Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Leona with Gp10 quints.

Hello! I've recently picked up leona as my main and i love her. But when i check out this guide (toprated leona guide on mobafire) http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...01449#chapter3 it tells me that leona should have flat health quints which costs like 2k ip each.

I can't really be arsed to farm 6k ip just for the quints and i wonder if you can replace them with gold per 10 (well of course you can but i wonder if it is viable)? I mostly build her for Tank/support with focus on CDR. My hp is about 3200 late game.

My current runes are: Hp/Level reds, flat armor yellows, MR/level blues and flat AP quints (I don't have any better). Will Gold per10 work?

Deleted
    Well the point of flat HP quints is that they help a lot early game. 3 quints will add you 78hp at the start, and will make you a lot more durable. Because your point as a tank is to survive long enough for your dps to finish off the enemy team. Which is a lot harder with gold/10 quints, which will only help you on a long term. It is true that gold/10 quints will give you somewhere between 500 and 900g per game, but that wont help much if you are losing. Early adwantage in most cases means win, unless you fail hard in teamfights. I suggest you to buy flat hp quints, i always use at least one on every champion i play. It also makes you look more scary, and early ganks less hurt if they succeed.

im not sure how important these quints are since i've never played leona. but, during holidays there are cheap quints(600ip i believe) wich you could wait for if you can manage playing without them. furthermore i think the only champ that actually really needs her own rune page is akali(!?) so u should be able to work with gp10 quints, just outplay your opponents

Deleted
    Flat health quints have more uses than gp/10 quints. But if you already have gp/10 quints and dont wanna burn 6k ip it should be fine. Your giving up a little survivability early game for better lategame.

Personally i go for Flat hp quints on all my supports, because theres nothing funnier than a sona level one have nearly 700 hp :> and just to be more trolly buying a dorans shield on top for 800

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Flat health quints have more uses than gp/10 quints. But if you already have gp/10 quints and dont wanna burn 6k ip it should be fine. Your giving up a little survivability early game for better lategame.

Personally i go for Flat hp quints on all my supports, because theres nothing funnier than a sona level one have nearly 700 hp :> and just to be more trolly buying a dorans shield on top for 800
    Wouldn't the resilience quints be more viable than the pure hp stats?

Deleted
    probalbly but they got 2k ip each aswel, and basically for the same reason as the op. I dont want to spend 6k for them. I have health quints for a couple of other builds for tank champs i use when jungling.

Deleted
    What you've got to remember is that Leona doesn't really shine anywhere, she's not a mid or solo top and he jungle isn't good. So she's often played as support in bottom lane with the AD carry. Because you're supporting and you're not killing creeps then gold per 10 really does add up, and gold per 10 quints let you get your other gold per 10 items quicker. As support Leona, you might do some harassment but your main job would be to stun anybody who tries to go for your carry, so health isn't a major issue for me.

Really it comes down to a judgement call, if you find yourself being burst down pretty quickly early game then you may benefit from HP quints. They're not not considered that useful any more since their nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    gold/5 runes are certainly viable on leona, but I much prefer the Health quints.

The purpose of runes is to beef up your early game, and starting with 78 more health really helps. Plus, you are a tank with no sustain outside of your regrowth pendant, so the health helps a lot.

Deleted
    You should only skill in the right tree and dont use quints, you can have much better quints instead of them!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    try playing with just one quint, you should be able to farm up 2k, or use tier 1 quints 14.5 hp or something is 42 hp.

It doesn´t matter alot if you´re not gonna play at a medium high elo where evrything matters.

Movement Quints on all the way on Leona. go 0/2x/5 take movement mastery and gold on assists and your good to go.