Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's your WPM?

I'm bored.
    What's your WPM (Words Per Minute)

http://speedtest.10fastfingers.com/

I'm hitting about 65 on average, 72 is my usual peak.

got 80 wpm, honestly thought it would be much worse considering I only use 2 fingers on each hand + thumb

Words per minute (WPM) 81
    Keystrokes 431
    Correct words 81
    Wrong words 4
    You reached 404 Points so you achieved position 5234 of 73001 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

I had to stop though, my dad decided he wanted to scare my parrot so I shouted at him. >.>

Second try:
    Words per minute (WPM) 100
    Keystrokes 501
    Correct words 90
    Wrong words 0
    You reached 501 Points so you achieved position 1566 of 72972 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-01-27 at 07:55 PM.

Keystrokes 527
    Correct words 98
    Wrong words 4
    You reached 498 Points so you achieved position 1642 of 72996 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

I wasn't expecting the scroll up which threw me off early on as I was looking at the second line just to find my line moved up one but otherwise it's not bad results considering this is my work laptop not my normal computer.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably 60something if that much :3 Don't feel like taking test though

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I don't like this WPM cause it is just words, and not sentences. If you start adding capitals and periods, your wpm goes down considerably (at least for me).

Words per minute (WPM) 92
    Keystrokes 487
    Correct words 91
    Wrong words 4

With actual sentences I can peak at about 82 if listening to dubstep xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
    Keystrokes 527
    Correct words 98
    Wrong words 4
    You reached 498 Points so you achieved position 1642 of 72996 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

I wasn't expecting the scroll up which threw me off early on as I was looking at the second line just to find my line moved up one but otherwise it's not bad results considering this is my work laptop not my normal computer.
    That's impressive.
    You should tell me the results on your normal computer. P:

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    That's impressive.
    You should tell me the results on your normal computer. P:
    If I remember to when I get home I'll give it a go and re-post.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

101 WPM, 505 keystrokes, 101 correct words, 0 wrong words.

2nd try, admittedly, getting used to my new Corsair K60. Reds are a big change coming from a keyboard with Black cherry MX's, love them to bits though.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    97 was my highest.
    Averaged around 93.

I agree with Justinram22 though. I think full sentences with punctuation and capitalization (along with some more complicated words) would give a much better indication to typing speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justinram22 View Post
    I don't like this WPM cause it is just words, and not sentences. If you start adding capitals and periods, your wpm goes down considerably (at least for me).

Words per minute (WPM) 92
    Keystrokes 487
    Correct words 91
    Wrong words 4

With actual sentences I can peak at about 82 if listening to dubstep xD
    91 myself, but I agree with your issue with it.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Words per minute (WPM) 87
    Keystrokes 475
    Correct words 86
    Wrong words 6
    You reached 436 Points so you achieved position 3665 of 73006 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

15+ Year Old Account

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Hacking this is so easy.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was 55 wpm. Seems low.

I was thrown off by America. It demanded a capital letter and my word processor usually does that automatically.
    Putin khuliyo

Words per minute (WPM) 94
    Keystrokes 498
    Correct words 85
    Wrong words 4
    You reached 470 Points so you achieved position 2409 of 73007 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)

I got a few words wrong because my mind made start typing a sentence like after a word I would type a, as I would in a regular sentence. Also as another posted above me I got thrown off at first by the line moving up instead of staying on line 2. Oh well, not bad.

Punctuation and "real" sentences don't necessarily lower your typing speed if you've got a good technique (doesn't have to be "touch" typing - I don't touch type, but I still have 550+ keys per minute, following a punctuated, capitalized script). Though it's probably where the good starts separating from the really good typists, the latter just keeps going when dots and capitals are added in

I actually find it easier to type real sentences, because your brain can sort of work a step ahead and sort of predict a few words based on what the sentence is saying - where as random words are confusing and sometimes conflict with your brain trying to "predict" the next one, and end up screwing it up... At least that happens for me.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Words per minute (WPM) 76
    Keystrokes 387
    Correct words 71
    Wrong words 1

Was around 130 WPM during school with all the essays I had to write out but I don't do a lot of typing these days

I prefer full sentences because I can have the string in my head instead of a jumble of words. Damn brain.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Words per minute (WPM) 91
    Keystrokes 502
    Correct words 87
    Wrong words 6
    You reached 453 Points so you achieved position 2989 of 73066 on the ranking list (last 24 hours)