Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Swtor worth buying?

Im thinking of buying this game, but what do you people think who already play it, is it worth the retail price / subscription?

Its all opinion, but mine is it definitely is worth it. I think its a GREAT game. Sure, it has its problems and bugs, but its only been out a month and Bioware has been pushing out patches every single week to try to get everything fixed.

Its one of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and I can play it as an MMO with my friends. Win-win.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Your going to get wildly different opinions on that here. Personally my guild and I moved to this game and are very much enjoying it. We just recently started end game and are having a blast. The leveling experience is great, the instances (flashpoints) are a lot of fun as well. It is old school in that there is no LFG tool no dual spec or mods atm however for me I find it very much worth my money and sub fee.

There is a lot of group play if your into that with 2+ and 4+ heroics and Rail shooter style space mini game that is getting expanded a lot in the next xpac. I wont say it doesnt have its flaws, but they are working very fast to correct them and have already released there first content patch after the first month with another on its way in march. All in all its worth it just for the questing and story alone but me I have enjoyed the whole package as well.

Deleted
    I would say yes. But it depends on what you are looking for in a MMO.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you could always search the forum to find one of the other topics with this exact same topic. there's about 5 of them posted a day.

Opinion is opinion, but atm I would say no. There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed, some of which the devs say are on the way, but I've heard that song before :P. Might want to tell us what you like to do in an MMO, endgame raiding, pvp, or just lvling alts, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

NO it is not worth it ATM.....ATM.....it might get better, but right now no
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    Worth the money in my opinion. I am not sure if it is worth the time though. The leveling experience will pleasantly surprise you.

Deleted
    It's definately worth paying for to try out and see if it's for you. You get a free month with the game anyway.

No one here can tell you whether you'll like it because everyone's tastes are different. I personally think it's a great game. Sure it has bugs, but Bioware is rlling out fixes extremely rapidly for most of them. The only problem i have with the game is not having enough time to play it as much as i'd like.

Give it a go and find out if it suits you

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Opinion is opinion, but atm I would say no. There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed, some of which the devs say are on the way, but I've heard that song before :P. Might want to tell us what you like to do in an MMO, endgame raiding, pvp, or just lvling alts, etc
    If thats your definition of not worth it, then Blizzard has had seven years to get WoW worth it and it still isn't.

Deleted
    If you are happy to spend the money and play for a month then yes its worth it, if your expecting months and months of gameplay then id suggest waiting, the game is pretty dull at level 50 IMO, not to mention its full of bugs.

Deleted
    Definitely worth it, even if you'll quit after reaching end game. Singleplayer is good.

its worth the retail price but not the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    its worth the retail price but not the subscription.
    This is pretty much where my opinion lies at the moment as well. The story is great, the bugs and lack of an endgame are not.

Give it a few more months of polish, and i'm sure it will be much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great. Worth the box and the sub. Plenty of endgame content for you to explore (theirs a thread about the new bosses added this patch alone) and the questing is awesome to. Another raid and dungeon expected to be released in about a month or so. LOTS OF ENDGAME, contrary to what people say here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...deos-and-Strat

The new raid bosses they added this patch. Enjoy.

Here's my experience.

Not having a game to play was getting boring and GW2 is still months away. SO! I bought SWTOR.

1) Disc 2 failed, swtor63.rar wouldnt extract, apparently a known issue but the shop is too far to bring it back for an exchange and I had to work the next day.

2) Took 2.5hours (I hate DVDs) to copy all 3 discs(excluding swtor63.rar) to my HDD, manually extracted it.

3) Downloaded the game client file SWTOR.exe, ran it, once the Launcher is installed, I ran that.

4) Took another 5hrs? to download the missing files at 200kb/sec (way to go Bioware, awesome speeds)

5) Once done, I then had to repair, which took another 14hrs(I just gave up and left it running while I went to sleep then work).

6) When it was all said and done, I already spent close to 2 days trying to just install the game.

7) And then I got hit with the Black screen. Apparently also another known issue. No problem, Google says to update my drivers.

8) Downloaded 11.9 AMD drivers, no dice. 12.1, no dice. Finally installed 12.2 preview drivers and it works.

9) Animations all don't work for some reason, no problem, a simple restart fixed it.

After it's all said and done, I cancelled my sub. Once my free mth is over, that's it.

I rather die of boredom than play this piece of turd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Snip
    I installed it no problem, first try, nothing wrong.
    Just cuz there's something going on with your install does not make it a bad game.
    And could have been resolved, the fact that you're too lazy to go to the store to get new discs is not BioWare's fault.

Here's my experience.

Not having a game to play was getting boring and GW2 is still months away. SO! I bought SWTOR.

1) Disc 2 failed, swtor63.rar wouldnt extract, apparently a known issue but the shop is too far to bring it back for an exchange and I had to work the next day.

2) Took 2.5hours (I hate DVDs) to copy all 3 discs(excluding swtor63.rar) to my HDD, manually extracted it.

3) Downloaded the game client file SWTOR.exe, ran it, once the Launcher is installed, I ran that.

4) Took another 5hrs? to download the missing files at 200kb/sec (way to go Bioware, awesome speeds)

5) Once done, I then had to repair, which took another 14hrs(I just gave up and left it running while I went to sleep then work).

6) When it was all said and done, I already spent close to 2 days trying to just install the game.

7) And then I got hit with the Black screen. Apparently also another known issue. No problem, Google says to update my drivers.

8) Downloaded 11.9 AMD drivers, no dice. 12.1, no dice. Finally installed 12.2 preview drivers and it works.

9) Animations all don't work for some reason, no problem, a simple restart fixed it.

After it's all said and done, I cancelled my sub. Once my free mth is over, that's it.

I downloaded it from them directly and it took me about three hours total. What did you expect? Them to send a tech to your house to fix your computer and install the game for you? Blaming Bioware for your computer/connection issues is pretty fail.

Deleted
    Here's my experience.

And none of those are a reflection of the game itself, you just had a faulty copy of the game in the first place, out of date drivers, and impatience.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It's great. Worth the box and the sub. Plenty of endgame content for you to explore (theirs a thread about the new bosses added this patch alone) and the questing is awesome to. Another raid and dungeon expected to be released in about a month or so. LOTS OF PVE ENDGAME, contrary to what people say here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...deos-and-Strat

The new raid bosses they added this patch. Enjoy.
    Fixed that for you.