Computer crashes when gaming and my temperatures are good

As the title says, when playing Starcraft 2 or WoW, the game will randomly crash for no reason.. According to core temp when I play I barely go above 40 Celsius, so I really have no idea what could be causing this..

Im using the GeForce GTX 560 ti as a video card and that should be fine for these games, so I don't understand what could be causing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try updating your drivers. That's usually the forefront issue.

Any error message on crash? What are your GPU temperatures? Any overclocks going on (memory, GPU core/shaders/memory, CPU)?
    Super casual.

Thanks Fuzzy, I'm updating them as I write this.

For Nellah, no I don't get any error messages, and no overclocks either. What program should I use to see my GPU temperatures, I have CPU-Z and core temp at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulfarror View Post
    Thanks Fuzzy, I'm updating them as I write this.

For Nellah, no I don't get any error messages, and no overclocks either. What program should I use to see my GPU temperatures, I have CPU-Z and core temp at the moment.
    I don't think CPU-Z can check temps? or are you talking about their Hardware Monitor program. If anything I use CPUID HW and it seems to be pretty accurate with other programs.

Deleted
    Could be conflicting drivers? I had that a while ago and my pc kept rebooting/crashing and what not.
    Check google how to remove them tho, can't recall =<

Check with your card manufacturer site, if you have a MSI card you can use MSI-Afterburner to watch that kinda stuff - works nice / can set your overclocks etc.

Alot of cards find stability through upping the voltage by .025v, dont dick with that stuff unless you know what your doing tho.
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

MSI Afterburner works with all NVIDIA cards: I have it on my EVGA 9800GT, EVGA GTX275, and my Galaxy GTX460, it can read temperatures and adjust clocks and voltages just fine. Haven't tested it with my 6950, so I can't speak for AMD compatibility, but OP has a GTX560 Ti so it'll work fine.
    Super casual.

whoa - those games shouldn't stress your system very much. when you say "crash" we need more specifics. is it crashing to the desktop? is it hard hanging up(forcing you to reboot)? need more info...we can help you more...

Power supply mabey?
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    I don't think CPU-Z can check temps? or are you talking about their Hardware Monitor program. If anything I use CPUID HW and it seems to be pretty accurate with other programs.
    Yeah CPU-Z is not for temps, I was just listing what I had so people could suggest better programs!

Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    Could be conflicting drivers? I had that a while ago and my pc kept rebooting/crashing and what not.
    Check google how to remove them tho, can't recall =<
    I'm not too savy so the only drivers I know of are my video card drivers..

Quote Originally Posted by satyrikon View Post
    Check with your card manufacturer site, if you have a MSI card you can use MSI-Afterburner to watch that kinda stuff - works nice / can set your overclocks etc.

Alot of cards find stability through upping the voltage by .025v, dont dick with that stuff unless you know what your doing tho.
    Nope, my card is the GTX 560 Ti, but I'll check out the afterburner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    MSI Afterburner works with all NVIDIA cards: I have it on my EVGA 9800GT, EVGA GTX275, and my Galaxy GTX460, it can read temperatures and adjust clocks and voltages just fine. Haven't tested it with my 6950, so I can't speak for AMD compatibility, but OP has a GTX560 Ti so it'll work fine.
    I'm downloading the MSI Afterburner now, and I'll update once it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    whoa - those games shouldn't stress your system very much. when you say "crash" we need more specifics. is it crashing to the desktop? is it hard hanging up(forcing you to reboot)? need more info...we can help you more...
    Yeah it's hard hanging up, if thats the technical term lol, it crashes so the sound starts buzzing, the screen freezes, and I have to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by lilatia View Post
    Power supply mabey?
    The power suply is the Corsair 650TX v2

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 05:41 PM ----------

Ok, the Afterburner is downloaded and this is what it says.

It won't let me change the Core Voltage, it doesn't show any type of number for it.
    The Core Clock is at 900 MHz, which is the medium speed, and I can change it
    The Shader Clock is at 1800 MHz, which is the medium speed, and I can change it
    The Memory Clock is at 2106 MHz, which is a bit above medium speed, and I can change it
    and the Fan speed is at 30, which is the minimum speed, and I can change it.

Edit, forgive that weird double post
    Last edited by Zulfarror; 2012-01-29 at 05:42 PM.

Ok the thread kind of died down but the crashes are getting really weird. I was playing WoW, experienced the same type of crash. I rebooted, and literally 5 seconds into the game it crashed again. Above you can see my stats from the Afterburner, hopefully something there is wrong and it can be fixed, but please guys any ideas as to what is going wrong?