Deleted

Design your own Cataclysm Hard Modes

Hard modes have been announced to be returning in MoP, and I had a thought. What would hard modes have been like if they were in Cataclysm?

Design your own hard mode for any Cataclysm boss. I'll start:

Warmaster Blackhorn HM:

In P2, kill Warmaster Blackhorn before Goriana to initiate hard mode. Goriana lands and enrages, gaining additional abilities and becomes very challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    Hard modes have been announced to be returning in MoP, and I had a thought. What would hard modes have been like if they were in Cataclysm?

Design your own hard mode for any Cataclysm boss. I'll start:

Warmaster Blackhorn HM:

In P2, kill Warmaster Blackhorn before Goriana to initiate hard mode. Goriana lands and enrages, gaining additional abilities and becomes very challenging.
    Could we get a link for that? I seem to have missed it.

Anyway, you took the easy one. Yor- Allow all 3 oozes to reach him granting him the abilities of the Old Gods allowing him to summon additional and stronger oozes. Boss resets to full health. He will not gain abilities from this pack of oozes. Next set of oozes release sooner (the time between pull and first oozes.) Will not activate if Yor is below x% health and receives all 3 adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend said this in vent last night on what they should have made Hagara on heroic do:

The ice walls randomly switch directions.

Deleted
    Could we get a link for that? I seem to have missed it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...744?page=7#124

Not quite confirmed, but very likely.

Come on people, don't forget about FL/BoT/BWD/TotFW.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought heroic modes are the hard modes, you just activate them by a toggle instead of doing random things during the fight, or have I missed something?

Deleted
    I thought heroic modes are the hard modes, you just activate them by a toggle instead of doing random things during the fight, or have I missed something?
    They are, but people consider it more fun to toggle something on rather than flip a switch at the entrance.

My ideas would be for Throne to kill Nezir (He is the middle one right?) first to activate HM, which involves the other 2 on one platform, with toned down wind blast (knock off effect similar to mimiron p2?) or cho'gall, do not kill one of the elementals (ie what happens on heroic when they come out), let it get to him on full health, activating HM.

Don't expose Magmaw's head using the chains and it activates its current HM abilities, but the group is still not allowed to chain Magmaw once during the encounter.

Valiona and Theralion. Every player in the raid enters the twilight phase after Valiona goes airborne and a X.Y million HP mob must be killed to exit whilst dodging all the normal shit going on.

Deleted
    For Firelands I would say on Beth the option of sending no one up top would have been a decent hard mode as it makes the fight one hell of a healer battle and dps race during P2 or well at least it was back in pre firelands gear.