I have a serious problem finding teams. What should I do?

Introduction:

I play wow since european release with 1 break in wotlk. I was pveing for the whole time. I only started PVPing in Cataclysm season 9. I play a Warrior and my highest rating is 1870 while I have beaten teams at 2000 mmr. I am currently in a guild that does casual PVE with guild members that have no intention of PVPing. However besides that PVP incovenience I am extremely happy in the guild. The server I play on is considered top2 in regards to PVP in europe.

The problem:

Most of my real life friends have quitted wow, or are pveing. When I look for teams in forums or trade chat either I don't get a single whisper, or alts whisper me (you can tell they are alts if you add them to friend list and monitor their activity plus their outdated gear).

Is it unreasonable to request my teamates to be on a similar gear level with me, proving their dedication? If I am 397 ilvl is it unreasonable to turn down 385 ilvl players, regardless of their previous exp on that character or their main?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? :S

Since you're having trouble finding people, then I'd suggest lowering your expectations just a bit. I mean, might as well team up with someone who is a bit lower in item level but actually has experience... I mean, try it out and see what happens. It's better than turning everyone down and not progressing at all.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

I wouldn't suggest going around and judging people from item level. I've never judged people for item level for PvP, and find it silly to do so.

Ask them their experience, if they're serious, how many games they'd like to play, and yes.. gear does help, but if they have full honor gear.. that's more than enough. You can work your way up from there.

To be honest, gear only does so much. If your players suck but have gear, you will most likely have a lower rating than a person that's actually good with less gear.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to judge anyone's skill by their gear. I want to question their dedication. If they can't be bothered to gear their characters they will most likely quit after a bad evening or might show up once per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to judge anyone's skill by their gear. I want to question their dedication. If they can't be bothered to gear their characters they will most likely quit after a bad evening or might show up once per week.
    Well that's quite a generalization. For all you know, the person's gear isn't as great as yours because he/she has the same problem as you when it comes to finding dedicated players?
    But assuming they do quit after a bad evening, then just find someone else?
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

The most important things to look after in arena partners:
    1. Willingness to improve.
    2. Doesn't rage.
    3. Persistence.

Gear isn't that important, as others have pointed out. It's crucial that you find people that are fun to play with (don't rage) and don't hop teams all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    They could have just geared up, but be a very dedicated player.

You aren't going to find dedicated players if you reject everybody because they don't have gear. You're jumping the gun with that assumption..

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    They could have just geared up, but be a very dedicated player.

You aren't going to find dedicated players if you reject everybody because they don't have gear. You're jumping the gun with that assumption..
    assumption you might say. Experience I say. I've played with those people in the past. All of them (I played with) were not dedicated. I might be stereotyping, I know that, but I do have negative experience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of it is the class you play. I'm not trying to turn this into a warriors are shit/qq thread, but you bring a lot less to an arena team than most other melee classes. The reason I'm bringing this up is I have a similar problem with my warrior, whereas my rogue I can get into most arena teams/rbg pugs a lot easier.

What is the point of this thread? You're asking if you're being too picky, and we are telling you that you are being a bit too picky.. and you're arguing with us about it. o.O If you already have your opinion formed, and have no doubt that you shouldn't play with people who don't have as much gear as you, then don't.

But let me just say, some of the best players I've ever played with had somewhat bad gear when I first started playing with them, but I reached 2400 with them within a few weeks. Gear doesn't determine whether they're dedicated or not, nor if they're bad players. We played together for an entire season before I transferred away to be with RL friends/family.
    Last edited by crylo; 2012-01-28 at 10:38 PM.

What is the point of this thread?
    perhaps I am advertising wrong.
    perhaps there are ways to meet pvpers like in bgs or pvp guilds.
    perhaps as axeplay said it's my class.
    perhaps I have been unlucky.
    perhaps I should pay better players to play with me and rise my exp.
    perhaps I should stop being picky as you and a couple of others have suggested.

2 hours of advertising in trade (now) the result was not even a single whisper. geared or not, nobody whispered me.

here is my adv:

397 ilvl (1870 exp) Active And Dedicated Arms Warrior LF Similar Gear, Mindset and Activity teamates for 3s. Prefer KFC, Kitty, TSG, WLS

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think the problem is that you are being demanding. i actually think that 385 is a little too generous for my taste if I were looking to get 2.2k.

if your realm is really 2nd for PvP, it might just be because they all realize how much worse a Warrior is than a Feral or Rogue.

Edit: but if t2 really matters to you that much, you should probably buy it