Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic Madness of Deathwing [RET]

Lets talk about HEROIC madness as ret,how to maximize DPS,what are the best trinkets to use?
    Im gonna progress on it tonight and will update at the end of the raid how it went,im aiming to do comparable DPS as the rest of my guildies.

Edit: I reforged back to mastery>crit>haste cuz we got past the first 3 platforms in a couple of hours and not really needed that 3sec CD anymore
    Last edited by mmocda8837aeff; 2012-01-27 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    I remember reading something about it on EJ and the number was somewhere around 1185 haste. And I'm pretty sure it was close to that.

Advice: Reforge to that, go LFR and test it out yourself. But keep this in mind: Kalecgos will most likely be your last platform and also the hardest one. Understandable you want to pull max dps with CS on 3sec CD, but that's only while nozdormu is up. While you are progressing through the first platforms go reforged to that, but once your guild got the hang of it, back to normal reforge, the one you'll need for kalecgos' platform.

Regarding trinkets. I would go with EoU and BLF/CotU. Probably BLF though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkozz View Post
    Lets talk about madness as ret,how to maximize DPS,what are the best trinkets to use?
    Im gonna progress on it tonight and will update at the end of the raid how it went,im aiming to do comparable DPS as the rest of my guildies.

Im trying to get 3sec CD on crusader strike with reforging to haste a bit
    Personal opinion, Unless you are dead set on trying to parse and you are getting tricks or getting to pad reforging for CS @ 3.0 for minimal platform use is wasted. This is not a strict DPS fight and it does not shine for Ret. This fight is very laid back and easy going 1 new mechanic added vs normal mode and it's not really hard it's just about bursting down the corrupting parasite.

Maximizing DPS will be staying at the best for the entire fight, Maximizing for one platform you won't see a true difference because every class that scales with haste properly is going to shit all over your numbers.

Now if you are dead set on parsing it's 100% about understanding when to seal swap to righteousness and how to maximize damage on the blood. It's also about sitting on all CD's until cataclysm is being cast to up your DPS. Now if you have slow DPS you might get CD's at the start and the end of each platform but you won't know that until you study the time of the fight for your raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Im not trying to parse,im just trying to be not useless as right now i am 20k DPS behind the rest of my raid.

Im not trying to parse,im just trying to be not useless as right now i am 20k DPS behind the rest of my raid.
    how in the world!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel L Raptor View Post
    how in the world!?
    Everyone multi-dotting or theyre spellweave is doing 15% of their dmg while mine is only 3-4%
    Plus they benefit way more from haste

are you aoeing the adds that come out for more spellweave procs? stuff like concecration divine storm and what ever else aoe you have procs spellweave so you should see more of it on ur dps if your not doing that right now.

Everyone multi-dotting or theyre spellweave is doing 15% of their dmg while mine is only 3-4%
    Plus they benefit way more from haste
    Highlighted this, today in LFR my friend's warrior had 228 proocs, I had 83 on my paladin, I genuinly have no idea what proocs it but it's an immense difference.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

I'd have to say you're doing something wrong. I'm never even 5k behind my raid when I feel like I'm doing terrible and at the end of the fight I'm usually 2nd overall next to our Legendary SPriest who rocks the charts on this fight.

Take some time and practice in LFR on whichever fight to get timing down for CD's and roll it all out at the same time and make sure you won't be transitioning from Corruption>Tentacle during your CD Phase. Throw a DS or two at the Bloods and they should be down assuming you're raid handles it pretty well. I personally use my CD's on every platform on the corruption because we run 1 tank in that fight and can't be doubling up on impales to wipe us.

No need to reforge haste to the 3s CS. Also at the gear level we are at mastery is falling behind crit. (At least from multiple 50k sims I've ran) Line your CDs up in this fight right and you can use them 5-6 times. When Zeal is up as well as Nozdormu buff rotate CS>TV... No matter there will be a slight wait time of .1-.3 seconds but setting a filler in place here is a loss in DPS.

I don't even bother seal twisting here for the bloods as they go down insanely fast with Spellweave and raid participation. Put up Vengeance and leave it.

Deleted
    Remember this is on heroic it is worth switching seal of righteousness for every platform since they dont die as fast as on normal mode.
    You cant practice for this in LFR mode ,just need a bit of wipes to figure out when to use cooldowns and what trinkets are best for it, Creche is lining up horribly for me and i dont think i will use it for this fight

Deleted
    If you have Bone link fetish, as I said, give it a shot.

The bloods should die within 10 seconds otherwise they heal to full and the DPS on them was wasted. The globals used to twist are a loss in DPS as most damage here comes from Spellweave it's about getting as many attacks in as possible in that window and SoR does not proc Spellweave. Divine Storm, Melee, TV, Exor, Judge, and Holy Wrath all do (Dunno about Cons)

I was talking about practicing rotations for the fight. Learning how the haste buff, and the lack of later, affect your CS/Filler/TV rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacx92 View Post
    The bloods should die within 10 seconds otherwise they heal to full and the DPS on them was wasted. The globals used to twist are a loss in DPS as most damage here comes from Spellweave it's about getting as many attacks in as possible in that window and SoR does not proc Spellweave. Divine Storm, Melee, TV, Exor, Judge, and Holy Wrath all do (Dunno about Cons)

I was talking about practicing rotations for the fight. Learning how the haste buff, and the lack of later, affect your CS/Filler/TV rotation.
    This is true unless you are trying to pad meters.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    It really depends on the tactic your guild chooses to follow. Switching to elementium bolts and placement of corrupting parasite are large variables here. Being able to use cd's during cataclysm casts will help boost the numbers. Sadly, our spellweave capabilities are lacking far behind some other classes so any meter padding doesnt extend much beyond some extra seal of cleave damage.

In my guild we don't drop the corrupting parasites in time zones so i'm using cd's on the first parasite for each platform. Spellcleave takes care of the second. This ofc means no cataclysm cd's but with no sub rogues or arcane mages, topping parasite deeps is no problem

I reforged to about 1200 haste and it helped a great deal on parasite burst. Haste buff on 3 platforms and then we lust on the 4th, with all buffs returning in phase 2 its pretty much single filler rotation for the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    This is true unless you are trying to pad meters.
    Is there other reason to raid in a tier as boring as this :/
    @ you are in 10 man guild, so stuffs can probably be a bit different aka your roll in certain phases of fight, ability to use cds, timings, etc etc

Why do people talk about saving your cd's for cataclysm? Does he take extra dmg during that or something.

there isnt anyway u can beat classes that can actually use spellweaving. If you really want to pad... then well.... aoe more blood for no reason

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Deleted
    in my experience the reason i am only 10th oder 11th on the meters is entirely due to the other classes benefitting more from spellweave and aoeing the bloods like hell.
    when i look at dmg done to things like mutated corruption or wing/arm tentacle i am usually 4th or 5th. so while it might look bad on the meters, it is mostly because the others are doing "fake dmg" to the blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiacx92 View Post
    I'd have to say you're doing something wrong. I'm never even 5k behind my raid when I feel like I'm doing terrible and at the end of the fight I'm usually 2nd overall next to our Legendary SPriest who rocks the charts on this fight.

Take some time and practice in LFR on whichever fight to get timing down for CD's and roll it all out at the same time and make sure you won't be transitioning from Corruption>Tentacle during your CD Phase. Throw a DS or two at the Bloods and they should be down assuming you're raid handles it pretty well. I personally use my CD's on every platform on the corruption because we run 1 tank in that fight and can't be doubling up on impales to wipe us.

No need to reforge haste to the 3s CS. Also at the gear level we are at mastery is falling behind crit. (At least from multiple 50k sims I've ran) Line your CDs up in this fight right and you can use them 5-6 times. When Zeal is up as well as Nozdormu buff rotate CS>TV... No matter there will be a slight wait time of .1-.3 seconds but setting a filler in place here is a loss in DPS.

I don't even bother seal twisting here for the bloods as they go down insanely fast with Spellweave and raid participation. Put up Vengeance and leave it.
    I'd love to see a parse of your Heroic Madness being 2nd in damage done.

He can't requital; he's only 4/8 heroic. BTW, my holydin gets amazing spellweave procs on the bloods with just a consecrate & holy wrath.