Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Alternate then. Screw EU players one time, screw American players next time. But no, it's always the EU that gets shafted.
    Or bloody hell run maintenance during the week, like on monday, wednesday, or whatever. The weekend has to be the worst possible time to run it, especially if you end up extending the maintenance because at one side you screw people's evening playtime and for others you screw their morning/afternoon. For me, the maintenance started in the morning and it's now well into the afternoon.

I don't really care if it is their first MMO or not. This isn't rocket science.

Deleted
    1. They might be deploying a fix for exploits
    2. They might be fixing servers to avoid lags in the future.
    In both cases, BW usually doesn't warn about these things beforehand, especially in the situation with exploits.
    Expect fix notes after servers are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Let's all petition for free game time
    Now that is one area where they are failing. Blizzard at least used to compensate for long outages.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Ha! I even told my gf "woulndt surprise me if it got extented again". And tadaa!

If they do not seperate the maintenance times or at the very least alternate to spread the burden, im done. If they show a complete lack of interest in their paying european customers then maybe its time i started showing a complete lack of interest in their product.

Its not about the money, its about the principle of the matter. Screw over Europeans, heavens forbid we inconvenience our US players. Yah, see where that attitude will get you. Game issues i can handle, but this is a management issue. A big fat flaw in their corporate policy, something they should have gotten right from the very beginning.

Maintenance on Saturday, just to fix one f***ing bug. Already 5 hours and still no ETA.

Deleted
    Well, i dont understand this timers "...The servers are currently unavailable while we deploy a patch. We expect the servers to be available again at 6AM CST (4AM PST/ 7AM EST/ 12PM GMT/ 1PM CET)..."

So, when gonna be the servers go up in Spain ??

On the german forums, there is a post with the patchnotes:

Patch Notes für heute (Samstag, der 28..Januar):

Allgemein

Es wurden Verbesserungen durchgeführt, welche die Anzahl der Verbindungprobleme, welche zur Rückkehr auf die Charakterauswahl führen, reduzieren.

This maintenance should reduce !! the counts of disconnects kicking you back to your character selection screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamander View Post
    Maintenance on Saturday, just to fix one f***ing bug. Already 5 hours and still no ETA.
    It's been extended for 45 minutes without an ETA. Not 5 hours.

Do you understand the complexity of the issue they're resolving? No? Then don't comment on how long it takes to fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Well, i dont understand this timers "...The servers are currently unavailable while we deploy a patch. We expect the servers to be available again at 6AM CST (4AM PST/ 7AM EST/ 12PM GMT/ 1PM CET)..."

So, when gonna be the servers go up in Spain ??
    Spain is GMT+1 so you server should have been up at 13:00

lulz so the other thread was closed by an american mod with the snide remark "sorry that bioware is improving their game when it isn't convenient for you"
    hilarious. i guess that goes for us too then. Sorry europeans and australian gamers youre just sol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfang View Post
    I hope it is something very important otherwise players will rape BW.
    Also, no notes on a fix.
    1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

wel... no people are disconnecting from char selection screen right now, guess they can call that a fix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by De-nied View Post
    lulz so the other thread was closed by an american mod with the snide remark "sorry that bioware is improving their game when it isn't convenient for you"
    hilarious. i guess that goes for us too then. Sorry europeans and australian gamers youre just sol
    The mod's nationality has nothing to do with it, he's perfectly correct.

And for the record, i'm English.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Bioware is doing this at a time that could be considered inconvenient for some folks. It happens. Any maintenance period is going to be inconvenient for some people. Yes they need different maintenance periods for each region, but they are getting the game in an improved functional state right now. This isn't them adding in new raids and stuff. They are fixing bugs and getting the game working perfectly. Chances are it is far easier for them to issue these sort of updates to every server at the same time, rather than US on Tuesday, EU on Wednesday, etc. which leads to just as many people bitching about how it is unfair that the US gets stuff earlier as bitch about the EU downtime being slightly more inconvenient then it is for the US. Today is my day off. I was planning on playing this morning because I will be out later today. I'm not here whining about it because I realize, this might be shocking, that the game isn't going anywhere. If I don't get to play RIGHT NOW the world isn't going to end. I would rather have them improve the game and fix the small bugs like Ilum than just say "fuck it, we can't fix anything ever because someone somewhere will be pissed" and leave the game to die in an unsupported state.

The servers are down. They announced it, but not soon enough for some of you (although I would love to know what soon enough is as people still don't understand WoW maintenance and that has happened at the same time for years). Their communication issues have always sucked (hello not announcing their own pre-orders and leaving Kotaku to do that). Any maintenance period is going to be annoying for some people. Right now they are annoying for a large chunk of EU players thanks to there being no divided maintenance periods for whatever good reason I am sure they have. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why do you all feel it necessary to start threads and complain about these unpreventable issues when this has happened several times since launch while they are doing emergency patches? If the previous dozen emergency patches at EU "peak" times didn't make you quit, stop acting like this one is going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    What problem exactly? I haven't heard of this gamebreaking bug that needs to be fixed immediately.
    Well there are a couple that I would fully support maintenance on the weekend for.

1) The PvP queue bug where it keep kicking you back to character select.
    2) The Daily/Weekly quest buy where kills/wins aren't counting towards the quest. E.g. The poor guy in our eternity vault run today whose weekly quest didn't update on the boss kill.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    I would be careful mate, the person u quoted literally worships SWToR....
    you must admit his comment for closing is a little inflamatory in itself once you read the context of the conversation, i'll happily trade a few maintenance times from aussie prime time to US primetime and see how convenient they find it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De-nied View Post
    A) Not a snide remark. I am honestly sorry it is happening at an inconvenient time. Yes it is incredibly stupid that they don't have independent times, but you have to realize that any time they do maintenance is going to anger hundreds of thousands of players.
    B) Yes EU and Aussie players, along with early AM US players, are presently SOL. For a couple hours, not for the rest of time. Everyone always acts like the world is ending in these situations and gets so incredibly pissed when they can't have their precious for a couple hours.

I never talked bad about SWToR and I usually defended the game but these maintenance hours just suck for the EU players. If it's a EU server I expect it to be running based on the EU hours and not the US. For the player it's easy to say "why u mad if they do maintenance? they are fixing the game". Just for once I would like them to do things like that during US prime time to see how you like it. I'm not interested in their lame excuses as to why it must be this way.

Guess who has no where else to go....

I suspect if BioWare doesn't open the official forums tomorrow there is going to be hell to pay, ha ha ha! I always liked talking on the forums when the realms were down on WoW but to lock the community out is pretty bold.
    Last edited by Rowesdower; 2012-01-28 at 01:02 PM.

They really need to communicate with the players as people in the EU have been asking about maintence being shared with the US since release and there hasn't been one response to this issue as far as i'm aware. I have to say coming from WoW i was shocked that we shared it with the US.

It's usually 8am-4pm on a Tuesday for the EU which a lot of people are unhappy about but to do 8am to 4pm on a Saturday is a unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeychiv View Post
    My issue is not the patches its the timing of the patches. Ive no problem at all with them fixing bugs but to do it on a Sat am into PM EU is unacceptable im afraid. Even in the most dire need and to fix an expoit i would expect some post from dev explaining to me what the problem was and why this is so urgent.
    Simply posting "patching this Sat deal with it no ETA on uptime" is only going to enrage people and is poor customer service.

Timing and communication is the key and Bioware have to work on theres.
    Well you could always start your own software development company in Europe, build a better MMO and then you'll never have to worry about what a North American company is doing wrong to you.

Be glad that they even offer servers to play on in Europe. Be glad that they are actually trying to fix things that are broken so you won't have to piss and whine about broken stuff and your 15 euros a month being wasted. Every major piece of software with the size and scope of this from a company who's doing it for the first time has growing pains. You'll live, I promise.