Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Sorry but i don't use twitter, i don't want to use twitter.

    Sorry but i don't turn on the SW:ToR webpage the first thing in the morning, check the forums for a possible patch on a random day.

    They really need to move the info on the launcher, cause the founder title and new instance are old news.

    And they sure as hell need separate maintenance times for US/EU servers.

    And i'm sorry even after the alleged abilities "fix" my riposte still messes up my rotation cause of the animations.

  2. #102
    11.40 Saturday midday and all the servers are down, 1 word comes to mind


    Fail.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldurjyoh View Post
    I was wrong, but...
    I see you deleted your original post. A wise move.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Sorry but i don't use twitter, i don't want to use twitter.

    Sorry but i don't turn on the SW:ToR webpage the first thing in the morning, check the forums for a possible patch on a random day.

    They really need to move the info on the launcher, cause the founder title and new instance are old news.

    And they sure as hell need separate maintenance times for US/EU servers.

    And i'm sorry even after the alleged abilities "fix" my riposte still messes up my rotation cause of the animations.
    The info was on the launcher, LOL.

  5. #105
    Yea, this morning when the servers were down, last night it was the same old launcher.

  6. #106
    Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    Nothing like server downtime on a saturday (EU)

    And then there's no word on what they're actually fixing.... But I guess that means if they fail at fixing it, they won't have to defend it.
    they actually DID say what they were fixing, you just wanted to QQ without doing some obvious research

    When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

  7. #107
    it's now 10.15pm saturday night (aussie), servers went down at 7pm, ok they needed to patch something, however when you launch the game atm there is nothing to d/load. Every other downtime ive experienced since this game came live they have had the patch data available within the first hour.... this time i still have nothing to d/load, will be mighty pissed if they took it down 4hrs and don't actually patch anything.

  8. #108
    High Overlord Thundermoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    they actually DID say what they were fixing, you just wanted to QQ without doing some obvious research
    They said what they fixed LAST time, not what they are fixing. Do not correct things that are not wrong.

    Can you herp de la derpy derp some more please?
    "We have decided to remove Rogues from the game, think of it as permanent stealth. Passive ability. Very iconic."

  9. #109
    Field Marshal Pangaea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Degobah
    Posts
    78
    I'm confused to why they don't split the maintenance up.... disgusting. I feel worse for those in Aussie though.

  10. #110
    The Lightbringer Primernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rust Belt
    Posts
    3,218
    These kind of "kneejerk" patches are 99% of the time, a way to stop an exploit before it gets out of control.

    Not defending it, stuff like that should have been expected and squished in beta but it's better to fix, than let fester.

  11. #111
    Dreadlord Byrogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    I'm confused to why they don't split the maintenance up.... disgusting. I feel worse for those in Aussie though.
    We're kind of used to it, nearly every game has downtime at Aussie peak time plus we've put up with it for years in WoW.
    Sell a man a fish, and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and you lose a great business opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    This guy could sell more Oxyclean than Billy Mays, and make you feel like a badass while using it.

  12. #112
    Stood in the Fire Rife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    We're kind of used to it, nearly every game has downtime at Aussie peak time plus we've put up with it for years in WoW.
    Difference is we all knew when it was most of us would plan around it. Nerdish as that is.

    Surprise maintenance during our peak time on a saturday night is not fun however. I can't bring myself to do homework now that I'll have to do tomorrow though. I'm hardwired in for saturday nights spent doing what I want. Now this sigh.

    Stream | Youtube
    Latest Video: Heroic Iron Qon

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    These kind of "kneejerk" patches are 99% of the time, a way to stop an exploit before it gets out of control.

    Not defending it, stuff like that should have been expected and squished in beta but it's better to fix, than let fester.
    Yes, because betas are clairvoyant seances.

  14. #114
    Yes Aussies may put up with it in wow but at least they make their maintenance happen at 10pm onwards for aussies, SWToR atm is 7pm, even 2 hrs forward would be awesome.

  15. #115
    Dreadlord Byrogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Difference is we all knew when it was most of us would plan around it. Nerdish as that is.

    Surprise maintenance during our peak time on a saturday night is not fun however. I can't bring myself to do homework now that I'll have to do tomorrow though. I'm hardwired in for saturday nights spent doing what I want. Now this sigh.
    I wouldn't really call this surprise maintenance, the post has been on the forums all day.
    Sell a man a fish, and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and you lose a great business opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    This guy could sell more Oxyclean than Billy Mays, and make you feel like a badass while using it.

  16. #116
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,557
    This is what happens when you buy an unfinished product even after being told that it's not finished and needs loads of work. But hey, He didn’t care. “We are going to have tons of engineers. We can finish it ourselves. We’re going to want to modify your source code for our special project anyway.”

    EA have screwed Bioware over and rushed it, just like they did with WAR. That's why there's so many silly mistakes.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  17. #117
    15 mins till servers expected to be up again, but still nothing to d/load on the swtor launcher............ if theres nothing to d/load did they do anything?

  18. #118
    Just an FYI, their post doesn't mention a damned thing being fixed tonight. They just decided that 12AM PST/8AM GMT on a Saturday was an ingenious time to do a four hour maintenance.

    See here

    Also, I'm inclined to agree with our European friends that enforcing one static server shutdown time across multiple continents is completely asinine.
    Last edited by Phraun; 2012-01-28 at 11:50 AM.

  19. #119
    Dreadlord Forgottenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Raven Hill, Duskwood
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I wouldn't really call this surprise maintenance, the post has been on the forums all day.
    I am extremely interested to know how many people check the forums regularly. I ask since at least in WoW they have gotten smart and they post things like when servers are being shutdown at the login screen. I never saw anything about that for today, when logging into SWTOR the only thing I saw was that the servers are coming down on January 31st. So my question is if they were up all day then why not put it there? Why put it in the forums under the a thread named

    "Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012"




    It seems a very misleading :| One other point, some people do have work and do not check the forums regularly (I check MMO forums a lot but not SWTOR). So there is a chance that a lot of people were unable to see the post about toninghts shutdown due to...work, school, and...oh yeah it being under a thread about the shutdown for JANUARY 31st -.-

  20. #120
    Just an FYI, their post doesn't mention a damned thing being fixed tonight. They just decided that 12AM PST/8AM GMT on a Saturday was an ingenious time to do a four hour maintenance.
    Because they just enjoy randomly pissing off their customers? It's one thing to be pissed off at unexpected maintenance, but that doesn't mean it's out of some personal vendetta against their players. I imagine they wouldn't do something like this unless it was to fix something urgent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •