Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    To give you guys a bit more information. I have used the HD6670 in a number of PC builds meant for gaming. For all intensive purposes it is a high end HTPC graphics card / entry level gaming card. While it performs moderately well in PC's I could see it performing far better in consoles. My sole reason for believing this is due to the game developers. The game developers are able to eek out as much performance from the HD6670 as possible because that is all they have to design the game for THAT"S IT. That alone makes a huge difference when you can dedicate so much time to coding for one chip, in comparison to PC gaming where they have to code for several generations of GPU's, not just a single GPU.
    This is very true, but do you not think perhaps the next model up or two could be an even better choice? I don't use consoles all that much but when I saw my brother playing BF3 on his xbox I just shuddered at how bad it looked compared to my PC which uses a GTX460 and that's a couple of years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    well you're not able to run games at maximum with no FPS issues with a rig for 200-400 bucks either
    Speak for yourself. Currently unless you're using the resolutions beyond 1080p you can build a system fully capable of running max settings for around $400. Going to the higher resolutions is whats really taking higher power cards these days.

edit: better add this is without the cost of the OS
    Last edited by lilatia; 2012-01-27 at 04:44 PM.
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Deleted
    If the 720 is expected to last 3 years this is fine. It will bring the graphics up to a fairly decent level which will last a little while.

If the 720 is expect to last another 7 years this is poor foresight. The console market has stunted game development as they are using old technology. It's only when you see a game designed for PC such as Metro, Cyrsis or BF3 that the graphical difference goes from "Slightly better" to "Omg, why am I playing on the console?". These games designers aren't doing anything supernatural, they are simply using current technology and competing against very old technology.

The card could definitely run Crysis 1/Warhead on 720p maxed out with 30fps. But it would be best if they use the next generation of cards - HD7000.

Like why couldn't they put at least a 6850 in it... That's only like what 50$ more.

Please keep discussion about the recent rumors to this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-November-2013