Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd rather have them fix the key-mapping. It always breaks If I rebind a key. Then I can't ever get It to work again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see the same number of action bars, but with simple macros that allow multiple abilities to be used at once. Having to bind my Recklessness, relic, and adrenals to separate keys, and expect to be able to use them quickly is a lot to ask. Especially in hectic "OH SHIT" moments as a healer. If we had even simple macros, 48 slots would be plenty.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I too am an assassin, 44, Tank Spec. When I get home if I think about it I'll post my keybind layout and you'll see it's pretty full. There are a couple things that I don't use on there and could probably take off though.

What I really want is to be able to make my screen look more like a UI I used in WoW. MazzleUI/ArkiveUI/UITat. UITat being the current one that is updated.

Here is what it looked like after I modified it to my tastes:
    (image removed to save space)

Basically I want my map in the bottom center with 3-4 bars on either side, chat window to the left of all that and the nonexistent combat log to the right. On the right are my 3 main bars, top bar on the left pet bar, bottom 2 clickable stuff like fleet pass, stims things of that nature. I don't REALLY need 3 bars on the left, but they need to be there so it looks symmetrical. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
    Wow.. thats... bloated.

You dont need a ton of stuff visible, which is why the ability to keybind without using a bar slot is a better option. Not every ability has a cooldown. Also, thinks like mounts, fleet passes, quick travel, stance switches, stealth, etc can all benefit from the ability to keybind without taking up bar space.

This is mine

I am honestly fine with the 48 slots into my 40's, BUT yes it would be nice to have the bars in a more logical place rather then 2 bottom, 1 left, 1 right... if it where 3 bottom in a similar layout to WoW of 1 main bar on one row and then the 2 additional bars side by side rather then stacked and then one on the right it would be more ideal. As it stands now the things I have on my left bar are the super long cooldowns or PvP tools that I don't use while questing or often enough to be where they are easy to reach, on my right I have stuff like Stims, medipacks, relics, etc, and then on my bottom bars I have all my 2minute or less CD PvE spells.

Could I use 1 to 2 more bars? Most definitly, but if I am not switching constantly between PvE and PvP can I fit all I need on the 48 slots yes.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the 3 bottom, 2 right setup I have had for years in WoW to fit all the spells and items properly for wither PvE or PvP, but I think this type of suggestion would be more suited over on Biowares forums where if enough people reply they can go "oh hey our customers want 1-3 more bars, lets get that in there"... posting it here is not very useful.

I vote for less redundant or partially duplicated abilities which mostly exist because the similar ability is on cool down. I spend more time managing 6 and 9 second cool downs than playing the game at times.

Screw action bars, if the game needs more than one bar in combat its designed wrong.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Screw action bars, if the game needs more than one bar in combat its designed wrong.
    You don't need more than one bar for combat. My single target rotation on my BH is 5 or 6 abilities, so I could fit 2 relics, an adrenal, a medpack, and my DPS cooldown on the same bar.

But oh, wait, now it's an AoE situation. Or I'm in PvP and have to use my utility abilities. More bars! If I had macros so I could overload each slot with modifiers, I could fit all that on one bar too (1 might be my basic attack, alt+1 my stun, shift+1 an AoE...)

How is that bad design, exactly? It's not uncommon, either. I use 5 bars in WoW (2 hidden).

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that I've got enough quickbar slots, what I need is some macros, and the ability to reconfigure their placement. I'd want to make it setup like my G13 (three rows, 7 on the top, 7 in the middle, 5 on the bottom) and have a box on the side for all my cooldowns and intermittent abilities.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

As a Sorcerer, I have more than enough quickbar spots/binds for all my abilities. I have a hard time believing that other classes have over 48 abilities they use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    As a Sorcerer, I have more than enough quickbar spots/binds for all my abilities. I have a hard time believing that other classes have over 48 abilities they use.
    PvP requires a lot more abilities handy than PvE does. And when you start adding cooldowns and items the list can get quite long.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    I must be the worst Sniper in the game... I'm using the two bottom bars and the left bar... and the left bar has space for 3-4 more things. Or maybe it's because of my fancy cover bar. But I'm having no issues finding slots for stuff and keybinding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Corruption sorcerer, in PvE I not only have heals bound, but I have my dps abilities bound to something accessible so that I can help burst adds and such. I also have utility abilities (CC breaker, Extricate, Purge, etc.) bound. That's just my center bars.

http://i44.tinypic.com/219q6va.jpg

That's my UI before I picked up Biochem and my Alacrity relic. The only non-essential item bound was Rally, and that was only because I hate looking at empty buttons.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

15+ Year Old Account
    As OP healer I have 5 healing abilities that I'm constantly using. Several around 10-15 damage abilities of which I use all either when soloing or when in a group.
    Then come the Cooldowns, adrenals, my relic, medpacks, situational use like my battle rez or ccs, and throwing the huttball.
    All in all I've got my entire two bottom bars + my whole left bar + half of my right bar bound. Nevermind the companion abilities.

Playing with ESDF, a G19 (G keys) and a Naga for numlock access.

I have bound neither my mount nor my stimpack to the bars. And there's other minor things I'd also be happy to have displayed on one of my bars, instead of opening a menu first.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not the problem really for me. But more the fact that some abilities end up on the left and right quickslot bars.. Which i simply hate i want one central spot in my screen and not look in 100 different directions. If they would allow us to place one of the side bars or even both on the center console i would be fine with this to.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    That is not the problem really for me. But more the fact that some abilities end up on the left and right quickslot bars.. Which i simply hate i want one central spot in my screen and not look in 100 different directions. If they would allow us to place one of the side bars or even both on the center console i would be fine with this to.
    I understand what you mean.

I addressed that problem by having all my abilities that either have no cooldown or unimportant cooldowns on the sides, and the ones with important cooldowns on the bottom. So, I never look at the left/right, but only the bottom.

That only works for keybinders though, not clickers.

If you are a clicker I can see how it would be rough having to zip around from the bottom to the sides to click things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you mean.
    If you are a clicker I can see how it would be rough having to zip around from the bottom to the sides to click things.
    No not a clicker, just used to focussing on one spot of my screen to watch abilities. And not twist and turn my head in every direction :P

My screenshot of wow is higher up the page. For example the trinket for pvp i normally just click true. But the 7-= keys are double bounded. With ctrl 1-6 modifier underneath it.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-01-27 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    yep theres A LOT of shit dude and i dont click im not a casual
    Seriously tired of BS blanket statements like this...

Me = Casual
    I...have every single button on my bottom, left and side bound to shift/ctrl + buttons...get over yourself.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I'd like to see:

- a resizable UI (to make it smaller)
    - macros
    - movable action bars.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the amount of abilities, better UI features to track reactive abilities and some basic macro functionality is enough. Hell I started out missing all the addons and macros I was used to from WoW, now days I can see the downside to a lot of them and to be fair I can see my self playing with out most of that stuff, just some basic additions and it's all good.

I don't really agree that there needs to be more action bars, but it would be nice if there was a way to position the bars and the unit frames where we wanted, and to be able to scale all the objects on the UI.

More bars or macros, it's gotta be one. My operative is just 32 and only has 6 open slots left (not including "in cover" abilities which at least get their own bar). And between PvP and PvE I use them all. I should be able to squeeze it all in by 50, but it'll be close.

And while we're messing with the UI, how about being able to make buff icons larger, or with a timer. I gotta deal with HoTs, DoTs and a dumb energy regen buff constantly and the smallest icons are literally 3mm wide onscreen. Oh, and fix that screwup with the button opactity on cooldown while you're at it.