10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

Preparing for the patch

Any tips from the people on the ptr about prepping for the patch? So far I have max my war zone points and am contemplating buying a speeder as I hear they're more expensive in the patch. Anything else worth doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Any tips from the people on the ptr about prepping for the patch? So far I have max my war zone points and am contemplating buying a speeder as I hear they're more expensive in the patch. Anything else worth doing?
    Saving daily commendations if you do your dailies.

Sadly on my reroll toon on a busy server aka new main, I spent over 1000 warzone comms turning them into merc comms getting rdy to hit 50 in the next day or so. I was a bit bummed when just momments ago I saw Dulfy's post saying that they would be worthless in just over a day and I just pissed away a ton of time and resources.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I have bought rank 3 speeders on the toons I don't have rank 3 on yet. But that's the only thing I have done.

Deleted
    there will be new daily missions on Corellia for Empire as far as I know ...
    I didn't play on the PTR but i guess you'll need to finish the main quest on corellia to do the dailys (this is just a guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Sadly on my reroll toon on a busy server aka new main, I spent over 1000 warzone comms turning them into merc comms getting rdy to hit 50 in the next day or so. I was a bit bummed when just momments ago I saw Dulfy's post saying that they would be worthless in just over a day and I just pissed away a ton of time and resources.
    They won't be worthless per se. You'll be able to convert merc comms back to warzone comms at a rate of 10 to 10. So if you have 1k/1k saved up for tomorrow, you could actually buy a BM mainhand right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambreene View Post
    They won't be worthless per se. You'll be able to convert merc comms back to warzone comms at a rate of 10 to 10. So if you have 1k/1k saved up for tomorrow, you could actually buy a BM mainhand right off the bat.
    Well thats good to know, I might be able to store up a bit more then 1000 to start then.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

get your finger ready to hit the unsubscribe button when it isnt the miracle patch you expected it to be

me personally? im thinkin about buyin some popcorn,maybe a few beers.and laughing tommorow at the amount of self entitled crybabies on the forums that are unsubbing and posting there list of reasons no one cares about and just wants to give them a swift kick out the door

Please keep the trolling out of the forums while we prep to enjoy our patch. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-11 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    get your finger ready to hit the unsubscribe button when it isnt the miracle patch you expected it to be

me personally? im thinkin about buyin some popcorn,maybe a few beers.and laughing tommorow at the amount of self entitled crybabies on the forums that are unsubbing and posting there list of reasons no one cares about and just wants to give them a swift kick out the door

Please keep the trolling out of the forums while we prep to enjoy our patch. -Cula
    Thanks Culadin for removing the likes of him from our forums. Its getting a little annoying seeing more and more of these kinds of people appearing in the TOR section. If they don't like - stay out. Its that simple.

Well it's fine for people to post that they think 1.2 will be a disappointment (or really any criticism is fine)... it mostly has to do with the way some people choose to go about it.

So... I am trying to decide... I have 130 mercenary coms atm. I could take tonight and grind out 200 and be able to buy a bag. I think I should do this since after the patch it will be a 1:1 ratio on them and before it wasn't.

This whole BM gear with customized mods fiasco that won't translate into new gear, is one of the things that has me wondering if I really want to continue this game. I should not have to grind the same gear twice, well actually I have to grind it twice and then buy a crited orange version of the BM gear(I like the look) to get an augment slot. Having to buy the orange shell would be fine, if I didn't have to grind the gear one more time to not loose out on a lot of expertise. The biggest problem is that Zoeller once stated that it was safe to just remod the gear to optimze it, and that they were aware of the shitty stat allocations. Had such a statement not been said I MIGHT have kept the original mods.

It's like Bioware thinks everyone with BM gear is a basement dwelling neckbeard with unlimited time on their hands; "Meh, they just spam WZ's all day and grind it again. This will also help us prolong the content since it adds a ninjatier before rated gear"

/rant off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well it's fine for people to post that they think 1.2 will be a disappointment (or really any criticism is fine)... it mostly has to do with the way some people choose to go about it.

So... I am trying to decide... I have 130 mercenary coms atm. I could take tonight and grind out 200 and be able to buy a bag. I think I should do this since after the patch it will be a 1:1 ratio on them and before it wasn't.
    Only reason I could see to buying champion bags is if you are close to purchasing a piece of champion gear (which is still somewhat better than the new recruit gear). Otherwise you're better saving wz/merc comms for tomorrow (Ideal situation is to have 1k of each, convert the merc comms to wz comms tomorrow, giving you 2k wz comms, which allows you to buy at least 1 piece of BM gear).
    Last edited by Ambreene; 2012-04-12 at 02:44 AM.

I am curious , are the XML files from the PTR work on the retail patch?
    Also, having a lowbie char now i was about to buy the mount speeder 2 piloting ( lvl40 ) but i ll postpone this till tomorow ( suposedly prices go down ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    I am curious , are the XML files from the PTR work on the retail patch?
    Also, having a lowbie char now i was about to buy the mount speeder 2 piloting ( lvl40 ) but i ll postpone this till tomorow ( suposedly prices go down ).
    What do you mean if the XML files from the PTR work on the retail patch? I don't quite understand that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    What do you mean if the XML files from the PTR work on the retail patch? I don't quite understand that question.
    I think he is looking for a way to copy his PTR install to his live install to avoid having to download the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Think he's referencing for UI customizations (they are saved in a file that you can share with others). My guess is that they should work, but we won't know until it goes live really...

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Think he's referencing for UI customizations (they are saved in a file that you can share with others). My guess is that they should work, but we won't know until it goes live really...
    Ah, yes, that makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    That would be interesting I suppose. I haven't fooled around more than 5min with my UI on the PTS.

Aye i was referring to the UI files guys, sorry for not being clear.
    So i did some read up and its quite possible. Also i personally tested PTR XML File on a pc with different resolution and the UI tweaks worked like charm! GG Bioware