Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachurick View Post
    Why do the reset/patch/Maint. at 12? would seem logical to have it around 3-5 when most every ones asleep (NOTE: Going off players playing on a server that matches their Time zone)
    Wow there sport. Because they insist Europes server go down at the same time, my downtime is already in the middle of the freakin day. Its always in the middle of the day for us!
    And im getting kinda sick of this, every damn patch has to be at a time that is very inconvenient for the European player base. Even tough we got our own servers right here!

    I dont care what they are fixing, let them for ONCE do it at a time thats actually good for us? Or better yet, seperate the damn downtime already so NO ONE has to get screwed over. This is start to look like a deal breaker for me as it shows very little concern for this, quite large, group.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012

    From the title of that post.
    Here is complete first part of that Post with the Title


    Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012 | Yesterday , 05:10 PM
    Hi everyone!

    Our upcoming maintenance for January 28th will begin from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

    There will be in-game notifications that the servers will be going down before maintenance begins.

    In addition to this, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 31st, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET). All game servers and swtor.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.


    JANUARY 28th is clearly detailed in their post. All you had to do was READ a Few Lines.

    If you ONLY read titles, you will be surprised who really fought one another in "The French and Indian War"
    Last edited by Titheon; 2012-01-28 at 09:35 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Rofl you have no idea wtf your talking about, this made my day.

    I guess in 10 years time it will be almost impossible to release a game under that analogy.
    No sir, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

    Has nothing to do with releasing something efficiently, it's refining it that takes more time, resources/equipment and support than something released in the past. Even WoW has greatly expanded in that time with the scripts of coding contained but they have more resources and in this time have refined/resolved a lot of small bugs or glitches created.

    There is no, "oh hey there is this problem, description ticket submitted" -- "oh okay I'm just going to push F5 and boom this will just refresh and fix itself."


    Last edited by Medio; 2012-01-28 at 09:35 AM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post

    JANUARY 28th is clearly detailed in their post. All you had to do was READ a Few Lines.
    What post? I still can't find it. Their forums are complete shit.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Wow there sport. Because they insist Europes server go down at the same time, my downtime is already in the middle of the freakin day. Its always in the middle of the day for us!
    And im getting kinda sick of this, every damn patch has to be at a time that is very inconvenient for the European player base. Even tough we got our own servers right here!

    I dont care what they are fixing, let them for ONCE do it at a time thats actually good for us? Or better yet, seperate the damn downtime already so NO ONE has to get screwed over. This is start to look like a deal breaker for me as it shows very little concern for this, quite large, group.
    You realize right that when they do the maintenance in your so called timeframe there's other people who can't play as it is their primetime. You can't satisfy everyone, and 4 hours at 9 am on a saturday morning isn't really primetime.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 11:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What post? I still can't find it. Their forums are complete shit.
    It is there, look better.

  6. #66
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    i dont see why euro servers are on the same schedule as american though. its different data centres after all.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Medio View Post
    No sir, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

    Has nothing to do with releasing something efficiently, it's refining it that takes more time, resources/equipment and support than something released in the past. Even WoW has greatly expanded in that time with the scripts of coding contained but they have more resources and in this time have refined/resolved a lot of small bugs or glitches created.

    There is no, "oh hey there is this problem, description ticket submitted" -- "oh okay I'm just going to push F5 and boom this will just refresh and fix itself."


    Thank You.

  8. #68
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Medio View Post
    No sir, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

    Has nothing to do with releasing something efficiently, it's refining it that takes more time, resources/equipment and support than something released in the past.

    There is no, "oh hey there is this problem, description ticket submitted" -- "oh okay I'm just going to push F5 and boom this will just refresh and fix itself."


    No, he's right. Don't you remember 2 years ago when the artificially intelligent robots took over the gaming industry and allowed for free 24 hour a day, 7 day a week post-release debugging? The market has changed, man!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What post? I still can't find it. Their forums are complete shit.
    It's the one that is titled "Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012"

    No seriously. That's the title of the thread that announces 28th downtime.

    "Hey guys, let's make the exact same title we use for ALL downtime announcements, which is 99.9% of the time a copy/paste of the last 17 announcements, and let's just change it up and make an actual announcement. Then, for giggles, we'll use the 31st as the date for the 28th and the 31st as downtime, just to throw them off. Won't that be hilarious?"

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post

    It is there, look better.
    I still can't see it. Mainly because I never go on their forums. Because, as I said, they're complete shit.

    I'd rather they use my personal info to text message me about downtimes. Seriously.

  11. #71
    Epic! Kisuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bydgoszcz, Poland
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I still can't see it. Mainly because I never go on their forums. Because, as I said, they're complete shit.

    I'd rather they use my personal info to text message me about downtimes. Seriously.
    "I don't go to places they announce patch downtime. I am then angry I don't know about patch downtime."

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    "I don't go to places they announce patch downtime. I am then angry I don't know about patch downtime."
    I never said I was angry. Usually it's announced as I'm logging in. Here, I have some foil. Make a hat.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    It's the one that is titled "Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012"

    No seriously. That's the title of the thread that announces 28th downtime.
    Exactly. Easy to Understand

    UPCOMING PATCH - That states that there is an Upcoming Patch in the forum post. Sometimes those patch dates change, but they wanted people to be aware of it.

    + - The "+" symbol. Also known as AND. It ends one statement and starts another.

    SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: JANUARY 31st, 2012 - This is a definite date of the scheduled maintenance.

  14. #74
    Use twitter and follow the official twitter and Rockjaw - they announced the downtime about 8 hours before and they announce when servers are back up within 10 mins. I have a twitter account just to follow SWTOR because i really dont want to spend any time on the forums unless i absolutely have to.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What post? I still can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'd rather they use my personal info to text message me about downtimes. Seriously.
    If you follow them on Twitter @SWTOR you would have received this tweet:

    The #SWTOR servers will be coming down early tomorrow morning (CST) for a patch deployment. More info: http://bit.ly/xF92CL
    6:14 PM - 27 Jan 12 via TweetDeck · Details

  16. #76
    To all SWTOR fanboys... enjoy the game. I am sure the more people leave it the more you will start realizing that its not about saying it in a forum post somewhere in the devs whatever threat, but notifying people ahead of time and doing it on a time that isnt peak for anyone.

    They own the freaking forums, they couldnt make a fresh post so people can see it instead of "hiding" it in some threat?
    They know the time is bad as they see Friday night is the time US will play and its also morning SATURDAY!!! for EU.

    I mean shooting yourself on the foot doesnt even cover it.

    Wanna fix stuff, do it on separate maintenance windows for US and EU, do it at times people arent playing, and give people what they want not just bug fixing . How about dual specs, accessible world FUN pvp (try to make ILUM instant travel and make it fun not a bore), and give us bigger server populations as well, or free transfers (at 50 i have nothing to do but wait for the 2-3 hours that have enough people on my server to do a flashpoint :S)

    My subs canceled. 20days left to prove they care to keep me and my money incoming.

  17. #77
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    seriously i like the game but having a thread titled for 31st isnt a good way of warning about downtime on the 28th. i mean really. thats poor. i also shouldnt need to be on twatter to know whats happening in a game.

  18. #78
    While I'm not particulary happy with their lackluster communications I'm more than willing to take a break for a few hours so that the game is better (and less buggy) afterwards.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    Exactly. Easy to Understand

    UPCOMING PATCH - That states that there is an Upcoming Patch in the forum post. Sometimes those patch dates change, but they wanted people to be aware of it.

    + - The "+" symbol. Also known as AND. It ends one statement and starts another.

    SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: JANUARY 31st, 2012 - This is a definite date of the scheduled maintenance.
    Upcoming patch AND Scheduled Maintenance: not today. Ok, got it.

    Tomorrow I'll put Burger + Cheese: $10 each! on my menu and charge you $20 if you dare to order it. Then you'll punch me.

  20. #80
    Again...

    If you follow them on Twitter @SWTOR you would have received this tweet:

    The #SWTOR servers will be coming down early tomorrow morning (CST) for a patch deployment. More info: http://bit.ly/xF92CL
    6:14 PM - 27 Jan 12 via TweetDeck · Details

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •