Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    okay this thread pissed me off so much i had to make an account to post on it. That is probably the worst idea ever. Arena isnt hard at all. Its more skill than anything. Just went 11-1 and got hot streak on a ret pally that dinged 85 2 days ago and has 2k res. If you dont wanna do arenas theres rated bgs but you dont deserve more conquest points than random battlegroups already offer. Also putting rating requirements on every piece of gear in WotLK was the best thing theyve done with pvp gear. Keep the scrubs in bad gear, and if you want decent gear L2 play. Youre probably a huge fan of Raid finder too because normal content is too hard but you want gear like everyone else who actually can figure out how to play their character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    Be happy that you get conquest from random bgs. Random bgs are a cesspool of lazy players in bad/ungemmed/unenchanted gear, some of which are botting, most of which are bad. I don't mind if its a slow option, but it shouldn't be any where near arena as far as speed goes. I personally have much more fun playing Arena with friends for points or rating than I do in any bg - random or rated.
    Wait, wait, wait.
    You need to look at it also from the point of view of the players in random BGs who are gemmed, enchanted and have gear. They're suffering through putting up with all the bad players too, you know.

What you're basically saying is "There are bad/lazy players in BGs! So nobody doing BGs deserves faster Conquest!" Which is, of course, a terribly flawed argument. People were buying Conquest cap/rating frequently, yet they didn't get penalised.

Seeing as you have so much fun doing Arena, what difference does it make if BG'ers can gain Conquest in a similar manner/speed to people capping Conquest via Arena each week? You can continue having your fun doing Arena, BG'ers get a slightly better/faster reward. Where is the problem here?
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarasia View Post
    okay this thread pissed me off so much i had to make an account to post on it. That is probably the worst idea ever. Arena isnt hard at all. Its more skill than anything. Just went 11-1 and got hot streak on a ret pally that dinged 85 2 days ago and has 2k res. If you dont wanna do arenas theres rated bgs but you dont deserve more conquest points than random battlegroups already offer. Also putting rating requirements on every piece of gear in WotLK was the best thing theyve done with pvp gear. Keep the scrubs in bad gear, and if you want decent gear L2 play. Youre probably a huge fan of Raid finder too because normal content is too hard but you want gear like everyone else who actually can figure out how to play their character.
    I don't think you are so good when you proclaim you want to be overgeared compared to beginners. Also you seem to have only seen the game in the middle of WOTLK.

This game had a cancer from Burning Crusade concerning locked gear to high ratings only. You would join a game and enemies with 9999 ilevel higher than you were the "opponents". It was a joke. You had basically have to hope they are idle to win. There was no skill required to win that, there was monumental skill.

Leave Human vs Human without overgeared people [in all games in the world, this isn't a WoW feature], it makes good both to beginners and to veterans: Beginners don't feel bullied and the good players can prove they are skilled.

Skilled, not overgeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt matter if they get good gear, if they suck they suck. Now with blood dks being nerfed it doesnt even matter.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 07:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Consequently, I hate arena, as soon as you see a double stealth opener you know you are gone, might aswell cencede defeat from the start, battlegrounds can be turned around by a few choice players/actions, it's just so much more epic.
    Lol what....?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Anyway, what I would suggest now is a slight reduction in the amount of points arena gives for capping, e.g. instead of 180 give it 150, but certainly an increase in the amount BGs give.
    I already have to win 12-15 games each week to cap my conquest. Arena is the place where i want to cap them. Winning 15 games does not take 10 or 20 minutes in 2s or 3s. It's 1-2hours a week usually. Conquest cap from arenas should not be balanced around people who have not been able to rise their cap.