Hard Mode Karagga's Palace - Videos and Strat

This was our second clear of this zone. I have to say that I like it a lot more than EV since it's fun and challenging. They made me do the logic game on G4-B3 which I had never done before, but once I got the hang of it it proved to be very entertaining.

Bonethrasher

This one is pretty straightforward. We had a balanced group of melee/ranged, 2 healers and 1 tank in DPS gear. We setup the ranged in north/south positions around the boss and the healers in east/west. Melee are kind of free for all and responsible for moving behind the boss if he isn't targeting you. The main thing here is to eat swipes if he is on you to maximize time on dps and healing. The ranged are responsible for the tiny red adds that spawn so the melee aren't running around. You kill one of the adds that spawns around 50% and keep the other one CC'd until the boss dies.

Jarg & Sorno

Another pretty straightforward fight. Split the ranged dps to Jarg and the melee to Sorno. Have the Sorno tank interrupt his damage ability and have the dps, me in this case, interrupt his heal. When the probes spawn everybody switches to free up your tanks. Avoid standing in pools of lazer and make sure you keep both bosses near the same percentage of HP. We had one or two people responsible for switching in case one pulled ahead of the other. Make sure to kill Sorno around 10-15% and then finish off Jarg. Jarg goes bat shit crazy the moment you kill Sorno so make sure you have him reasonably low.

Foreman Crusher

Again another relatively simple encounter. We spread out when the fight starts to reduce any incoming damage while the tank positions the boss. DPS go FFA on the adds and then get onto the boss. During a frenzy we like to use accuracy reducing abilities on the boss to reduce damage, and again after he heads back towards the tank after slamming on somebody else. Adds spawn every 25% or so as long as he isn't casting something. Take care of them promptly and burn the boss.

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator

This encounter can be a little tricky and requires a few players to play a logic game. You can practice moving around the ignition keys before pulling the boss which should help. We like to leave one healer and a dps up top so they can heal up after getting hit by the droids. The difference in Hard Mode is that you need to go in a specific order and the three exhausts vents do separate things. The first is like your typical normal mode; it takes off his armor and gives you 100% increased damage. The second sucks all the adds and mines into the middle so you need to make sure your melee are not in range of that when it gets fired. I cannot remember exactly what the third one does, but it's pretty minor. It was my first time assigned to the logic game and as you can see from the video we kinda messed it up from the start, and we just barely killed him as he enraged. You want to make sure to pop all dps cooldowns on the first vent, and keep your relics/adrenals for when you get back to that point. Keep people spread out and things controlled with good communication and this guy should die easily.

Karagga the Unyielding

Final encounter in this zone and a really fun one. Boss is very similar to Grobbulus from Naxxramas. We like to position him close to the door and move him along the perimeter of the room as he drops his puddles of fiery death. We make sure the melee/ranged are positioned to the side of the boss as he does a fiery fart cleave out of his back side. Healers can be FFA but we tend to have them behind the tanks a bit so they can be in range and also help dispell. It's key here for your players to know when to call for dispells when they get the fatal attraction ability called on them. Aside from that make sure you can rotate aoe's for when the mouse droids spawn as to reduce damage on the raid. During the time that mouse droids spawn we like to use our accuracy reducing abilities on the boss to keep things safe for healers.

Overall a very well done raid that our guild enjoys clearing. Hope you guys enjoyed the vids!
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they keep making more puzzle fights. I think its neat. Well done on the vids and thanks for the tips

My guild just cleared Hardmode Karaga's Palace yesterday. All and all, pretty fun and challenging, but not yet head-bashingly so. But, one thing I did notice from your videos and our kills was the damage we took. Man, when the Foreman smashed, everyone went to 1/3 health, not to mention a rock and smash could kill >.<. The Railshot on Jarg and Sorno would take out 3/4, we had to heal the target fast. And then, Karaga, man, 16 people in the same area, with a second gravity pull thing each time...that was hell. They should increase the space >.<. But, all in all, Hardmode is hardmode, and we is princes for beating them
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Yeah we've done a lot of 16 man normals for our newers 50s and notice those damage increases as well. One thing we also noticed is that going from 16m to 8m really increases your awareness to stuff and makes it feel "easier" so to say. I'm just waiting for the rest of my guild to get geared up because I love bigger raids and really wanna try both EV and KP on hard mode 16!

Deleted
    KP was a joke, we went for servers frist and wiped 2x times. i want to have a FIGHT!.
    hope they come up with some hardcore encounter

Yeah hardmode hasn't really been a real challenge, then again we're raiding with people who were US 3rd KT and 11th for Illidan so they know their way around mmo's. We really want to see what nightmare has in store for us, but with all the bugs with loot and what not we're not even bothering for now.

Also hiii Brownprobe <3

Deleted
    On normal the fights are a joke, but that's ok, that means most of the subscriber base can experience them without taking away from the feeling of achievement. On hard mode experienced raiders will have no problem except for the odd bug, but still newer raiders may experience some difficulty. I have yet to try Nightmare mode, but I'm guessing its in the right place concerning the challenge level.

Overall I like the system and it makes it extremely easy to gear up alts in normal mode while still offering rewards/challenges for main in the other modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledbambi View Post
    KP was a joke, we went for servers frist and wiped 2x times. i want to have a FIGHT!.
    hope they come up with some hardcore encounter
    Cleared it on nightmare mode?

Not really any point to NM right now unless its for prestige and bragging rights.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=245532

Deleted
    Which classes have accuracy reducing abilities?
    - Very nice guide btw! Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Cleared it on nightmare mode?
    Not only did they do it on 8man, but it was also hardmode. They wouldn't be calling it 'easy' after facing Jarg and Sorno on nightmare 16man. That fight was a bitch when you didn't expect them to start one shotting you all over the place.

Nice guide.

We got Jarge and Sorno down in 16-man Nightmare by bringing both to 40%, then killing Jarge and healing through Sorno's enrage while we killed him. Their my turn/your turn double-shot can kill light armor wearers at or near full health, so doing it this way means we just have to focus on keeping the tank up. Sorno's enrage is easier that Jarg's so we kill Jarg first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumblerot View Post
    Nice guide.

We got Jarge and Sorno down in 16-man Nightmare by bringing both to 40%, then killing Jarge and healing through Sorno's enrage while we killed him. Their my turn/your turn double-shot can kill light armor wearers at or near full health, so doing it this way means we just have to focus on keeping the tank up. Sorno's enrage is easier that Jarg's so we kill Jarg first.
    The only way to finish that fight is killing Jarg first. We killed Sorno first for fun to see what happened, and well, Jarg basically one shots everyone individually. Including tanks. Its really easy once you get it down but when first attempting it, you may get a little frustrated.

The hell occuring if Sorno dies first.... XX