Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Why bother with a patch in the weekend? zzzzzzzzzz
    Exploit Early Exploit Often.

Would you rather they let that crowd rule this game? That is the source of many of their fixes. Read some other sites and you would be shocked at the exploits people use in this game and how many go unpunished. If they need to take it down because its become to widely known then I say, do it.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    This is very frustrating. All preped up, all chores done, ready to play ... /sigh
    European players unite!

10+ Year Old Account
    My only free weekend in the forseeable future. Sigh.
    Why is it that it's always Europe that's getting screwed (and Australia of course, but they are pretty much screwed either way)?
    I guess we can wave goodbye to the "no maintenance in prime time" policy?

Deleted
    I'm seriously tired of getting fucked by Bioware, and being European only makes it worse. This is the ONLY day of the week I've had time to play... So freaking awesome.

Deleted
    Although I can play on a few other days too, I feel for you Aerevan. And although i m not gonna quit this game so easily, if they keep this bs up then it won't take long to begin to change my mind over this. People with jobs and commitments in real life can only dedicate set amounts of time for games, which other non-gamers cannot even understand why we even play games anymore. So in order to fix a chest problem you take down the servers for ours on end. I m not saying it's easy but it sounds overkill in the hands of competent programmers (assuming they are). I am really not in the mood right now, i was looking forward to playing for a few hours today which is my free day from work and god damn i will rant on about it to get it out of my system!!!

Please gods at Bioware, come to your senses and separate maintenance times for different regions like someone else does. And really? On a Saturday? It's like giving me a knife and turning your back to me. I will hesitate for a while, but you keep calling my mother names.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Bioware is proving to be worse than SOE for timing and communication. I had 7yrs of SOE...the few months following Bioware's MMO shows me they've surpassed the 'King'!

One thing you can guarentee though, despite however urgent a patch is, it will never be installed during 'Primetime USA'. Ever. Only thing about Bioware I can truly have faith in.
    No one can ever be worse than SoE.

What they said: Hi we're going to fix A, B, C.

What happened: A was fixed, B wasn't, C swapped one problem for another and new issues D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P have now been implemented.

Bioware still has to completely and fundamentally redesign the game I bought twice before they sink to that level.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds of the WoW forums during vanilla. So funny. It is BioWare's first experience with an MMO, and furthermore if you get upset over maintenance which is there to either fix bugs or exploits or keep the game servers stable (there was severe lag on EU servers on thursday so I guess this might address that) then you probably shouldn't be playing MMOs. It's amazing how people complain night and day about bugs, and demand them to be fixed immediately, and then when BioWare just does that they cry as well. Have a little bit of understanding, the world does not revolve around you.

Deleted
    I live in the EU so I understand the frustration as I feel it too. However no matter what time it is being taken down, it is going to be prime time somewhere.

At least they are trying to do it when the least amount of people are affected, unlike other MMO's I have played.

Yes this one was during a Saturday sure...better to have it down for a few hours than have the problems persist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    No one can ever be worse than SoE.

What they said: Hi we're going to fix A, B, C.

What happened: A was fixed, B wasn't, C swapped one problem for another and new issues D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P have now been implemented.

Bioware still has to completely and fundamentally redesign the game I bought twice before they sink to that level.
    Bioware are also actually fixing stuff at a quick turnaround.

"We're working on ability delay fixes and we'll deploy them as soon as possible"

3 days later:

"We're deploying the first of 3 emergency patches to help fix high priority bugs and ability delay".

If they keep that up it's all that matters. They just need to keep to their word.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    I live in the EU so I understand the frustration as I feel it too. However no matter what time it is being taken down, it is going to be prime time somewhere.

At least they are trying to do it when the least amount of people are affected, unlike other MMO's I have played.

Yes this one was during a Saturday sure...better to have it down for a few hours than have the problems persist.
    Or maybe they could of done it on a... I don't know... Monday?
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate then. Screw EU players one time, screw American players next time. But no, it's always the EU that gets shafted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowesdower View Post
    We can all look forward to not playing this game. Which sucks for those of us with demanding jobs.
    >demanding job

>posting on a gameforum on the job

pick one. -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Or maybe they could of done it on a... I don't know... Monday?
    And leaving the problem in the game over the weekend achieves what?

Instead of people making posts about maintainence, people will be making posts called Bioware lazy and not being on the ball enough to fix stuff quickly.

Deleted
    Let's all petition for free game time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This reminds of the WoW forums during vanilla. So funny. It is BioWare's first experience with an MMO, and furthermore if you get upset over maintenance which is there to either fix bugs or exploits or keep the game servers stable (there was severe lag on EU servers on thursday so I guess this might address that) then you probably shouldn't be playing MMOs. It's amazing how people complain night and day about bugs, and demand them to be fixed immediately, and then when BioWare just does that they cry as well. Have a little bit of understanding, the world does not revolve around you.
    Again a response that's not the point. The point is not the implementation of patches, but the timing of them. Why choose convenient times for the US, but not for the European player base? Is it that hard to split them up?

Again, WoW had exactly the same problem, but at least changed it. We can all point out to how bad WoW performed in it's first years, but that's completely besides the point. It's like comparing Formula 1 of today with the Formula 1 Racing of 20 years ago; should we seriously judge entrants on those past conditions? I don't think so. In every market, entrants have to suck up the raised market entry bars or they'll die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty simple. This patch was so important that it had to be delpoyed immediately and therefor cut significantly into EU and AUS players' gaming time. But not so important that it would impede on US playing time. Heaven forbid.

Also not important enough for them to actually tell us what the hell they're (attempting) to fix.

It's no secret that given this scenario of secrecy, the masses will go into complain/rabble/conspiracy theory overdrive. Whereas a simple explination of what they're doing and why it is so important would quell all this hubbub.

I have the feeling this is more then just a patch, maybe something is wrong with the servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Alternate then. Screw EU players one time, screw American players next time. But no, it's always the EU that gets shafted.
    My guess is its based on it being midnight in Austin, TX where the game was developed. They seem to have a night crew that does it rather than doing it in the daytime when all their employees are in house.

This is sooo retarded, BW are worse than rift and aion people.....

And leaving the problem in the game over the weekend achieves what?

Instead of people making posts about maintainence, people will be making posts called Bioware lazy and not being on the ball enough to fix stuff quickly.
    What problem exactly? I haven't heard of this gamebreaking bug that needs to be fixed immediately.
    Playing since 2007.