Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Plenty of people notice it, including myself. I've been kicked out of warzones back to the loading screen on several occasions. Just because you don't experience it, doesn't make it insignificant, it just makes you lucky.
    Oh so you can post a link to your source stating that this very bug is being fixed? That would be super.

If you can't then I'll just write you off as gamer number 323402123 who refuses to acknowledge anything that remotely detracts from the Godlike pedestal you hold SWTOR on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Oh so you can post a link to your source stating that this very bug is being fixed? That would be super.

If you can't then I'll just write you off as gamer number 323402123 who refuses to acknowledge anything that remotely detracts from the Godlike pedestal you hold SWTOR on.
    Did you not read the English AND German translations of the fix that is currently going on that have been posted IN THIS VERY THREAD.

I'll just write you off as whiner number 34032940 who refuses to acknowledge the nature of a maintenence that fixes a bug because it interferes with your need to complain about anything and everything.

No need for that nonsense even if you disagree with them.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-28 at 01:46 PM.

Load the launcher, the patch notes are up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you batshit retarded
    lol
    He made his account earlier so he can post videos of himself healing. Pretty sure he isn't reading anything in the threads.

I feel for you EU guys...I know how it is because I'm a bartender, my play-time is normally from 4am-10am (which is maintenance). As to why they don't divide it.. it could have something to do with finance issues. I'm no insider but I -suspect- this game was released so early and in the form it was due to budget problems, but that's just a guess. Taking down multiple servers at different times would require different teams ie: more staff, or over-time. Just a guess.

If it's not due to budget issues then there is really no explanation why they screw you guys over across the pond so much on down-times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    lol
    /10char
    It's my phrase of the month :<

15+ Year Old Account
    It's my phrase of the month :<
    It's a pretty good one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Are you trying to say that the poo a bat does, is retarded?

That's not very nice...
    It's pretty retarded. It's even white. They're doing it totally wrong.

Deleted
    At least they're sharing aspects with BioWare then.

Better than red poo.

And that is a good enough reason to do it in our primetime?

Sure it bothers some people. Personally and from my immediate contacts (friends, gf, guild) it seems to be a somewhat rare occurance. Ow and notice the word "reduce", they are not fixing it. Only reducing the amount it happens. And for that the Europoean players have to sit twiddling their thumbs in primetime and take the bullet.

Yah, we take a bullet for the US players. This issue concern them just as much, yet good ol' Europe will take the pain while we fix it. So when you americans wake up tommorrow you can play with your issues resolved.

Gee, i wonder why the european community is so angry? This has only happend 6x before, and the game has been out for litterally a month! Not to mention every week during regular maintenance. hmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerevan View Post
    At least they're sharing aspects with BioWare then.
    Points for effort, but no, they're doing it fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you can post a link. Thanks.

I'm still doubtful of an emergency patch to correct an issue that's been happening for weeks and could have been fixed last week or next Tuesday. I might be conspicary theorist 32242342 though lol.
    It's in the same place every single patch note has been.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Deleted

Uncertainty brings more pleasure.

{Conspiracy}
    Maybe this is why they extend maintenance with no apparent reason.
    Maybe this is why they did their Early Game Access program, allowing only a small amount of players first and everyone else was utterly uncertain when they would be able to play.
    {Conspiracy off}

Look, if you're going to unsubscribe because they're deploying an emergency patch, then please do so and save us the whine threads.
    This.

As much as I'd like as many subs for swtor to get them money for development ect...

We don't need people who QQ about this. They are fixing shit asap instead of waiting for tuesday. That's a good thing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    The definition of "some people" seems to be all the European players. And with "it happens", you mean "like clockwork every week, plus some extra maintenance also just about every week". Then you are spot on. We're pissed because its always us to take the bullet. If they insist on doing this at the same time in europe and the us, how about they do it during us prime-time for a change?

Yes it must be awefull getting to lose an hour or so once in a while... No but seriously, if this happend once in a while most wouldnt care. But besides the standerd every week mid-day maintence for Eu. We also get every single extra maintenace down our throat. Its about problems with the management, not related to game issues at all.
    This is a new game. Unannounced maintenance happens often with new games. Back when WoW launched, I know that many forget those times, but there were constant server crashes, just from doing world PvP, and then maintenance that was scheduled for 8 hours, then getting extended for another 12 hours, which affected everyone.

Everytime this game goes down for any unusual period of time, threads like this pop up and people are too quick to want to burn Bioware at the stake. I agree that EU should have a different maintenance period, and I expect that once the game is out of fixing its major bugs and more concentrated on new content, it will have its own times. Just don't then complain about US or EU getting patches sooner because you asked for separate times. Be careful what you ask for, it just might come true.

As for the extra maintenance periods. Yes, there may be one extra one once a week for a couple hours, but it is not occurring as often as many are making it sound. Outside of the Ilum issue last week, there hasn't been any extra off time. This game is up and running smoothly, and Bioware has been extremely good in keeping their maintenance times down to a minimum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Still it isnt as inconvenient as wiping your prime-time off the floor.
    They could have waited till monday.
    Don't even begin to talk about inconvenient to lose a day when people have lost entire characters thanks to bugs from getting stuck with no way to escape or having their characters randomly deleted. There are bigger issues than losing a couple hours in near prime time on the weekend. They also might not have been able to wait until Monday. We don't know what they are doing (which is stupid). Announcing it via Twitter ~9 hours prior to the maintenance is probably not good enough for most people I'm sure, but there really isn't a better solution that putting it on the launcher, forums and twitter. If it is something as small and pointless as fixing a tiny bug, then ya it would be worth getting mad about them knocking out a few hours of prime time play, but seeing as they are doing this emergency fix now, chances are it isn't something small and insignificant they are fixing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post

Uncertainty brings more pleasure.

{Conspiracy}
    Maybe this is why they extend maintenance with no apparent reason.
    Maybe this is why they did their Early Game Access program, allowing only a small amount of players first and everyone else was utterly uncertain when they would be able to play.
    {Conspiracy off}
    That guy reminds me of David Icke for some reason. If you've never watched him while high-as-a-kite, you're in for a real treat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    It's in the same place every single patch note has been.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

That's a really long list of fix, I'll spend all the day to able to read it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snixy View Post
    That's a really long list of fix, I'll spend all the day to able to read it
    Because the amount of words dictates the severity of what's being worked on.