Another H Yor'sahj topic!

Hi everyone! My guild will be progressing heroic yor''sahj next week, and i'm at a loss for what I should do comp-wise. I'll show you our roster first and then i'll explain:

Tanks:

DK, Pally

Healers:

Shaman, Priest

DPS:

Warlock, DK, Warrior, Fire mage, Arcane mage, Rogue, Boomkin

I want our DK to tank, but that would force our pally to play his mediocre holy, and force our excellent resto shaman to play her enhancement spec. This would be ideal, but I feel may cause more harm than good. Alternatively, the pally can solo tank (can he?) and our dk will play frost, which he is fully geared for and will pull good numbers. The problem here is not having a holy pally for purple phases.

Any ideas would be helpful, thanks

Prot paladins can tank Yor'sajh very well with glyphed divine protection. You should do that, frost DKs are pretty awesome for their aoe

Deleted
    Recruit another damage dealer! or get your pally to man up and get a decent Ret spec.

Paladins are nowhere near as good at tanking it as DKs, try it with him healing, if it doesn't work because he's not good enough, have him go tank and either 2 tank it if you can meet enrage, or have your dk go frost.

Deleted
    How bad of a holy set are we talking here? On this fight pallies are the best healers by a fair margin and blood DKs are the best tanks by a big margin. It's probably worth it unless your pally is just abysmally geared/skilled for holy.

Prot pallies *can* solo tank it but it's much harder than a blood DK. Also when solo tanking the fight with anything other than DK you rely heavily on Holy Pally heals via beacon and WoG, which you won't have. So just all around the pally tanking it seems like a pretty shitty option.

If your DPS is very good you can also 3 heal it, but again I'm not sure how viable it is without being able to see your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    How bad of a holy set are we talking here? On this fight pallies are the best healers by a fair margin and blood DKs are the best tanks by a big margin. It's probably worth it unless your pally is just abysmally geared/skilled for holy.

Prot pallies *can* solo tank it but it's much harder than a blood DK. Also when solo tanking the fight with anything other than DK you rely heavily on Holy Pally heals via beacon and WoG, which you won't have. So just all around the pally tanking it seems like a pretty shitty option.

If your DPS is very good you can also 3 heal it, but again I'm not sure how viable it is without being able to see your gear.
    The gear isn't too much of an issue, him healing just makes me nervous for some reason. I don't know much about holy, but i know that he can 3 heal spine fairly well. I suppose I have to try having him heal first and then if it doesn't work I can switch out. That leaves us with Pally + priest as heals (no shadow spec), is that viable? I think resto shamans are better for this fight aren't they?

Thanks for your help everyone
    Last edited by StupidPanda; 2012-01-28 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    The gear isn't too much of an issue, him healing just makes me nervous for some reason. I don't know much about holy, but i know that he can 3 heal spine fairly well. I suppose I have to try having him heal first and then if it doesn't work I can switch out. That leaves us with Pally + priest as heals (no shadow spec), is that viable? I think resto shamans are better for this figaren't they?

Thanks for your help everyone
    Shamans are better but priests aren't behind by a lot. Paladins are definitely the best healers here, Word of Glory heals for almost 30k and doesn't add stacks of purple. Beacon heals the tank for a ton and doesn't add stacks of purple. GotAK is an awesome cooldown that doesn't add stacks of purple. See where I'm going with this? Oh and pallies have the best stacked AoE heals of anyone in the game propped up even higher with their 2 personal CDs to where they can almost double other healers' HPS during the intense YRB phase.

So yeah, if his gear is fine there's absolutely no reason for him not to heal. Especially since a blood DK is also a better tank than anyone else for the fight and disc priests aren't bad for it either.

Any healing comp can handle this fight, provided it isn't some double class comp. Different comps will require different healing strategies, but yes, Pally/Priest, Pally/Shaman, Priest/Shaman, can all handle this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Prot paladins can tank Yor'sajh very well with glyphed divine protection. You should do that, frost DKs are pretty awesome for their aoe
    Prot Pallies can tank Yor'sahj, yes, but they aren't DKs. DKs are completely stupid broken overpowered for this fight. There's absolutely NO comparison. If you can get a decent DK tank for this fight, you should take him over an amazing Prot Pally, hands down.

Deleted
    As far as I count you got 11 people total. So why don't you let your pala tank sit out? He can get the kill the week after your first kill...