Combat seems a lot more fluid...

Is it just me or the combat a lot more responsive now since the maintenance?

Deleted
    Only played 2 pvp matches but I didn't noticed anything huge, the patch before had more improvement imo.

Deleted
    Noticed a slight improvement in using Deadly Saber (off gcd skill), but I wrote that off to placebo.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't change anything about the combat during this maintenance, OP, unless it was a stealth change.
    The only thing stated in the patch notes that they did was:
    "Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen."

The change you're most likely experiencing was in patch 1.1.0b, which was implemented on the 24th:
    "Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations"
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes were announced this maintanence. Doesn't necessarily mean nothing happened, but I doubt it.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    The changes helped me, i dont got ability delay anymore. think its the one who got released early this week.

I haven't noticed anything different. Combat feels the same to me.

Nop, if anything it got worse for me. Force shroud now won't go off 2/3 of the time, up from 1/10 or so, same for my 'trinkets'.

ALSO under high FPS circumstances (50-60), btw.

And they DID say they changed some issues that caused ability delay in the notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Abilitys seem to respond beter, but i noticed that my companion passive function doesnt work with 1 click .. i have to click it few time to get m to follow.

But overall characters respons great .. thats the beauty about this game and can make it big ... good responding and fluid controls.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.