Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Here's my imitation of the internet:

Bioware: Here's our new game. Enjoy.

Internet: This has so many bugs, I'm gonna cancel unless they get fixed! FUUUUUUUUUU!

Bioware: We're taking down the servers to fix bugs.

Internet: I wanted to play right now, you guys are all idiots! FUUUUUUUUUU!
    that is exactly how people behave, its insane

"FIX THIS BIOWARE......NOT NOW WHEN IM NOT ONLINE YOU DICKS!!!!!!!"

They have been terrible about communicating downtime since release, I don't know why people would expect them to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldurjyoh View Post
    To all SWTOR fanboys...
    Uh oh, he said the extremely overused "fanboys" term.

Let's run and stop playing SWTOR and go back to WoW that not a single mindless person plays.

SARCASM

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    Again...

If you follow them on Twitter @SWTOR you would have received this tweet:

The #SWTOR servers will be coming down early tomorrow morning (CST) for a patch deployment. More info: http://bit.ly/xF92CL
    6:14 PM - 27 Jan 12 via TweetDeck · Details
    At the bottom of the article it says .. Discuss this article.

Only one problem ... BW have locked their forums /facepalm

Deleted
    The game has its own launcher. I dont care for having another application to tell me if the game will run.
    If they only want to inform people via twitter then they should make it that the launcher and their forums have a twitter updates showing on them, not that WE have to go check twitter to see what will happening in the game several hours later from now.

Its like saying, the power company will put on twitter that they will have power shutdown in your town and its your job to somehow know that, and check twitter before, to know that your power is out in 6 hours.

Deleted
    I love it. All EU-players get a 'deal with it' comment everytime they loose a day for maintenance. Now it affects US-players also and look who's 'whining'.

Sorry I will just say: Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    saturday night from 4-10pm australian time, so lame.
    they also froze the forum so we can't complain there.
    post after when they unfreeze it

Deleted
    Uh oh, he said the extremely overused "fanboys" term.

Let's run and stop playing SWTOR and go back to WoW that not a single mindless person plays.

SARCASM
    Sorry dude, you dont like fanboys i understand but i am not allowed to write words that would "offend", so i stay with the pg12 fanboys word.

Soz for that.

As for WOW is concerned, i didnt mention it did I? Actually i think you did.

Anyway, the point is that whatever anyone says you will defend BW without saying anything of a valid point. Read my post again, you will see i stressed a few points people are upset about on that , but all you got from a whole post was the word "fanboys" and added yourself the word WOW to make a post reply flaming me
    gj indeed you and BW

The game has its own launcher.
    The Launcher always notifies users of Patch information and maintenance after you enter your info.

The problem is, most people click the "Play" button too quickly and miss it. But, it IS there.

If you started playing eight straight hours before the notification, that's why they have the other resources.

The Launcher always notifies users of Patch information and maintenance after you enter your info.

The problem is, most people click the "Play" button too quickly and miss it. But, it IS there.

If you started playing eight straight hours before the notification, that's why they have the other resources.

Uhhh... I logged on like 1 hour before the server suddenly said "OMG I DIE IN 15 MINUTES!". I always check too, because I know they usually announce it there.

Edit: As I said above, I'd prefer if they used my personal info and sent me a text message. I'm not going to make a twitter account. Ever.

flaming me gj indeed
    Trolled and Flamed. Success !!

Quote Originally Posted by Renawen View Post
    I guess it's now on the main community site like right when you click "Forums" or "Community," but who seriously thought this was a good idea on a FRIDAY NIGHT?
    its been that way since the start. im sure there has been post on the main forum about how bad of a maintenance schedule they have but it hasnt changed yet.

Anyone found anything to download yet? 2hrs in and nothing, the material to d/load is usually ready in the first 30 mins..... be pretty mad if they take it down on saturday night from 7pm (aussie) and then don't actually do any patching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medio View Post
    No sir, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Has nothing to do with releasing something efficiently, it's refining it that takes more time, resources/equipment and support than something released in the past. Even WoW has greatly expanded in that time with the scripts of coding contained but they have more resources and in this time have refined/resolved a lot of small bugs or glitches created.

There is no, "oh hey there is this problem, description ticket submitted" -- "oh okay I'm just going to push F5 and boom this will just refresh and fix itself."

Yeah no shit, wth are you on about I didn't mention anything like that anyway

The way you worded your first response was that coding takes alot longer now than 7 years ago, that's true but also technology as moved along, they wont be using the same shit Blizzard was using 9 years ago when WoW was in development so I dont get why people are trying to compare a ''next gen'' mmo having troubles with a games that was released over 7 years ago its a poor excuse.

Take a look at Rift, they never had anywhere near these type of problems and even release content 2+ faster than wow you dont see them making excuses, not bad for a unheard studio with a lower budget than Bioware and EA threw at TOR, people like you just wont take any criticism of the game and use the ''well wow was like this on launch'' excuse, pretty pathetic tbh.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-01-28 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You realize right that when they do the maintenance in your so called timeframe there's other people who can't play as it is their primetime. You can't satisfy everyone, and 4 hours at 9 am on a saturday morning isn't really primetime.

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 11:36 AM ----------

It is there, look better.
    No, starting a 4h downtime at 9am at a Saterday morning is no problem at all. I mean, doesnt EVERYBODY stay in bed untill atleast 1pm?
    Are you serious? Its down untill 1pm, unless it gets an extension. On a SATERDAY, how is that "my so called primetime". Its everyones primetime who doesnt have a weekend job! I dont know about you, but i get up 9, maybe 9:30, in the weekend. Thats already sleeping late for just about anyone who has a job.

And you seem to be rather forgetfull because this seems to happen alot, namely EVERY. SINGLE. DOWNTIME. They should seperate the downtimes so we can all have a maintence schedules at hours that fit much better.

It was added on launcher AFTER the servers were down, NOT before.
    Completely incorrect.

But, your attempt at a failed retaliation made me LOL IRL.

Completely incorrect.

Were you sitting there watching the launcher at the time it was posted or something? It wasn't there when I logged in at 12:30p est, about 2 or so hours before they went down. I saw the 1.1 patch preview/note message whatever.

Edit: Rift failed because it was boring as piss and it was a straight out-and-out clone. Not because they put out too much content. Get real. I commend them on their launch though, I thought that was to be expected these days but SW:TOR changed all that.

Deleted
    Completely incorrect.

i am bored with you dude you have nothing to offer here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Were you sitting there watching the launcher at the time it was posted or something? It wasn't there when I logged in at 12:30p est, about 2 or so hours before they went down. I saw the 1.1 patch preview/note message whatever.

Edit: Rift failed because it was boring as piss and it was a straight out-and-out clone.
    and swtor is less of a clone? lol. at least rift is more modern with standard mmo features of todays games and decent graphics.
    btw rift did not fail has still 1 mill subs and is pumping out quality content fast.
    while instead there havent been any official announcements about swtor subs after the start... maybe because they took a nosedive?

Nothing like server downtime on a saturday (EU)

And then there's no word on what they're actually fixing.... But I guess that means if they fail at fixing it, they won't have to defend it.