Thread: SWTOR a success

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I seriously doubt that you have ever even read a page of the thread. I will link it again:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...233714&page=96

About to roll over into thread #15!
    A. Everyone their is a paying sub now: Right except in threads 1-10 when they had just bought the game. Also don't discount people who pay the troll tax
    B. You mean CSR wannabes? Only trolling is people "lol crappy pc": Yea and that happens alot. In fact people argue about it back and forth throughout those threads
    C. I'm glad you agree that just adds up to the count
    D. They really can't say anything other than "this thread has rolled into its next one" or "keep it civil please" which I suspect happens often.

Again were not given any actual number of people who actually have issues. The thread does indeed show some people do have problems however and as they devs themselves said just because its not a majority problem doesn't mean their not looking to fix it.

Roose, you've posted 10 times now at least about some guide. Did you have a point??

WoW doesn't have a guide? Yeah because the engine is old and the graphics are plain.
    SWTOR has a guide. Yeah because the engine is cutting edge and most consumer computers are not.

Next...
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    I sent Kil'jaeden an eMail bout an hour ago and let him know he can find Exodar on google earth and he replied "thnkx bro ima go blow it up now k?" but just now he sent back "pshaw its empty cept of < lvl 6 Draenei scrubs whatsa point /sad demon face. ttyl bff <3 KJ.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ would like to have a word with you. Note graph #3 from the left, monthly-graph.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post

Again were not given any actual number of people who actually have issues. The thread does indeed show some people do have problems however and as they devs themselves said just because its not a majority problem doesn't mean their not looking to fix it.
    14 100 page threads and you chalk it all up to troll posts and flaming. Dude, the only thing done to that thread has been removal of posts. If anything, it would likely be on the 20th version if there had been no removal of posts.

There have been over 1400 pages. View count easily around the million mark now. More views than stickies. More responses than any other thread by leaps and bounds. Yup, must just be a vocal minority and they must be resubbing just to troll that thread...

You seem like a bright person. Use your head and do the math here. How many people do you think actually post on forums? Look at ever thread here and notice the number of views is much higher than number of posts. Most people are lurkers. The fact that there has been that many people that felt the need to post speaks volumes.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gamelyn View Post
    Roose, you've posted 10 times now at least about some guide. Did you have a point??

WoW doesn't have a guide? Yeah because the engine is old and the graphics are plain.
    SWTOR has a guide. Yeah because the engine is cutting edge and most consumer computers are not.
    What is so cutting edge? All I see are flaws. Graphics certainly are not impressive.
    I like sandwiches

the engine is NOT cutting edge and havent been visually improved for 7-8 years. Problem?

All I see are flaws.
    I think this is your problem.

Blinded by anger you are.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    14 100 page threads and you chalk it all up to troll posts and flaming. Dude, the only thing done to that thread has been removal of posts. If anything, it would likely be on the 20th version if there had been no removal of posts.

There have been over 1400 pages. View count easily around the million mark now. More views than stickies. More responses than any other thread by leaps and bounds. Yup, must just be a vocal minority and they must be resubbing just to troll that thread...

You seem like a bright person. Use your head and do the math here. How many people do you think actually post on forums? Look at ever thread here and notice the number of views is much higher than number of posts. Most people are lurkers. The fact that there has been that many people that felt the need to post speaks volumes.
    1400 pages is over the course of the "free" month as well. Resubbing doesn't count for those.

You seem like a bright person. Use your head and so some math here. Add up all those posts and add a thousand or two for people who don't post. Come up with that number and then figure it out in a percentage out of roughly 2 mil. yes most people are lurkers. Grats. That is not indicative of most people having problems.

What is so cutting edge? All I see are flaws. Graphics certainly are not impressive.
    And WoW has flaws too. I ask again, what is your point here?
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    I sent Kil'jaeden an eMail bout an hour ago and let him know he can find Exodar on google earth and he replied "thnkx bro ima go blow it up now k?" but just now he sent back "pshaw its empty cept of < lvl 6 Draenei scrubs whatsa point /sad demon face. ttyl bff <3 KJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ would like to have a word with you. Note graph #3 from the left, monthly-graph.
    From the FAQ of the same very website

Can I make guesses on overall subscription count based on these graphs?
    No you shouldn't be relying on them to make so guesses. These graph purely relies on instantaneous server population values provided by Bioware, nothing more.
    Nice try though,

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    If the game cost $150 - $200 million, there is no way they've paid the initial investment off at launch.

That would require at least 4 million sales, and that's being generous. They do not make $60 per copy on average.
    I'm sure someone will call me a hater for this but you are absolutely correct. People seem to think EA gets the whole game sell price as profit. Eg. here the standard edition sells for about 45-50 euros and after cutting VAT(23%), the sellers cut, distribution costs, local marketing campaigns, etc. I would be surprised if EA got even half of that as actual profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Oh goody, it's this website. Even with the methodology FAQ (which apparently nobody reads) explaining how the data contained within these graphs should NOT be used to estimate subscription size, this is still absolute, unmitigated bullshit. The people who made it should be ashamed of themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am at the moment paying for my Annual pass of WoW and paying monthly for SWTOR. Both are great games, I prefer the large open world of WoW to any of the more closed off instanced zones where everything is disconnected. I also would say I feel more reason to join groups and communicate in WoW. I absolutely love TOR but I just love doing quests and experiencing the story, I don't really ever feel like I need or want to join a group, do an instance, or anything else. We will see if PvP captures me, but I might just be playing through the story of TOR and then dropping my sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

From the FAQ of the same very website

Nice try though,
    My bad. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by taniawi View Post
    Does anyone know how many people bought this game already? I think it might be around 2.2 million.

Also how much did it cost to make this game. Now articles coming out with figures like 200 to 500 million dollars.

Do you think EA will lose money?

Whats your opinion?
    Did Google break or what? How many of these threads do we really need. You can only expect 2 kinds of answers those who positive about TOR and those who are negative. My opinion is not needed I can't play it right now so my input makes no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    I am at the moment paying for my Annual pass of WoW and paying monthly for SWTOR. Both are great games, I prefer the large open world of WoW to any of the more closed off instanced zones where everything is disconnected. I also would say I feel more reason to join groups and communicate in WoW. I absolutely love TOR but I just love doing quests and experiencing the story, I don't really ever feel like I need or want to join a group, do an instance, or anything else. We will see if PvP captures me, but I might just be playing through the story of TOR and then dropping my sub.
    LFD has really ruined people for forming groups. The game is pretty rewarding when you group up. The flashpoints are one my favourite things about the game and the heroic group quests have been a pleasant surprise. Add that to the fact that the game actually rewards you for grouping up and that should in theory encourage people to group up. However since theirs no LFD in the game its moot. People cannot seem to form groups by themselves anymore. Or don't have the care to no matter what the incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they make the cost back of the game on initial sales then everything after is gravy. It's been a success how much of a success and how long it continues to remain a success remains to be seen.
    Just saying that companies don't count making their money back as a success man, you and I yea , but they don't. Its odd but its like that. I don't like the game personally but I can say from what I've seen so far that it will become a big deal. Its Star Wars which if I am not incorrect is a very big deal in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I cant wait to see the sub figures after 3 months, this game had so much hype and so many fans giving wow grief while it was protected by a closed beta, the realisation is setting in and everywhere you look there are complaint posts about the bugs, the engine and pretty much Bioware in general, their community feedback and customer support as been non existent, its been one of the worst MMO launches for a long time.
    This post is exactly what's wrong with these threads. That's not even an opinion, that's an agenda. He's just relishing the thought that SWTOR will fail so he can tell everyone how stupid they were for abandoning the one true faith of World of Warcraft. Sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs post at this point.

No one knows if SWTOR is or will be a success outside of personal opinion. Wait for EA to release subscription and sales numbers in the near future.