Armortech + ? + ?

I took armortech on my BH (Powertech / Shield). I also took salvage and splicing, but was told latter that there is a better combo. I just started to level my professions so i am not sure what the guild member meet as he never elaborated , and has yet to be on again.

slicing is only good for making a tiny bit of cash
    later on, you will need underground trade iirc for armortech

Quote Originally Posted by Lierial View Post
    later on, you will need underground trade iirc for armortech
    Exactly to craft any Blues/Purples with armortech you need metal from Underworld Trading.

Dunno what salvage or splicing are... :P ..but.. for Armortech you want Scavenging + Underworld Trading, these 2 cover the mats you need to ding 400 easy and cheap.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Open your Quest log and click the Codex tab at the bottom. Scroll through the list until you find the entry that talks about Crew Skills. Read the entry on Armormech (mech not tech -- it's short for Armor Mechanic). It tells you exactly which complementary crew skills to get in order to be self sufficient.

The game gives you 99% of all the information you need to be successful. You just have to pay attention and look around a little.
    Last edited by Profyrion; 2012-01-27 at 02:12 PM.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here is a handy chart of all crafting professions and their dependencies, as well as who should use them: http://www.oldrepublic.net/258-crew-...endencies.html

Every tradeskill besides biochem is pretty terrible/useless at the moment. Unless you really feel a burning desire to be an armormech for RP purposes or something, go bio.

That said, armormech pairs with scavenging and underworld trading.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need fancy charts or anything. Just read your codex.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You don't need fancy charts or anything. Just read your codex.
    Given the number of threads we get about this, I keep that link handy. People don't really seem to read the codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lierial View Post
    Yes, keep on thinking that while I swim in my credits.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Given the number of threads we get about this, I keep that link handy. People don't really seem to read the codex.
    It's easier to ask random Internet forums because people are too lazy to do their own research, and someone will inevitably just give them the answer.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I don't believe anything you get from Underworld Trading is bind-on-pickup, so if you don't want to drop Slicing, you can always have an alt do Underworld Trading, or just use the credits from Slicing to buy the mats from GTN.

Thanks for the info and the handy graph all. I am going drop slicing and grab underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by BeingRepressed View Post
    Every tradeskill besides biochem is pretty terrible/useless at the moment. Unless you really feel a burning desire to be an armormech for RP purposes or something, go bio.

That said, armormech pairs with scavenging and underworld trading.
    armormech is useful for getting the two pieces of easily crafted rakata gear, then it's useless and should be dropped for biochem, which is clearly the absolute best crew skill, and will continue to be until they make the other crew skills actually useful.

Armormech can make solid money if you're willing to invest the resources required to research purple-quality patterns derived from greens. It takes a lot, but you can make a good amount of money selling entry-level gear.

I believe all professions (other than biochem and cybertech) are the same, but they are huge investments; far more than simply levelling the profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    Yes, keep on thinking that while I swim in my credits.

Yes but up untill around 200ish slicing, you now loose money rather than earn it... the most I've gained as + after the mission cost was 70ish credits.. thats right a profit of a whole 70 credits, sure later it turned out nicely but the lower ranks of it are severly screwed atm.

Its not about the lockboxes you get from slicing.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. to boring), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...nt-signatures/ - Regards, Dudeman