Thread: Gear decision

Gear decision

So, I have one axe from 1. boss DS(397). But it refuses to give me the other one after 8-9 kills
    Been running around with normal Obsidian Cleaver(378) in ff-hand.

But last night I got both Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (403) and No'Kaled, the Elements of Death (403) .

Now, i know the No'Kaled, the Elements of Death is an agility axe, but the weapon damage and proc should make up for the loss of strenght and lower ilvl on the obsidium cleaver right?

So my question is, is it viable to use the agility axe in mh and the 397 axe from 1. boss in off-hand?

Or should I just go unholy until i get the heroic versions of the 1.boss axe?

I like both specs, so it's kinda hard to decide.

Yes, the agility axe is better than the normal cleaver. Go with it. I am as well suffering from the lack of drops. I will replace my weapons with the agi axe whenever I see it drop.
    UH is at a good state right now. If your raid setup can use UH and you can play properly go with it since you have a 403 weapon. If you are comfortable with playing both, test your frost and uh dps infront of a dummy, go with the one nets you moar dps.
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's unfortunate. Our first kill of Heroic Morchok dropped TWO heroic Hand of Morchok for me

But yeah, go with the agility axe, for sure. Huge upgrade in damage done, until you can replace it with a strength weapon, or, if you're lucky, the heroic versions. Unless you're unholy Gurth won't be worth as much with 2H frost being behind.

No'kaled is better than anything of lower ilv. You will have to be very unlucky with the proc damage to have the axe be worse. Also, simc is simming it to be better than anything of equivalent ilv. I've been playing around with 2x No'kaleds since last week and the damage done by the proc is similar to what simc predicts so it may well be better in reality on single target with standard haste-frost.