Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Definitely yay. I am about 20 hours into the first one, and have enjoyed it thoroughly. There is a ton of side quests, and the story is quite well written. Also it seems to be a long game, definitely worth 10 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Can anybody link me The Witcher on Steam? I can't see it on sale on my storepage.
    It's just called "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut"

Its set price is 10 bucks, as it has been for quite a while.

Edit: Here it is.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/20..._7_suggest__13
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2012-01-28 at 09:36 PM.

I could not get myself to finish it. And that's not because it was bad, it's more the fact that it was to good :P

I really love everything collectable in any game, and when I've had wasted about 50+ hours on it and then finding out I've missed a side quest in the first chapter.
    That was what got me to stop.

So if your a maniac like me when it comes to 100% completion, be sure to check up if you've missed anything since there i no backtracking :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    I could not get myself to finish it. And that's not because it was bad, it's more the fact that it was to good :P

I really love everything collectable in any game, and when I've had wasted about 50+ hours on it and then finding out I've missed a side quest in the first chapter.
    That was what got me to stop.

So if your a maniac like me when it comes to 100% completion, be sure to check up if you've missed anything since there i no backtracking :/
    Deffinetly the kind of gamer I am. I hate leaving anything undone. Took me forever to finish Skyrim that way, and I'm still not sure I've found everything.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Deffinetly the kind of gamer I am. I hate leaving anything undone. Took me forever to finish Skyrim that way, and I'm still not sure I've found everything.
    Be sure to sleep around as much as possible then, in The Witcher. There are sex cards to be collected!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Be sure to sleep around as much as possible then, in The Witcher. There are sex cards to be collected!
    Geralt is definitely the biggest player I've ever seen in a videogame. Like for example, the lost boy quest:

Geralt: Hi, have you seen a lost boy? Some locals think that you may have turned him into a dryad.
    Dryad: Idunno lets fuck.

+1 sex card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes as long as you

especially the sex cards.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Played witcher 2 and its a great game but it is ruined by it's stupid difficulty. Normal mode is hard mode. And the tutorial isnt a tutorial, its "you die 10 times here, haha".

If OP returns to this thread:the whole introduction of the Witcher 1 is really slow dont let it fool you, game will get better as soon as you finish the training.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    If OP returns to this thread:the whole introduction of the Witcher 1 is really slow dont let it fool you, game will get better as soon as you finish the training.
    Thanks for the heads up. Someone else on the Steam forums was mentioning this. I've only gotten to play it for about an hour, so far so good. Combat is a little hokey but the intro movie was really cool. Really excited to put some more time into it.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    It's just called "The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut"

Its set price is 10 bucks, as it has been for quite a while.

Edit: Here it is.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/20..._7_suggest__13
    Says 16 Euros for me, Europe gets buttraped again, I hate steam

Edit: For the Europeans who doesn't want to get ripped off GamersGate sells it for 5 Euro, even better deal.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WITCHER...-directors-cut
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-29 at 12:09 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The only negative aspects for me were some of the gripes I had with the camera/control system which was really horrible until you got used to it, and even then, I think they should've gone with a smarter approach.
    Secondly, while the story WAS exceptional, there's no sense in making a game where you don't get told the story/background before you start, nor do you get any bloody information about the main character's amnesia (which turns out to be selective amnesia because he remembers when he has to, the most insignificant things, but forget the big things and the most natural ones).

It's good, and it's definately worth playing, but it's not going to be that gaming experience that you'll always treasure above anything. It's a great/good experience though and worth trying if you're an RPG fan.