Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As soon as you exit the tutorial and turn in your first personal story mission, you hit level 2 and can then go do competitive PvP, WvWvW, or continue to PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Heh, probably. Do you gain a level in the tutorial? Anyone here played the demos able to tell us?
    Yeah, look @totalbiscuits video of an Charr Warrior. He got to level 2 and a little bit more if I remember it correctly (might've gotten to level 3 even)

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Will the structured PVP have personal rankings for rank-based matchmaking? I remember hearing something about this in a dev video, but I can't remember the details anymore.

For example, will newbs play against newbs, and "pros" play against "pros"? Or will it be a farmfest that is BF3 or TF2 when you get a bunch of skilled and experienced players on one side, and a bunch of 3-hour old players on the other? (This is something I've always hated about FPS games.)
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

There will be tournaments of various frequency (daily weekly yearly and so on) with the need to qualify in the more frequent ones to enter the less frequent ones so there will need to be some form of ranking system to support that. For hotjoin PVP outside of tournament style play who knows. They've described it as similar as joining a FPS game server so take from that what you will. As far as I'm aware they have not told us about any auto balance system for the hotjoin servers outside of implying some form of auto balance for numerical discrepancies.

Who is John Galt?

I'm assuming hotjoin is like going into any public FPS server and just playing. If you want to see how good you are, you take part in tournaments. Hell, if they're having daily pickup tournaments then why wouldn't you take part?

Hopefully Hall of Heroes will return!