Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Idiots are going to be idiots.

Deleted
    Was both amused and saddened when I read this. To the question, I suppose it depends what kind of media coverage this gets but, personally, doubt any rational human being is going to take that very seriously. At best it will either be amusing or tragic to them. The good news is that we have a lot of precedents about this kind of silly witch hunt. Most modern phenomenons, particularly video games and roleplaying games, have always been the target of this kind of nonsense. It goes back to the days of D&D and TSR.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2012-01-28 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No publicity is bad publicity. A handful of people will take this seriously but they weren't likely gonna be PC gaming anyway. This does however get the word out about star wars to a much larger group of people.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Ah religious extremists y u so craz--- oh wait.
    You don't need to be an extremist to think terrible things about homosexuals. Infact, I think you'll find it's quite common amongst "real" Christians to do so.
    The Bible says it's wrong and whatever else it says about it, so a "real" Christian would ofcourse think so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Really? Because I feel it's a beauty that people can have opinions like this even if it's considered incorrect by the majority of the population.
    You think it is right that they can demonize gay people? You think it is "beautiful" that they have the right to do that? You think it is right for them to preach and spread hatred?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised that this is happening. Am surprised it took this long for someone to throw a shit-fit over it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez View Post
    Granted, I am religious too, but I'm neither blind nor stupid.
    That's what it's about, so in your defense I'd say you aren't religious. Maybe you're just agnostic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think same-sex relationships should be in Swtor, but I also don't think it's a big enough deal to cause such a fuss about. It won't affect any part of my game, and probably 95%+ of the game so they're really trying to make something out of next to nothing.

Deleted
    isnt it weird that pixels on a screen in a fictional world can offend god

murdering, backstabbing, greed, hate, anger, power, domination, and little regard for human life....

all terrible things that describe the empire

and these people are worried about homosexuality

fucking trolls

As a Christian, I sincerely apologies for the actions of other so-called Christians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavynn View Post
    I direct you to this interesting article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
    Nah, that's nothing like Poe's Law. THIS Reflects POE's Law
    http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-sky...sex-maneuvers/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You don't need to be an extremist to think terrible things about homosexuals. Infact, I think you'll find it's quite common amongst "real" Christians to do so.
    The Bible says it's wrong and whatever else it says about it, so a "real" Christian would ofcourse think so as well.
    the truth is, there arent that many "real christians" , a lot of people say they are christian, but that is just by birth, the number of people going to church and participating is much much less than the number of people who say they are christian, also not that everyone in prison seems to be christian

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    isnt it weird that pixels on a screen in a fictional world can offend god
    Even wierder that people who don't believe in said god should be punished for doing things or being who they are.
    I just wish religious nutjobs would stick to arguing between themselves and leaving non-religious people alone. We aren't part of their religion, thusly we shouldn't have them bothering us or trying to tell us what to do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope that not enough people actually care about what that idiot says to have an impact.

Deleted
    I lol'd.

You know, whatever you do in this world, there's always going to be AT LEAST one person that is going to absofuckinglutely hate and despise it, no matter what it sodding is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no same sex relationships.

My Character is female, all my companions are male, a male lizzard man, a male twilek a slightly gayish male robot.
    And a male human, there are no female companions no homosexual stuff being shoved down my face.

So i see no problem, also im Christian this guy is not.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if/when people will realize that "Christians" like this are akin to Al-qaeda is to Islam. (Not exactly the same, but think of it... conservative zealots of a religion...)

Also, I am a Christian and I have no problem with this. The argument of IRL same sex relationships aside... as someone above mentioned "pixels offend God?" By that same notion of "pixels offending God," when why aren't they throwing their arms up for males playing female toons and visa versa?
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-01-28 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That's what it's about, so in your defense I'd say you aren't religious. Maybe you're just agnostic.
    Right, because being religious means that you have to completely follow a book that is chopped and changed to reflect the believes of those who are teaching from it.

Deleted
    does he try to summarise it ect or does he literally just say * oH hey SWTOR has new feature : gay releationships*
    because really i doubt many people wouldnt actually give a .... about that tbh :L hes just making himself look bad