Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The only way I can see a healer "win" it, is if he marked himself as DPS/Tank, but did not have time to swap to his appropriate spec.

I've seen dps come into an encounter mid fight, but are marked as a tank... and didn't have time to swap specs when their queue popped.

I dunno - its the only reason I can see where a healer could win a DPS/Tank item.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic gun 23 View Post
    Boom, a tank or healer beat me on the role for Gurthalak, Voice of the deep on deathwing lfr
    Stopped reading there. Lying wont get you more sympathy. This thread was totally needed btw since there werent any LFR loot whine threads before where one could post in.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    None of the healing classes get a roll bonus on the 2H sword. Only tank class that gets the bonus for the 2hander are DKs because they use 2handers as their tank weapon. Prot warriors and paladins do not receive a roll bonus.
    The game doesnt recognise class. Only role. So warriors and paladins that queued as a tank will get role bonus on Gurthalak.

Gurthalak= STRENGTH, DPS, TANK

So if you are either a strength using tank or a strength using dps you will get the roll bonus.

This will hopefully be fixed in MoP (like announced by blizzard). Until then we have to deal with ~1-2 QQ Threads a day about gurthalak or souldrinker or both.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2012-01-28 at 12:33 PM.

"on deathwing lfr"

Deal with it, LFR is a shit storm. Expect to get dirty. You know this before you join.

10+ Year Old Account
    The paladin healer's offspec was prot, and I really don't enjoy that picture, it is kind of unnecessary. But thanks anyway bro, no one cares that you're just another one of those jerks.
    You are calling people jerks when you say that a Holy Paladin got a DPS weapon without the +100 over you that had +100? Get back to the Earth, dude, and stop being so butthurt about it.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Sorry to hear that happened, and while I understand your frustration, it's to be expected in LFR. For some reason, the LFR system became an instant free-for-all for players to instantly become absolute jerkoffs and be proud of it. I think most people expected this to happen, especially with the prevalence of all the "Working as intended" replies from Blizz regarding the ridiculous loot-need system. It's now common practice for almost everybody to instantly need on loot regardless if they can use it or if they already have it. They know they're not doing anything wrong, even if they tell people they're needing to disenchant it. Yup, it's happened to me a number of times - people winning tokens for gear they're actually already wearing in the raid. Why are they allowed to roll NEED on gear they already have equipped?

"Working as intended."

The best outlook to have in LFR is that it's a quick, easy way to get 500 valor points. If you're going into LFR to expect fair play, you'll leave the raid the way you feel now. Every time.
    Last edited by Scream And Fly; 2012-01-28 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Unfortunately for now the best thing to do is being in the state of mind that LFR is for valor points only. Loot is going to be quite a mess until MoP and spec-detection system.

Raiding for loot is the worst reason to raid. Try to take a better mindset. Raid to try to do more DPS than you did the previous week. Play better every week, make sure when you finish a boss you come away with an idea of what you can do better. "Next week I'll hold my CDs for x-thing" or "What can I do do do higher DPS when I have to target swap".

It sucks to never win gear. In defense of healers, I hate healing LFR on every toon I heal on. I only do it for faster queues. Every time I queue as DPS it's always a long wait for a healer. I never get to roll on stuff I want. Some times I'll go with a group and heal so our queue is faster and people will roll on DPS stuff for me and I know I'm not the only one. If there were more dedicated healers/tanks and faster queues for damage, less people would be taking stuff for the role they're not doing. That's a game design problem, though.

I won't take lieing into consideration, and i dont care. Yes people are doing it, it was written a billion times. If they can need, they will need no matter what. Since (so far) i have seen (either beeing on my Priest, either on my Lock, which they share the same token all together with Paladins).
    A Warlock getting the 384 piece to replace the 391 one cause of the bonus
    A Paladin getting a token for his third OS. (which he was kind enouph to trade it with me, as i had trade him something else) *
    A Priest getting a token for his OS.
    (And the worse) A Warlock with 397 Tier 13, getting a token, for his guildy, Retri Paladin, because they were gearing her as holy to join their 25m Raids.
    I decided to need too on ANYTHING, no matter if i want it for OS or anything at all.
    At * this helped me, i traded him something on a boss, he traded me on next boss..

Get over it. If you cannot control (and you cant) the actions of 24 people, that you will never see them again, need on anything, and w8 until you get lucky.
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    When people threaten suicide on the internet, I say go for it and rid us of you stupidity.

find a guild and run normal mode imo

pugs are just that, pugs. dont expect anything from them

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you are alliance....and Deathwing dislikes Alliance....

Deleted
    It happened to me too OP, luckily ; The tank had a soul and was from my server, after the raid he just gave it to me when he saw me saying in raid chat "I can't believe a tank won". Needless to say it's nice to see some players are not total wankers behind a pc screen, in your case OP, you got a wanker. :-(

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 01:17 PM ----------

Oh, and FYI to those people saying it can't happen because of the roll bonus ; It can. And does. A LOT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemon View Post
    Tanks get the bonus on the roll for Gurth because it's flagged as a tank weapon for DKs. They can't limit roles based on class at the moment, just based on class or role so tanks do get the bonus. All I can say is do LFR with friends who share your loot type and team up to win. That's what most people do.
    They can't do it by spec but they can do it by role so why do they allow tanks to roll on a dps weapon?

Sorry about this crappy item shit that has come about in LFR. It's really ashame too because any real raider (normal or HM) really doesn't need the LFR weapon - it really is there more for a player like you to get, someone who doesn't do the regular raiding in game. The only rational reason I can think of this happening is that Blizzard needed to create a fake wall for the LFRers. Imagine if you had gotten it on your first roll...

I know the beautiful glory of having that weapon you wanted oh so badly for the last seven weeks - imagine if you would if you had gotten 7 weeks ago...
    First off it would have been awesome - your dps would be higher, you'd be running around SW/Ogri displaying it in true pride, it would've been great. But, maybe then you wouldn't still be raiding LFR DS.. maybe you would've gotten a little more bored of it by now - and since you had that weapon you really wanted - heck who cares about those boots - last piece I need from DS, Ill just not go this week.
    But now look at what happened due to you NOT getting that weapon 7 weeks ago. THAT'S RIGHT! you've been going back now for 7 weeks + Sounds to me like you'll be going right in there for week 8 soon enough. I hope you get it this week, because I - as probably everyone on this site, has been in your shoes - and we pray that you can break out of that "it never drops" " OMFG! it just got ninja'd" cycle.

It has and always will be in Blizzards interest for people not to get gear. The content is so bad right now - (most) people seem to be saying they will not continue raiding just for the sheer awesomeness of the raids themselves... they are doing it to gear - but as soon as they can get out of running DS they will.

Blizzard loves ninjas, it keeps you playing longer.. You are after a banana sticker now man.

in after RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by salamala; 2012-01-28 at 01:41 PM.

Only way to really fix rolls on those weaps would be to make a specific 1h tank weapon and a specific 2h dk tank weap. Cos thats really what mess that up: the 1h is for both dps(dk/warr) and tanks(warr/pala) + dks use 2h for tanking. Its annoying I know, but I for one cant see any smooth solution...
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

True, but I just felt as though I deserved it, atleast over the idiots that stand there and do nothing. And I say that because I'm usually the second highest roll, meaning that If they hadn't had won it, I would have. So I kinda can say they specifically are stealing it from me.
    So tanks are idiots who stand there and do nothing? Guessing you're talking about your orc dk, name noted, should we ever meet in LFR when I'm tanking, I'll let you take some impales for me while I'm standing there and doing nothing.

e: your/you're is hard with a hangover.
    Last edited by Crazypants; 2012-01-28 at 01:42 PM.

I've still not got it on my Warrior, lost the roll to atleast 5-6 of them, I ended up just going single minded fury with the Heroic Morchok axe and the LFR version of Souldrinker (that is also classed as dps and tank, its pretty good for dps, better than 384 morchok for example). I'm in the annoying situation where I'm never around for the deathwing bosses on normal mode, so while our tank has 2x normal gurth + spine trinket for his offset, I've not even killed it on normal because I can't raid that day.

Problem with LFR is now that people get what is going down, everyone rolls on everything, even if they already have it. Because then they can try to trade it later for something they need, or give it to their friends. Some will need an item just because they don't like the other people in the raid.

What can I say, life happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hi i bring loads of friends to LFR to ninja roll on everything to distribute between each other, but when we all dont win that one item i want, i yell 'wtf blizz qq"

Yea, I stole Gurthalak as a Protection Warrior, what of it? Why should we tanks care what we roll on when we watch our Soul Drinker go to some silly dps other than Frost DK's? I feel nothing for you OP and call shenanigans on you losing to a healer who doesnt get a roll bonus on it.
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-

10+ Year Old Account
    First world problems.