Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Rotten teeth, no money or insurance.

    Mod, delete this thread.
    It truely brought out the assholes.
    Thanks to the kind people for the advice.
    Last edited by OrlyAurora; 2012-01-28 at 05:13 PM.
    Kiss my waggle

  2. #2
    Have you tried string and a door knob?

    It'll hurt like a bitch, but if your teeth are as bad as you say, it should get them out.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,059
    Pliers + someone to do the pulling and a high pain threshold.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlyAurora View Post
    Hello fellow MMO Champ readers. I come to you tonight with a question.
    Where or how can I get EVERY tooth in my mouth pulled out? I live on a fixed monthly income and food stamps. Once bills are paid, I hardly have a penny left to buy things such as toilet paper and toothpaste. My car hasn't seen a full or even half a tank of gas in over a year. Most of the time it sits on E and I pray everytime I go to the store for food that it will make it there and back home.
    So here's the story about my teeth. My grandmother suffered from the same problems but luckily she had the means to get it fixed. Since I was around 14 yrs old my teeth have degenerated. Cavities, abcesses, popping / cracking jaw, etc. I do not have a single good tooth left in my mouth. Most are half missing, broken off at the gumline, etc. I managed to mostly remove one problem tooth on my own after one hellish night, after many failed attempts of it crumbling I finally got a good hold on it and yanked it out.
    At the moment I have two teeth that bother me night and day for the last two weeks. Constant pain no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried everything. Hot, cold water. Salt water. Cloves, you name it.
    So, where or how can I get every tooth removed? I've asked the local dentists the cost of a single tooth extraction without insurance and in total it would be almost 7 thousand dollars to remove them all. I couldn't even afford monthly payments on ONE tooth.
    I've asked the local dentist school and it's an 8 month waiting period just to be seen for an evaluation, no treatment rendered.
    I don't have any rich friends either lol.
    Help. =(
    .

    You can try emergency room in hospital. They might remove it for you. Or try maxico. Cost of healthcare in this country is insane, even for small stuff. Maxican care most likely won't be safe but it could be an option.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,398
    Unfortunately, there are many downsides to being unemployed, and this is one of them.

    I don't mean to be callous or anything, but have you tried a realistic approach - like getting a job and paying for it - instead of some scheme to get it for free?

  6. #6
    I had the same problem. I used to have perfect teeth, until about age 15. After that, they all went down hill. Breaking when eating something, drinking something or just in general falling apart.

    I don't really have an instant solution for you, other than getting drunk as can be and having a couple buddies who are sober pull some out. Had to do that myself, because at the time I was in the same financial boat.

    Right now though, I suggest applying for a healthcare loan via Carecredit(if you're in america). Once I was able to get a steady income I was able to get a loan and have the surgery done to get them removed. All in all the cost was about $3,000. I'm not sure why its so high where you are. I wish you the best of luck, because it fucking sucks being 21 with no goddamn teeth.

  7. #7
    Well if you happen to live in California and you are not a white male just go to the same place you signed up for your food stamps and try to get on a low income medical plan.

    However if you are white/male don't bother because being part of the "majority" they think you have infinite more opportunity to become wealthy than someone of another nationality or of the opposite sex.

    On the otherhand if you do something to earn some time in a minimum security prison you can get free medical/dental including dentures.
    Considering how deadly a mouth full of bad teeth can be, sacrificing a few years of freedom could very well be worth it.

    I myself am in the same boat I have roughly 7 teeth that have now completely shattered however the nerves have died so their is no pain.
    I do get constant infections and puss filled bubbles on my gums, fortunately I do have medical insurance so I am at very least able to get antibiotics when they occur.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-01-28 at 05:04 AM.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Syracuse, New York
    Posts
    82
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I have about 5 pretty large cavities and it makes it pretty hard to eat sometimes, I have no insurance and no job/significant source of income I can use to pay for any sort of repairs. If you figure anything out, please let me know.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Grakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bermidji Minnesnowta
    Posts
    159
    I'll be the one to ask it, if you knew about it since age 14, why have you waited until the absolute last moment to get it taken care of? Why did you not take the proper steps to get prevent it from getting worse, you didn't give us your age, so by the sound of it, I'll estimate you to be somewhere between 20-25. Plenty of time to get it taken care of.

    Also, sorry to be so blunt, by why in god's name would you want to remove all of your teeth? Do you know how extremely difficult it actually is to live with no teeth? A full pair of dentures would probably cost you a good $1000 after its all said and done, not to mention when they need maintenance, fake teeth break, too.

    While I do have sympathy towards you and your situation, it doesn't sound like you put any actual thought, taken the time to do some research into the matter, or taken any preventative steps to better your situation. Ripping out your own teeth is a terrible idea and I high suggest you don't do it again. I wish you the best of luck in your future battles with your teeth, and remember, there are people out there who will help you, you just need to take the time to find them!

  10. #10
    High Overlord Randypan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    Posts
    141
    First of all, i don't live in America so i don't feel i could add to a solution for you in any way,
    but i just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on this.

    Hearing about the cost of Healthcare in America sure as shit makes me appreciate the NHS we have in the U.K.
    Currently I'm unemployed myself and although i don't have many dental problems now, i know in the future I'll
    have to get some dental work myself, possibly replacing one of my forward incisors.But i know if i need any Dental
    work done i can ring up the Dentist's office and have an appointment within a week, show up with my Job-seeker
    Credentials(Unemployment Benefit Identification) and have at the very least a tooth/teeth pulled or repaired for free.

    No Questions asked

    In fact i just remembered not too long ago now i had a tooth removed after setting up an
    appointment at the Emergency Dental Clinic we have in town.
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

  11. #11
    You should call one of your local charities like the red cross or Catholic charities.

    I know around here Catholic charities has a clinic set up where they have a dentist that will pull teeth for a donation. They won't fix anything but they will pull it, and they give you pain killers.

    Check into something like that, if you go pulling your own teeth the chance of infection is high and you get infection in that maxilla or mandible your going to hate life. You think it hurts now you haven't felt pain; and if it gets worst it could move further into your skull base or cause heart failure.

    If non of that is a no go I would start calling every dentist and tell them your situation see what they can do for you; your city trustee should have funds available for something like this your going through.

  12. #12
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,122
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlyAurora View Post
    Hello fellow MMO Champ readers. I come to you tonight with a question.
    Where or how can I get EVERY tooth in my mouth pulled out? I live on a fixed monthly income and food stamps. Once bills are paid, I hardly have a penny left to buy things such as toilet paper and toothpaste. My car hasn't seen a full or even half a tank of gas in over a year. Most of the time it sits on E and I pray everytime I go to the store for food that it will make it there and back home.
    So here's the story about my teeth. My grandmother suffered from the same problems but luckily she had the means to get it fixed. Since I was around 14 yrs old my teeth have degenerated. Cavities, abcesses, popping / cracking jaw, etc. I do not have a single good tooth left in my mouth. Most are half missing, broken off at the gumline, etc. I managed to mostly remove one problem tooth on my own after one hellish night, after many failed attempts of it crumbling I finally got a good hold on it and yanked it out.
    At the moment I have two teeth that bother me night and day for the last two weeks. Constant pain no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried everything. Hot, cold water. Salt water. Cloves, you name it.
    So, where or how can I get every tooth removed? I've asked the local dentists the cost of a single tooth extraction without insurance and in total it would be almost 7 thousand dollars to remove them all. I couldn't even afford monthly payments on ONE tooth.
    I've asked the local dentist school and it's an 8 month waiting period just to be seen for an evaluation, no treatment rendered.
    I don't have any rich friends either lol.
    Help. =(
    Go to Canada or Europe where healthcare is a right, whereas here in America it's a privilege. Bet you're regretting bashing Obama's healthcare plan now...

  13. #13
    High Overlord Grakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bermidji Minnesnowta
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Go to Canada or Europe where healthcare is a right, whereas here in America it's a privilege. Bet you're regretting bashing Obama's healthcare plan now...
    Right, because only the people who can afford it get it, right?

    Wait, that's what welfare is for.

    Oops, sorry, you need to fill out a piece of paper.

    Effort.

    My bad.

  14. #14
    Epic! RaoBurning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona, US
    Posts
    1,551
    Swish some alcohol, or mouth wash even, around to keep your sockets from getting too infected, at the very least. Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to sign up for some type of assisted healthcare - AHCCCS in Arizona, for example. Baring that, you may be able to google some pro-bono dentists in your area, or find a charity group that helps people with healthcare. Whatever you do, do not ignore the problem. A dental infection can spread very quickly to your brain and cause severe pain and even death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hey Elsa, do you wanna build a strawmaaaan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
    to accept 0.999... = 1, you must accept math is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    [...]I'm all for net neutrality[...]

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlyAurora View Post
    Hello fellow MMO Champ readers. I come to you tonight with a question.
    Where or how can I get EVERY tooth in my mouth pulled out? I live on a fixed monthly income and food stamps. Once bills are paid, I hardly have a penny left to buy things such as toilet paper and toothpaste. My car hasn't seen a full or even half a tank of gas in over a year. Most of the time it sits on E and I pray everytime I go to the store for food that it will make it there and back home.
    So here's the story about my teeth. My grandmother suffered from the same problems but luckily she had the means to get it fixed. Since I was around 14 yrs old my teeth have degenerated. Cavities, abcesses, popping / cracking jaw, etc. I do not have a single good tooth left in my mouth. Most are half missing, broken off at the gumline, etc. I managed to mostly remove one problem tooth on my own after one hellish night, after many failed attempts of it crumbling I finally got a good hold on it and yanked it out.
    At the moment I have two teeth that bother me night and day for the last two weeks. Constant pain no matter what I do. Believe me, I've tried everything. Hot, cold water. Salt water. Cloves, you name it.
    So, where or how can I get every tooth removed? I've asked the local dentists the cost of a single tooth extraction without insurance and in total it would be almost 7 thousand dollars to remove them all. I couldn't even afford monthly payments on ONE tooth.
    I've asked the local dentist school and it's an 8 month waiting period just to be seen for an evaluation, no treatment rendered.
    I don't have any rich friends either lol.
    Help. =(
    If you are serious, and there is one near by, I would try a Dental School at a college or university. The students are always looking for people to practice on and the work is supervised. You might even save some teeth.
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Go to Canada or Europe where healthcare is a right, whereas here in America it's a privilege. Bet you're regretting bashing Obama's healthcare plan now...
    Unfortunately, while health care is a right in Canada, dental coverage is not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 09:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If you are serious, and there is one near by, I would try a Dental School at a college or university. The students are always looking for people to practice on and the work is supervised. You might even save some teeth.
    Read the last sentence of his post again. (Not the "Help. =(" part.)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Unfortunately, there are many downsides to being unemployed, and this is one of them.

    I don't mean to be callous or anything, but have you tried a realistic approach - like getting a job and paying for it - instead of some scheme to get it for free?
    Your post is quite unhelpful and arrogant. I would rethink that sentiment.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Unfortunately, while health care is a right in Canada, dental coverage is not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 09:03 PM ----------



    Read the last sentence of his post again. (Not the "Help. =(" part.)

    Well worth the risk when it is your only option and most anybody would jump at the chance after only a few hours of extreme tooth pain.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,398
    Right, I should instead reveal to this person a secret website where people will do thousands of dollars of dentistry work for free.

    You know what's arrogant? Thinking you have the moral high ground without actually offering anything of value yourself.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Read the last sentence of his post again. (Not the "Help. =(" part.)
    Crap, missed that part, apologies (and thanks for the heads up).
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •