Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Horror Movie Clichés!

We all know that there are a ton of horror movie cliches. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a horror movie that does not contain clichés. What are some horror movie clichés that you have observed?

I'll start:

-The black guy always dies. Usually it's in an attempt to escape from the group that is making some not-so-bright decisions.

15+ Year Old Account
    American teenagers like to go into cellars without torches, especially if a ghostly voice has just shouted "GET OUT!!!!!"

Deleted
    Things happen while the girl is in the shower...

Also, over the last 10 years, authors have to deal with cell phones and when they want to get rid of it, we have that scene with "no signal" or "no batteries".

Deleted
    When the young naive girl hears a strange sound she just has to walk TOWARDS the sound....

Everyone is thinking: 'RUN, BITCH RUN!'

10+ Year Old Account
    If running away from a killer, you will trip and fall down. Every. Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    We all know that there are a ton of horror movie cliches. In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a horror movie that does not contain clichés. What are some horror movie clichés that you have observed?

I'll start:

-The black guy always dies. Usually it's in an attempt to escape from the group that is making some not-so-bright decisions.
    Wrong! The black guy DIDN'T die in Wrong Turn To Dead End 2!

If you plan on having sexytime, plan on getting a(n) [insert antagonist's method of killing here] to the back while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    If running away from a killer, you will trip and fall down. Every. Time.
    After tripping and falling down, instead of scrambling to your feet and resuming your flight, you will look back over your shoulder at the advancing menace while still in the prone position.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL, I was thinking this exact thing before I even clicked on the thread :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The bad guy will always catch up to you. Even if you're running and he's walking.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you have sex you're going to die.
    If you call someone's name and no one answers, you HAVE to go into the house to investigate.
    If you're running from the murderer/monster/whathaveyou, then you forget that you can leave the house.
    If you're running from the thing outside, then everyone else in the world disappears.
    One female and one male will always survive. And they will fall in love at the end.
    If, somehow, there turns out to be a second black guy, he will probably live.
    Bitchy female and hawt female will always die.
    There is always some thick-skulled male that manages to everything worse.
    There will be more gore than actual horror(in modern films).
    The 'horror' is actually something popping out of a corner or a closet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A female is ALWAYS the only survivor.

after successfully knocking out the killer the victim runs away without finishing the job so the killer gets back on his feet and goes after the victim. (rule #2- always double tap)

The bad guy walks just as fast as the protagonist can run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every close up is followed by a supposedly scary jump in from someone. It has gotten so predictable its actually funny.

Every scary movie has a stupid teenager who ignores all the warnings and cries like a bitch, practically chewing on viewers' nerves.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    let's split up

What about Night of the Living Dead, the quintessential horror movie?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    let's split up
    This a thousand times, lol.

"Hey listen a creepy noise, lets go check it out"

10+ Year Old Account
    checking stuff out when you know you should be running from it... I cannot stress that enouhg

"Oh no a creepy noise that could no doubt be my doom, only 4 of my other friends have died before hand but I'll be extra carefal when checking it out" *facepalm*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newber View Post
    What about Night of the Living Dead, the quintessential horror movie?
    what about it