2012 is shaping up to be the best year yet for PC shooters. What do you think?

Firefall, Hawken, Natural Selection 2, Planetside 2, Retro Blazer, Tribes: Ascend, possibly Blacklight Retribution. Plus multiplatform releases like Borderlands 2 and Bioshock: Infinite. I've never seen so many releases in one year doing something I haven't seen before or haven't seen in a long time. 2013 and beyond will have a hard time pulling me away from this year's lineup.

Why is Blacklight Retribution only a possibility? Because I hear it might be pay to win. Does anyone know how powerful the bought weapons are? I saw gameplay with default weapons and it looks like Battlefield 2142: Pure Infantry Edition, which is fine. But can the bought weapons end fights as soon as one person sees the other? Because then it's just Call of Duty: Future Warfare.
    Last edited by The Backup; 2012-01-28 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Mist of Pandaria!

2012 is in general an amazing year for gamers it seems, cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Mists of Pandaria.
    PC Shooter.

wat.

OT: I definitely agree with you. I am really pumped for Firefall and Bioshock Infinite. And Tribes Ascend is really, really fun. And I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2, now that I remember it! I had completely forgotten that it was coming out this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that seems great on the PC is going to turn into a shitty console port if it was any indication from 2011.

My two most sought after games got ruined by the console market: Brink and Rage.

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Backup View Post
    Firefall, Hawken, Natural Selection 2, Retro Blazer, Tribes: Ascend, possibly Blacklight Retribution. Plus multiplatform releases like Borderlands 2 and Bioshock: Infinite. I've never seen so many releases in one year doing something I haven't seen before or haven't seen in a long time. 2013 and beyond will have a hard time pulling me away from this year's lineup.

Why is Blacklight Retribution only a possibility? Because I hear it might be pay to win. Does anyone know how powerful the bought weapons are? I saw gameplay with default weapons and it looks like Battlefield 2142: Pure Infantry Edition, which is fine. But can the bought weapons end fights as soon as one person sees the other? Because then it's just Call of Duty: Future Warfare.
    Tribes will be pay to win also.

you also forgot to add Planetside 2 to your list.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-01-28 at 10:18 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And planetside 2, MMOFPS

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Tribes will be pay to win also.

you also forgot to add Planetside 2 to your list.
    I wouldn't call Tribes pay to win. It takes forever to save enough points up to buy anything, but you can still do just as well as anybody else with the characters you're given from the start. There's no advantage that people who buy points have over you other than getting the class you want faster. I'd compare it to League of Legends. Not exactly pay to win, but there's definitely still motivation for you to buy points.

Deleted
    bullshit, tribes isn't p2w, doombringer is the only class left to spend points on.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hawken... Hopefully it'll bring the inner joy of Chromehounds. *DAMN YOU SEGA!*

Still waiting for CS:GO Open BETA!!!!!!!!!! duno whats taking so long!

Natural Selection 2.. Is that game EVER going to come out? It start to smell like vaporware..

They've implied that it should be out this year... but Onos aren't even in game yet, right? Anyways yea, pretty pumped for CS:GO as well but that's about it.

They're working on it right now with a patch code-named "Gorilla." It will feature some end-game tech - Onos for Kharaa, jetpacks for Frontiersmen. After that, it sounds like the only big things left to do are exosuits and dynamic infestation.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Since when is Pokémon a FPS??

Id say not just for PC, Halos last chance to redeam itself comes out this year, if 343 fucks it up the series is dead for good. CS imo is just a stalling attempt to keep people from being pissed at the lack of a real new CS and hl3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Backup View Post
    I'm in the closed beta. Right now you can buy pretty much everything you can buy in game with both in game and real money. The thing is that you can only buy 1 day stuff with ig money, but if you play enough you're able to keep everything all the time.