Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    You think it is right that they can demonize gay people? You think it is "beautiful" that they have the right to do that? You think it is right for them to preach and spread hatred?
    I think there's beauty in the fact that no matter how pathetic or wrong their opinion might be, they're allowed to have it, and they're allowed to express it. Do I dislike them for having it? Yes. Would I ever agree with them or want to talk to them? Not really. But if we censored people for something like this, where would you draw the line? Do I think it's right? Not at all, but I'm glad they can do it because it means I'd be able to share my own unpopular opinion if it ever came up.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylon Orion View Post
    murdering, backstabbing, greed, hate, anger, power, domination, and little regard for human life....

    all terrible things that describe much of Christianity's history

    and these people are worried about homosexuality
    Fixed it for ya...

    The following topics are not to be discussed on MMO-Champion on penalty of ban. Hateful language about race, religion, country (Example: US vs. EU threads), political beliefs, etc. - Cula
    Last edited by Culadin; 2012-01-29 at 12:14 AM.

  3. #43
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,723
    I just read this as: "I want to play a mass murdering psychopath with slaves and evil dark powers, but I dont want to see a flirt option when I interact with male crew members because that would be anti christian".
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-01-28 at 11:24 PM.

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Dannyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Even wierder that people who don't believe in said god should be punished for doing things or being who they are.
    I just wish religious nutjobs would stick to arguing between themselves and leaving non-religious people alone. We aren't part of their religion, thusly we shouldn't have them bothering us or trying to tell us what to do.
    That's the irony of it all, many religions have an obsession to spread their world view and it particularly implies to atheists. Not all of them ofc but many of them do and stuff people do in their devotion to their god holds no bounds. The good news is that these days, in most civilized countries, laws prevent most of that stuff so they have to settle for hate groups on the internet.

    Armory | What we do in life, it echoes in eternity.
    Blog | Hogi's Blogspot.

  5. #45
    These kinds of groups never cease to amaze me at the lengths that they are willing to go. Ridiculous claims and Im certain there will be no changes in the game over this.

  6. #46
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    229
    You would notice how stupid some people are about how some thing may be going cuz it doesnt match their view on life.

    Example

    http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

    ^ basically about how PETA doesnt like mario wearing an endangered animal skin called tanooki.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post

    Do you think this kind of stuff will have any impact on the company or game considering the size of their audience and followers?
    I hope not.

  8. #48
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    the truth is, there arent that many "real christians" , a lot of people say they are christian, but that is just by birth, the number of people going to church and participating is much much less than the number of people who say they are christian, also not that everyone in prison seems to be christian
    A lot of people say it because they don't dare not say it. Try calling yourself atheist in Texas. You'd be persecuted for crying out loud.
    Plenty of people will come along and say "Oh these people are so bad and wrong etc". But are they really wrong in the sense that they have interpreted or read things in the wrong way? I sincerely doubt it, they've just gone further then people might usually dare to do. This is the real face of the Bible, and it's only frowned upon because we've made such steps in society so as to learn that most of it is despicable.
    Thusly, many people calling themselves Christian conflict in their upbringings and are quite the hypocrits. But I don't mean to insult anyone with that, beacuse I reckon there aren't many people that have actually thought about it.

    This is the real face of Christianity, this is what the Bible talks about. Yes, it says things about love and tolerance, but that's just one of many contradictions. Mostly because it's a contrived collection of writings made by many people over several hundreds of years and changed several times.
    It both saddens and frightens me that people follow something like a book that states ultimates and undisputable truths.
    This contradictory book has thusly spawned many different interpretations and branches of Christianity as a result. Just adding to how inprobably and ridiculous it is.
    Then again, from what I've read, God is far from benevolent. Something that is rarely talked about by people calling themselves Christians.
    It's about cherry picking. People pick what they think sounds good to make it work for them.

    I just want to clarify that if anyone feels offended by what I've written, it hasn't been my intention to offend you. But perhaps my words are offensive, because they have a lot of weight and power. I find reason and logic is often rejected with anger and pride.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Really? Because I feel it's a beauty that people can have opinions like this even if it's considered incorrect by the majority of the population.
    I would feel the same way, if these same people weren't the type to spout about freedoms even while saying shit against gays(or anyone that doesn't believe the same things as them for that matter) I am all for free speech and open opinions but hypocrisy is something that is way too rampant with some hardcore religious groups/people. Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Perkins_(politician)

    Louisiana House of Representatives 1996-2004

    Perkins won his seat in the Louisiana House from District 64 (the eastern Baton Rouge suburbs, including part of Livingston Parish) in the nonpartisan blanket primary held on October 21, 1995, when he defeated the Democrat Herman L. Milton of Baker, 9,476 (63.3 percent) to 5,487 (36.7 percent). The Democrat incumbent, Michael "Mike" McCleary, did not seek reelection.[2] Representative Perkins thereafter authored legislation to require public schools to install Internet filtering software, provide daily silent prayer in Louisiana public schools, to establish the first covenant marriage law, and to authorize the American History Preservation Act, the stated aim of which is to "prevent censorship of America's Christian heritage" in public schools.
    I find sad that anyone that can fight for censorship of things they don't like, and then say they want to prevent censorship of something they do could ever be considered some kind of free speech martyr.

  10. #50
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    That's the irony of it all, many religions have an obsession to spread their world view and it particularly implies to atheists. Not all of them ofc but many of them do and stuff people do in their devotion to their god holds no bounds. The good news is that these days, in most civilized countries, laws prevent most of that stuff so they have to settle for hate groups on the internet.
    Atheists and simply people who don't want to be religious, are at high risk in the US today, because religious groups are gaining a lot of power.
    Religion is a great power tool, and that's what it was made for. It has a lot of ground in the US, and certainly decides laws that prohibit the freedoms and lives of people who are of either a different religion, or not religious at all.

    It's a lot easier to hate, then it is to love. It's a lot harder to be wise, then is to be a fool.

  11. #51
    It didn't have any impact with Dragon Age, and as far as I know nothing made a dent in Biowares plans to do the same feature with MAss Effect 3 so I dought it will do anything here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We force stuff on kids all the time, no one ever cares until there's a penis involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    What are you talking about?
    This is AMERICA you and I live in. We would have people lining up by the thousands to go on missions to conquer this new nation of worm monsters.

  12. #52
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A lot of people say it because they don't dare not say it. Try calling yourself atheist in Texas. You'd be persecuted for crying out loud.
    Plenty of people will come along and say "Oh these people are so bad and wrong etc". But are they really wrong in the sense that they have interpreted or read things in the wrong way? I sincerely doubt it, they've just gone further then people might usually dare to do. This is the real face of the Bible, and it's only frowned upon because we've made such steps in society so as to learn that most of it is despicable.
    Thusly, many people calling themselves Christian conflict in their upbringings and are quite the hypocrits. But I don't mean to insult anyone with that, beacuse I reckon there aren't many people that have actually thought about it.

    This is the real face of Christianity, this is what the Bible talks about. Yes, it says things about love and tolerance, but that's just one of many contradictions. Mostly because it's a contrived collection of writings made by many people over several hundreds of years and changed several times.
    It both saddens and frightens me that people follow something like a book that states ultimates and undisputable truths.
    This contradictory book has thusly spawned many different interpretations and branches of Christianity as a result. Just adding to how inprobably and ridiculous it is.
    Then again, from what I've read, God is far from benevolent. Something that is rarely talked about by people calling themselves Christians.
    It's about cherry picking. People pick what they think sounds good to make it work for them.

    I just want to clarify that if anyone feels offended by what I've written, it hasn't been my intention to offend you. But perhaps my words are offensive, because they have a lot of weight and power. I find reason and logic is often rejected with anger and pride.
    Touched even tho i left the church long ago +1

  13. #53
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,404
    Some humans are just crazy .. deal with it

    edit: to some posts above, if you say your atheist .. that means ur against in believe in a god .. not only that u dont care.
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  14. #54
    erm wtf, loads of games have same sex things in them. WoW has some lesbian characters in the story if i recall some chick in stormwind and there another lady also cant remember where she at though.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A lot of people say it because they don't dare not say it. Try calling yourself atheist in Texas. You'd be persecuted for crying out loud.
    Plenty of people will come along and say "Oh these people are so bad and wrong etc". But are they really wrong in the sense that they have interpreted or read things in the wrong way? I sincerely doubt it, they've just gone further then people might usually dare to do. This is the real face of the Bible, and it's only frowned upon because we've made such steps in society so as to learn that most of it is despicable.
    Thusly, many people calling themselves Christian conflict in their upbringings and are quite the hypocrits. But I don't mean to insult anyone with that, beacuse I reckon there aren't many people that have actually thought about it.

    This is the real face of Christianity, this is what the Bible talks about. Yes, it says things about love and tolerance, but that's just one of many contradictions. Mostly because it's a contrived collection of writings made by many people over several hundreds of years and changed several times.
    It both saddens and frightens me that people follow something like a book that states ultimates and undisputable truths.
    This contradictory book has thusly spawned many different interpretations and branches of Christianity as a result. Just adding to how inprobably and ridiculous it is.
    Then again, from what I've read, God is far from benevolent. Something that is rarely talked about by people calling themselves Christians.
    It's about cherry picking. People pick what they think sounds good to make it work for them.

    I just want to clarify that if anyone feels offended by what I've written, it hasn't been my intention to offend you. But perhaps my words are offensive, because they have a lot of weight and power. I find reason and logic is often rejected with anger and pride.
    I only feel offended for your sweeping generalizations. Not because they're wrong but because I deeply fear that some of it is true, and it scares me to find that I'm being swept under the very same rug that they are. More than that, I'm offended that you call it a book of contradictions when, even as my time as an Atheist, I found no such things that could not be explained with context and something better than the condescending attitude that you're taking. You're right that the Christian God isn't all love. He is also justice and righteousness, so it's not all "lovey dovey" as it's being preached today. Sorry about that. It's caused an awful lot of misleading, I must admit. I'm sort of baffled as to how you claim that you're using "logic and reason" but defer yourself to such indisputable bias in doublespeak such as calling my faith "ridiculous" and belittling me as a person for it.

  16. #56
    The Patient Soltsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    224
    People who want to play that game, scifi nerds, aren't usually Christian or belong to any major religion, and are able to think with their own brains ^__^

    But I can imagine the outrage that commentary like that have on the elder people who have been following the religion their whole life


    "Hundreds of kills, a man and his rifle, embodies the sisu of Finns" White Death - Sabaton

  17. #57
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Gandhi

  18. #58
    These are the same idiots that will boycott Wal-Mart etc. for selling Diablo 3.

  19. #59
    You'd think with so much shit going on in the world, people would have something better to bitch about than a make believe virtual world.

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Dannyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Atheists and simply people who don't want to be religious, are at high risk in the US today, because religious groups are gaining a lot of power. Religion is a great power tool, and that's what it was made for. It has a lot of ground in the US, and certainly decides laws that prohibit the freedoms and lives of people who are of either a different religion, or not religious at all.
    Well... being an atheist and not wanting to be religious aren't the same thing but yeah, I'm aware of the relationship between power and religion. Just glad I'm not an american

    Quote Originally Posted by Zushakon View Post
    edit: to some posts above, if you say your atheist .. that means ur against in believe in a god .. not only that u dont care.
    That's not entirely accurate. Yes, in a sense atheism is the rejection of belief in the divine. However, specifically, a true atheist does not choose to be one. It stems from the fact that you simply do not believe in the existence of deities and other divine beings and realms. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with not caring, one way or another.

    Armory | What we do in life, it echoes in eternity.
    Blog | Hogi's Blogspot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •