4 piece tier (dps) and ?

was curious on which 4 pieces of tier you guys think would be best to use. assuming no hardmode loot is includded.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thbum/advanced

is my armory and i used all but shoulders using the 403 ones off spine, tho they dont have haste on them was wondering if it would be better to use tier shoulders and the valor gloves. both tier shoulders and valor gloves have haste. using 403 shoulders give me an extra 41 str.

also was curious to what addon i should use to record logs of fights so i can post to ask for help with my dps, i consider my self very lucky getting loot on this toon with it not being in a guild raid, just pugging but i feel my dps is very bad.

last night on madness i was averaging 41k dps where the other drost dk was doing high 40s to low 50s in very similar gear. think i might be spamming howling blast and frost strike too much.

as always thanks for your time and have a good day!

WorldofLogs.com is very easy to use. You set up an account from the home page, and create (join) a guild. That's the easy process. Then, click "Client" at the top bar while you're logged in and it should open up an application. After that, you just type "/combatlog" in game (it stops logging after every time you log out/exit the game). Once you've done the fights while combatlogging is active in game, you go to the WoL application and click "open a file" and navigate to your wow folder > logs > combatlog.txt and upload it from there. If it prompts you to delete the file after you upload it I recommend you do so so just for neatness' sake. That's a really abbreviated way to do it, if you want a more in depth tutorial you can PM me and I'll go into more detail for you.

The 403 shoulders are your best offpiece as frost in normal modes pretty much because of the extra strength and ilvl they have.

This is what I do...

Ok, I used the Valor gloves as my off piece, simply because when you do the math, the extra stat weights that u get from deleting the wasted crit stat ends up being worth more than 41 strength. So, to be clear, I use Helm, Chest, Shoulders, and Legs. To add some validity to my usages, I ranked 65th in the world on Yorsahj for frost DK's with this itemization. For any further info, you can armory my toon, Headtaker of Azgalor. Hopefully this will answer your questions, but if you have rotational questions as well, feel free to look up my WoL (world of logs) records for DS. Those should give you a taste for what abils I used for what fights.

Also, for what the guy above me said, ilvl means absolutely nothing, it's all about stats and how they accumulate to your performance.
    See, each point of a stat correlates to a certain amount of dps average. I.E., 1 haste = 2 dps, or something like that. Where as 1 str = 3 dps, and so on. These numbers are not accurate, just examples. These are your stat weights. Find exactly what these numbers are for your current class build during said patch, and you can literally math out what's ur best decision for your gear.

I hope I helped,
    Headtaker.
    Last edited by Headtaker; 2012-01-28 at 07:48 PM. Reason: address missed issue

Total stats you gain from using valor gloves:

401 strength
    219 haste
    238 mastery

From the 403 shoulders:
    462 strength
    225 mastery
    135 crit
    90 haste

Tier gloves:
    401 strength
    151 crit
    101 haste
    203 mastery

tier shoulders:
    401 strength
    262 haste
    115 crit
    78 mastery

Total difference for using glove offpiece:
    +0 strength
    +118 haste
    -35 mastery
    +151 crit

Total difference for using shoulder offpiece:
    +61 strength (which is worth ~two times as much as your next best secondary stat excluding hit/expertise)
    -172 haste
    +147 mastery
    +20 crit

Even using the BiS stat weights (which aren't going to be 100% accurate for you but they are more or less relevent in this situation - of strength = 3.4590, haste = 2.0324, mastery =2.0070, and crit = 1,7397) The shoulders are obviously the better choice, you are severely overvaluing haste and undervaluing strength and your other secondary stats. Your rankings don't mean anything for your gear's fine tuning, just that you know how to play, not to mention that 10 man normal rankings on a fight that most people are doing on heroic now anyway is virtually irrelevent. The difference between off pieces is small enough that it would only affect your ranks by 1-3 places at most.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-01-28 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Also do NOT judge your DPS on a fight like Madness, go Ultraxion LFR for a pure single target test. A major problem with with Madness is that there are a lot of things that vary your damage, 'lucky' procs during cataclysm, more uptime on bloods, the list goes on.