Post Class-Comparison

Hello, I want to try SWTOR next month, so I'm thinking about which Class I should take.

I'm used to WoW's Classes/Speccs and I think majority of the people who use MMO-C forums do know them, too.

So I ask everbody who knows WoW-Classes/Speccs and also SWTOR (Advanced) Classes/Speccs to tell about comparable ones. I do know that the games are different so the classes will naturally differ from game to game, but I can imagine that some classes will have a common theme, for example there might be a healer focused at HoT's (resto druid), a range focused at DoT's (affli lock / shadow priest) or a stealther focused at fast, stealthy combat (sub rogue), ... in SWTOR, too. It would really help me to make a decision in SWTOR and I think it will be interesting for a lot of people who think about starting SWTOR, too.

Here's the thing (coming from someone currently playing both games): nearly every base class can fill every role in the game depending on your choices. The Advanced Class (AC) is really where you pick what you want to do with the class with each of the two AC's for a class being able to fill multiple roles. I'm currently playing Republic side - Jedi Consular (JC) Shadow Infiltration build (stealth DPS) but could easily respec to a JC Shadow Combat build and become a tank. Check out the guides in the stickies at the top. Once you pick an AC, you can't go back and choose the other one later on, you would have to build a new character and select the other AC (in my case that would be a Sage, which can both DPS and heal).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines

Do not create duplicate threads in the same or multiple sections to attract more attention. CHECK
    Use the search function before creating a new thread. CHECK
    Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?" CHECK