Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just out of interest are you on Kazzak EU? we have a lot of of arab players..

Okay, within all of this, there is a phenomenon that truly stands out.

NOBODY ANSWERED OP'S QUESTION!

All you guys did is state your opinion on racism and OP's comments about arabs and europeans. His question pertained as to whether or not this was bannable, and all you guys did was yell "RACISM" in unison, like sheep... Yes yes, sheep don't yell "RACISM", they go "BAAAAAH!", but it's close enough!

Now, for the very first answer to OP's question: it's quite a gray zone. If someone interprets this as being racist and makes a good enough case of it, you could get the hammer coming at ya.
    Several people answered his question, including me before you did... but nice try.
    Last edited by Maelle; 2012-01-27 at 03:05 PM.

Its a good idea. but your gonna get a ban. Why not make a recruitment website and have people fill out an application and find out on the app and just decline them?

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Haha I sadly I'd have to second that. Most of the time you can tell an english speaking baddie what he's doing wrong.

With non-english speakers you have no chance at all. That's also the reason why they have problems learning mechanics in LFD groups and tend do the wrong things.

EDIT:
    I play on north american realms ... just for the record.
    Usually those groups goes something like this.

ME: Mage, when you see the purple void pool on the ground, go left with the group so the healer can get some AOE heals due to the RNG Dot the Boss gives. Okay?

MAGE: Que, no -insert savage tongue here- ??

ME: ....

MAGE: Pinche Gringo es muy stupido y -more gibberish-

GROUP: .......

~~~~

I just wish Blizzard would keep the diversity to an all time minimum.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post

All you guys did is state your opinion on racism and OP's comments about arabs and europeans. His question pertained as to whether or not this was bannable, and all you guys did was yell "RACISM" in unison, like sheep... Yes yes, sheep don't yell "RACISM", they go "BAAAAAH!", but it's close enough!

Now, for the very first answer to OP's question: it's quite a gray zone. If someone interprets this as being racist and makes a good enough case of it, you could get the hammer coming at ya.
    not only did he ask if it was bannable, but he also stated he did hate them and gave reasons as too why

You probably should have read through the thread a little bit more closely:

Quote Originally Posted by GrimC View Post
    I dont think so cos it personal references. I would say its like "I want a fruit! but no apples or bananas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I think if you say LF 3v3 partner have no anoying background noises please or something like that would be better
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    no u wont u can choose to play with whomever you want. you are not insulting people you simply choose not to play with them. it not ban-able because you are not doing anything wrong you are not name calling nor insulting you simply picking and choose with whom you play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    Maybe it would be a better idea to advertise for people in or around your country, citing "Time zone issues". But really, don't stereotype
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    While I agree completely with your reasoning in that I prefer players from other parts of the world I think the message is a bit too flammable for the trade chat. I'd just ask people where they're from if I get whisps and ignore them if they're from an undesirable location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You might well get a ban for that possibly, if someone takes offense and tickets you. Better just to ask for Scandanavians only (most people will assume it's a language thing ^^) or just screen people as they /w you, and turn down people who you don't want to team with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    You should not say the "no arabs or eastern eu ppl" on trade chat, just ask ppl who whisper where theyre from and then decline. NOT ON TRADE CHAT, +you can ask about possible backround noices, not all arabs have same issue and not all eastern eu ppl have bad attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    while you wouldn't get banned since it's personal preference, you'd probably become notorious on your server for being a huge asshole, so be prepared for flamewars.

I'm not calling you an asshole, but people will view as such if that's how you write it.

Just ask for serious partners who won't have background disturbances and simply turn down the eastern europeans. It's a tad longer process, but much more neutral and diplomatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    You never know what you are going to get as far as players, you could ask them where they are from and they could tell you Brazil, but in reality are of Arabic origin! While you will hate whom you want, my best advice is just weed through whomever you get until you find someone you play well w/ regardless of their lineage!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Okay I can see where you're coming from. I often get a bit of trouble in raids when the raid leader is uhm, not a first english speaker (i.e from singapore). However this is because I have a lot of trouble understanding what they're saying. >_< Maybe you could just ask to be fluent in english (or whatever language you choose) and ask for their background noise to be minimal?
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Err I think you would receive a warning for that at least. Just ask them to get in vent and decline them there for w/e reason you seem fit. Just don't engage in something that Blizz can track if you are unsure what would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuukl1 View Post
    Probably not bannable but I think there are better solutions:

1) Instead of saying that you don't want people from place X, say that you only wan't people from place Y in your trade message.
    2) Don't define any of that in the trade message but handle it in /w after someone whispers you: "Where are you from?" - "Country X" - "No thanks, have a nice day" (or don't say anything after you've heard a country you don't like.

I wasnt gonna reply to this thread at all..until i read this. SEVERAL people stated that it was not a bannable offence. A couple people said it was. None of them cited the ToS for proof, so it was all opinion, but answers were given.

OP: kinda racist...I understand where you're coming from, but i also believe you COULD get at least a temp ban, if not a perma-ban for it.

p.s. now that I've typed this, i see your avatar...*insert "can't tell if" graphic*

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post

MAGE: Que, no -insert savage tongue here- ??
    lol savage tongue xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    My point exactly, maybe I should've included <sarcasm></sarcasm> to be sure. As you can see the person I quoted implied that my place of origin is Finland due to my location.
    I think you are the reason why he doesn't want eastern europeans so you can count yourself as one in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    My point exactly, maybe I should've included <sarcasm></sarcasm> to be sure. As you can see the person I quoted implied that my place of origin is Finland due to my location.

Touché!

@ OP:

"/2 2.6k warrior lf dedicated team for 3s - no fooling around and background noises allowed!!1eleven"

Deleted
    Eh... Closing this before I have to use my toes to count the infractions I have to hand out.