10+ Year Old Account

I need an analysis please

Quick rundown of the problem: My Laptop ran hot, the screen blacked out (especially when it was unplugged from the power), and it lagged a lot more than it used to.
    Model: Toshiba Qosmio x505-Q8100

Now to
    Okay, so I sent my Toshiba Qosmio into their repair facility 10 business days ago and it's been 10 business days. I sent them an email asking what's holding it up and they said they were waiting for a part. I asked them for which part and if they can update me with what they have done so far and they said this:
    "The VGA Board. They have already repaired the Main Board." Does the Main Board mean the Mother Board? Does this sound like it was a serious issue and does it make sense for the problems I was having?

-If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Main board does usually mean motherboard. It sounds like it was either a faulty motherboard/video card to start with or a bad job on the thermal paste which cause other problems. Each product is not hard to fix just have to have the parts to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wcktklwn View Post
    Main board does usually mean motherboard. It sounds like it was either a faulty motherboard/video card to start with or a bad job on the thermal paste which cause other problems. Each product is not hard to fix just have to have the parts to do so.
    Thank you =)
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!