Blood DK PVP stats pior

So I want to try some arenas as blood dk, and i wanted to know what are the stats priority, for survival and good damage at the same time.

Deleted
    (edit- accidentally posted twice, so plz someone delete this 1) <--- :P
    Last edited by mmoc40d882f18d; 2012-01-29 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Well it s prolly last week before they nerf vengeance, but im blood pvp since ages so i decided to make account and share anyway (as there is no clear pvp blood dk guide on internet afaik).

So... What u need is:
    - 5% hit (pvp cap for melee)
    - 20 expertise (5% dodge cap vs casters, melee got more dodge+parry, but no point going for more as u should have problems only vs ranged)
    after that ur stats prio is
    HASTE>MASTERY=CRIT (and now depends if u need more surv- mastery, or better chance to crit , which is 2 RNG)

so i wouldnt advice u to go for crit.

Then ur stats priority:
    5%hit and 20 expertise > haste > mastery > crit

Haste is overally best stat for all pvp dk specs (maybe except frost), because as blood haste = faster rune regeneration (more abilities to use) and more melee swings for Scent of blood= Runic Power generation (especially for DS glyphed) + overally more dmg (also better chance to summon blood worms).

About ur abilities prio
    -Necrotic strike spam vs healers/ranged
    -Chains of ice (obvious reason)
    -Heart Strike + Death Strike (offensive) , Death strike spam defensive.
    and ofc mind freeze/strangulate for interrupts, lichborne deathcoil spamheal on full runic power / ghoul / rune tap (should be used after vampiric blood for more healing)
    ect ect.

Blood DK pvp build (best in my opinion, tho u could use some variations with scarlet fever vs strangulate cd, but melee aint that big problem (except disc+feral)

wowhead.com/talent#jcGoosrruszG0RZb:R0o0zc

Also best 2v2 partner for blood dk is prot paladin (was playing with prot for points and after easy 8-0 we decided to aim as high as it s possible, and after some time we ended on 26-3 (u gona loose with damm high rated holy pala/resto druid/disci + dps ---> 2 OP... We lost twice with resto druid+dps and i believe once with holy pala) on rating 1956 or something, and that s with guy playing for the 1st time without skype :P

Other options are rogue>feral druid>bm hunter imo, but u need to be good as blood pvp for setups like this, and tactic is way different than prot+blood.

Enjoy,

Evil.

mastery.

pvp blood dks are going to be nerfed with the next patch though. which is (hopefully!) this coming Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    mastery.

pvp blood dks are going to be nerfed with the next patch though. which is (hopefully!) this coming Tuesday.
    Pretty much this. Since vengeance won't be stacked by players anymore, Blood Dks will hit like declawed kittens, but our survivability will stay intact. So my best advice is stack the living hell out of mastery, just so you don't die, and your team mate(s) can do the killing.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Only noobs and non-skilled players play blood in pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    So my best advice is stack the living hell out of mastery, just so you don't die
    Not like u gonna die vs melee anyway, even without mastery, and mastery wont help u versus casters (which is blood dk biggest counter).
    Haste will give u more slows and necrotics, and more heals with DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Only noobs and non-skilled players play blood in pvp
    I guess u play frost mage pvp? Haters gonna hate ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    Not like u gonna die vs melee anyway, even without mastery, and mastery wont help u versus casters (which is blood dk biggest counter).

I play frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post

Blood DK's seriously are a joke though, you realize that right?

How much of a 'joke' are they though?

I'm now gearing up to try arenas with my DK, my partner will be a feral druid.
    I haven't decided on a spec yet though and I can't find any strong points on these forums to help with that choice.

I was thinking blood because we'll lack a healer and with everyone knowing ferals are unkillable they will nuke me down in seconds as a frost.

The partner and I go way back and have done arena since early WOTLK, never competatively though.
    We always played whichever character we found the most fun which more often than not lead to horrible teams.
    Our last team was rogue+war when arena was full of frost mages.. didn't take long before we rage quit :P

So now we want to get some high arena rating, we don't care if this time we play the FOTM faceroll team.
    Would the lack of dps as blood eventually kill us or will frost's low survivability cause our demise?

Blood doesn't work at all any more. Even before the Vengeance nerf every half-decent team had learned to kite Blood DKs. As you point out Frost is pretty poor in 2s because of its lack of survivability. I haven't tried Unholy since 4.0 but if you want to get somewhere as double DPS that's how I would do it.

Deleted
    Don't PvP with a blood DK, it is just not build for that role and it won't give you much result. It is only there to annoy others
    ALOT

Thank you, I'll try unholy.

Deleted
    If you're looking at a zerg style, 2h frost is also worth a look - much higher immediate dmg than unholy but won't last as well, whilst unholy dmg will ramp up.