Deleted

Endgame moddable (orange) gear is coming! :>

I cannot really tell from what is being said but I hope they do this for Rakata / Battlemaster level gear also, so we can swap mods and shift the secondary stats around. He clearly states we can move set bonuses around.

Important for those who like to customise everything about their gear, including the looks but also the mods inside:

Below is quoted material from Emmanuel Lusinchi.

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Emmanuel Lusinchi
    Technical Design Director
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome

sounds completely awesome

Saw this somewhere before, but still makes me excited. I wanna use Kalig's saber (looks sweet IMO and makes me feel BA from a RP perspective - and I don't normally get into RP) but there's no hilt to take out of the one off Soa (which looks really bland) :[

Niiice...wow this is great.. good job BW!

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck. I already sold my cool looking orange outfit and started running around in the ugly IA PvE set.

Didn't think they'd make set bonuses transferrable too. That'll be nice.

Its old news but really an amazing featurure. I really hope with that add they add TONS of nice looking, empty orange items so the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't realized that set bonus transfers were in the works too. Now that is awesome.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Nice this is awesome news.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Saw this somewhere before, but still makes me excited. I wanna use Kalig's saber (looks sweet IMO and makes me feel BA from a RP perspective - and I don't normally get into RP) but there's no hilt to take out of the one off Soa (which looks really bland) :[

This was posted earlier this month. The original posting can be found at http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...52#edit1398252

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the current state, all I see are level 50s running around in PvP gear and look so cookie cutter/blandtastic so I chose to use the orange Vendetta 'set' on my Sniper. I have it modded with full 51 armor from the daily on Belsavis and pushed level 50 artifact-mod/enhancements to make them comparable (if not better) than the artifact items which drop in HM Flashpoints on top of matching mastercraft items.

...and I look absolutely badass.

The orange Eliminator set also looks nice, similiar to what is shown in the IA progression video for the Sniper but with a grey/red color scheme.

You can usually pick these up on the GTN in the 40 - 50 bracket.

I just wish I could come across a custom sniper rifle which fits between a compact and full-length rifle. I would totally use a nice looking rifle over the Champion rifle even if it hurts my output a little...
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-01-27 at 04:42 PM.

I wish they would fix PvP gearing this way, forcing accuracy when you're at 98% seems wasteful

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    I wish they would fix PvP gearing this way, forcing accuracy when you're at 98% seems wasteful
    its not really wasteful...coz accuracy above 100% then reduces targets chance to block parry or deflect i think it is...so more than 100% acc is not wasted

Quote Originally Posted by ravette View Post
    its not really wasteful...coz accuracy above 100% then reduces targets chance to block parry or deflect i think it is...so more than 100% acc is not wasted
    Accuracy over 100% increases armor pen.

Sounds like a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ravette View Post
    The issue people have with accuracy is not that it's wasted above 100%, but that the best attacks in the game have no base miss chance. Decreasing chance to be parried/dodged/deflected/etc isn't a huge deal when most classes rely on absorbing or healing damage. (Disclaimer: this is from my limited experience and research.)

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that still peeves me is how social armor is still entirely light armor, making it moddable but effectively not usable in end game content for anyone other than Inquisitors and Consulars.. bring back the medium and heavy social armor from beta .