Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help tanking last 4 Boss DS LFR

Evening guys.

As topic says.
    Been looking after some good tanking videos for the last 4 DS bosses. Would start tanking LFR and move to 10 man. I dont wanna get into LFR and spoil/whipe the raid becuz am unprepared for the fight.

Just need some advice what to look out for. Guess u are smart enough to understand what i mean
    Am a really fast learner so just need some tricks and tips

Cheers lads.
    /Thomas

15+ Year Old Account
    Towelliee's videos aren't too bad. (search them on youtube)

I'd suggest going in as a DPS first and just watch the tanks closely. Tanking isn't too hard in terms of tactics required. It's all a matter of communication. Although that's a rare good in LFR.

Deleted
    Some simple tips:

For ultraxion:

Place this is a macro and place it on your bars (i keybind mine to 5 on ultrax)

/click ExtraActionButton1

This is the ability which fades you out. You will need to use it every time you get fading light. Check the duration of fading light and use this macro when the duration is between 4 and 1 seconds. Every time he casts hour of twilight, either click this button, or use anti magic shell

Taunt every time DBM says the other tank has fading light

Use DRW on CD, it does amazing damage!

Warmaster blackhorn -

Pick one side of the boat, pick up the add which spawns on it
    Next time one spawns, pick up the one which spawned on the opposite side. And again for the third one
    Run into as many purple things on the ground as you can, use a small cooldown for each if you can.
    When tanking blackhorn himself, the first 50% is all gravy, after this, whenever you're tanking, try to have some kind of CD up at all times

Taunt switch with your other tank every 3 stacks of sunder armour.

Spine -

Pick up the amalgamation. Run it over as many feiry blobs on the ground as you can, death grip as many little adds as you can to you so you don't have to run around as much
    Make sure the add is near the plate when he has 9 stacks. Run away from it when it casts nuclear blast and pop AMS

Nuke the tendon. Dancing rune weapon doesn't work on it/neither does your ghoul.
    Drop a death and decay to pick up and loose bloods.
    Rinse and repeat 3 times.

Madness
    First impale, pop dream using the /click ExtraActionButton1 macro
    Second impale, IBF
    Third impale, Bone shield + unglpyphed vampiric blood + dwarf racial if you have, pop 2 death strikes whilst he's casting also, i also use DRW just before to try to prevent him destroying previous blood shield.
    Fourth impale, IBF + AMS

Use DND to pick up regenerative blood and tank them in the yellow bubbles

on the final platform, tank the big adds in the yellow bubble. Pick a set of 3 tentacles together to cleave with heart strike, use dream if you get shrapnel on you. otherwise, nuke deathwing.

Hope I have helped.

Not a big deal but when I tank spine I am definitely able to DRW the tendon, and on madness ams has no effect on impale damage

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers guys and thx alot.
    On a sidenote, I have clerared DS on LFR and in 10 man downed spined on my resto druid and hunter. So am not new to the encounters.
    Just to tank them, and our tankers/bulldozzers tended to quit so had to reroll my dk and didnt have a qlue on how to tank them.

Thx again
    Especally Akiie <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Not a big deal but when I tank spine I am definitely able to DRW the tendon, and on madness ams has no effect on impale damage
    DRW you can use, it copies your auto attacks but not your specials. so is a very small dps bonus.
    AMS does not, however it does absorb the incoming damage from the bolt which dps aren't able to kill before it starts doing damage to the entire raid hence the tip to AMS.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    Use DND to pick up regenerative blood and tank them in the yellow bubbles.
    Hope I have helped.
    What does the yellow swirl on the ground do? I always wondered that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreameer111 View Post
    Slows the attackspeed of all adds inside it. If you're trying to tank both Elementium Terrors outside that bubble, you get raped pretty fast.

edit: I guess in LfR it isn't that bad but on normal and heroic, the yellow swirl reduces tankdamage significantly.
    Last edited by DerSenf; 2012-01-29 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreameer111 View Post
    It reduces the attack speed of adds inside of it by 50%, for regenerative bloods, it reduces the regeneration speed by 50% also, making them easier to kill.

might get some tips here aswell. they have a special for each role

http://www.icy-veins.com/dragon-soul-raid

Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    DRW you can use, it copies your auto attacks but not your specials. so is a very small dps bonus.
    Summons a second rune weapon that fights on its own for 12 sec, mirroring the Death Knight's attacks. The rune weapon also assists in defense of its master, granting an additional 20% parry chance while active.

DRW does actually copy (from my experience) every ability you use, ranging from Outbreak to Mind Freeze to Strangulate to Heart Strike to Death Strike and so on.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Summons a second rune weapon that fights on its own for 12 sec, mirroring the Death Knight's attacks. The rune weapon also assists in defense of its master, granting an additional 20% parry chance while active.

DRW does actually copy (from my experience) every ability you use, ranging from Outbreak to Mind Freeze to Strangulate to Heart Strike to Death Strike and so on.
    Yes. it does. Except on the tendon on spine.