Poll: How do you like your panrs?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pants Poll: Zipper or Buttons?

So today I am wearing these new jeans I got, and when I went to pee I was reminded of what a pain in the ass these button flies are. They take longer to open (which can be painful when you really have to go), and are also bothersome to close again. I always have to look twice and make sure I didn't leave any of the buttons open.

So tell me, dear MMO-Champion!

Is there any advantage to having a button fly instead of a quick, easy, and reliable zipper fly?

What do YOU prefer? The classic and awesome Zipper fly:

Or the awkward button fly:
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    buttons ftw

Buttons. Every man has, at some point, got their foreskin caught in the zip (unless you're circumcised). Trust me, it hurts like FUCK. Don't have that problem with buttons!

But also, they're trousers. Pants are what you wear under trousers.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2012-01-27 at 01:52 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadeh View Post
    buttons ftw

<video>
    Lol, well while I do love There's Something About Mary, I could never really relate with that scene. Never had that happen to me, and I can't see how it could happen. Maybe if you were going commando and were extremely incautious. I guess the lesson is to use underwear?

I might be a bit weird, but I prefer the zipper with jeans. Simply because their buttons are never any good. On dress trousers and such (as well as most chinos), the buttons are usually far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    It's the opposite in Americaland. For some reason. No idea why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buttons are simply a pain in the ass. And if you're careful getting caught isn't an issue.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    Buttons. Every man has, at some point, got their foreskin caught in the zip (unless you're circumcised). Trust me, it hurts like FUCK. Don't have that problem with buttons!

well thats never happened to me :P
    but i prefer zip, quicker and easier, thought it also breaks easier and sometimes unzips and you walk around with flys open :\

Deleted

I thought only in the lands of fiction and america were people dumb enough to do that.

Zippers all the way, not even a contest.

I like buttons more, they look cooler to me but it's rare to find a brand that uses them often. However, for most women's cuts they make the buttons too tight, which makes for difficult access.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a woman, I like buttons better. I think it looks better.

It may have something to do with me once seeing an abnormally long fly on a guy way back in high school. It made the pants crease into waves 3-4 times when he sat down and it was just not fashionable at all, haha.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try working buttons when ur shit faced drunk. Zipper all the way or velcro would be cool.

i'm used to buttons, but don't really care.. it's not like i'm not gonna a buy pair solely based on zipper or buttons

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    buttons ftw, not fiddling with awkward zips

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    Try working buttons when ur shit faced drunk. Zipper all the way or velcro would be cool.
    I do it every weekend, keeps my occupied while I'm talking to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer buttons but the other day I bought a new pair of denim with a zipper. First time in years, felt weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    I do it every weekend, keeps my occupied while I'm talking to myself.
    These two made me laugh

I'm also wondering. When unbuttoning button-fly jeans, do you guys open your belt and top-most button as well? I don't, it just seems like even more work. I just unbutton 3 or so buttons from the middle and squeeze my willy through there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    These two made me laugh

I'm also wondering. When unbuttoning button-fly jeans, do you guys open your belt and top-most button as well? I don't, it just seems like even more work. I just unbutton 3 or so buttons from the middle and squeeze my willy through there.
    I unbutton everything since my boxers don't have buttons and to me it's a mystery how other guys do it without unbuttoning every button. I'd probably piss against my own boxers otherwise.

Zipper, for when when you really need to go! Also, don't go commando if you don't want any accidents to happen...

I prefer the zip with a button at the top. Just looks better imo, and it feels like there isnt the risk of the flies coming undone!