Thread: Multiboxing

Deleted

Multiboxing

Is there any way to defeat about 10 shamans casting chain lightning? Someone controlling 10 chars and casting one spell literally is one-shotting everyone. He doesnt even need a healer. With such trick its fairly easy to raid the city. How the hell can they be stopped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you cant kill 10 shamans alone, but if you have 9 more with your side its pretty easy tbh, you just need to coordinate your cc's. Imagine a 5vs5 arena game against 5elemental shamans, free points for your team
    ~May the goat be with you~

Deleted
    we tried but was hard to coordinate ccs when every shaman had almost identical name. If they get crowd controlled then its just a piece of cake but the hard part would be to cc them. Any second delay may result in dead bodies Obviously if would be different story if they were outnumbered.

Have your group members set a specific one each on focus to cc, problem solved.

Deleted
    And what if names for example are like this: oOOOOoO oOOooOo ooOOOOOo OoOoOOO? We tried on vent to assign who is ccin who but it was very confusing.

Pick a person to assist, and they target one of the shaman.

Everyone else, target your teammate, and /assist.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    :S Pick out the ring leader and CC him til the drops. The other 9 will be useless. It'll always be the one that moves first. Silences and stuns will win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfected View Post
    And what if names for example are like this: oOOOOoO oOOooOo ooOOOOOo OoOoOOO? We tried on vent to assign who is ccin who but it was very confusing.
    Well if you're playing arena you should have gladius or something of that sort so you assign them like this: "I cc the first target you the second..." easy. Also don't feel bad if you get owned, that dude is paying $75 a month if hes multiboxing 5 chars and probably payed for the multiboxing tool too since it's not for free if he didn't have any fun with it it would be one sad man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    :S Pick out the ring leader and CC him til the drops. The other 9 will be useless. It'll always be the one that moves first. Silences and stuns will win the game.
    That is true. Like frost mage with mirrors. No need to cc all of the shamans only the leader. Will be fun next time to see them die

False. A decent multiboxer will not have his toons on follow suddenly breaking once one of them drops.

This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZG6b9HjnM&t=1m30s will show you that this statement is wrong if the multiboxer uses this program or has his stuff setup properly.

Is there any way to defeat about 10 shamans casting chain lightning? Someone controlling 10 chars and casting one spell literally is one-shotting everyone. He doesnt even need a healer. With such trick its fairly easy to raid the city. How the hell can they be stopped?
    You have to spread them out and kill them. Once the characters are spread out he won't be able to effectively control them and you'll be able to finish him off from there.

Well once it goes 10+ it really gets tricky. The multiboxer in our guild basically soloed for several people the darkmoon chest achievement - as soon as someone gets in range he's just dead he doesn't even need to put up flameshocks anymore.

That is true. Like frost mage with mirrors. No need to cc all of the shamans only the leader. Will be fun next time to see them die
    it's very easy to have a leaderless multiboxing setup.

Im very curious... y is it always shamans that are Multiboxed?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Least you didn't see 10 rogues in Island of conquest like I did, That was not fun. 10 shadow step ambushes = Dead person

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Least you didn't see 10 rogues in Island of conquest like I did, That was not fun. 10 shadow step ambushes = Dead person
    Ouch :P

Never seen 10 before, worse I've come across was 4 Dk's and a Holy Pala.

Very rarely do I see multiboxers that can handle an AOE fear well.

Quote Originally Posted by karydas View Post
    Of course you cant kill 10 shamans alone, but if you have 9 more with your side its pretty easy tbh, you just need to coordinate your cc's. Imagine a 5vs5 arena game against 5elemental shamans, free points for your team
    Against a bad multiboxer sure, however in a 5v5 you would be lucky if anything survives the initial opening of 5 shaman casting 5 flameshocks and 5 LvBs, then you keep in mind everyone of them has Tstorm rooting totems insta Gwolf and so on. Yes an ele shaman is an easier kill target but w/o immunity they can chain lightning half your group down.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    Very rarely do I see multiboxers that can handle an AOE fear well.
    Again this goes back to good or bad multiboxers. Personally I only multibox to raf level however a few things ive picked up along the way are: How to make macros to that any of the multiboxed characters can become the snake head, again macro's to adjust follow and assist different targets. I am not sure how long it would take you to drop tremor and link your shaman again, but for me about 1 global. Once you have a grasp of what the other 4 are doing and completely setup so that you can seemingly control all in a mirror fashion i.e 5x FS 5x LvB, and set up the same time to make it seem as tho you can individually control all at once. Now to be 100% honest the whole setup process takes more time to understand and tinker with than the controlling of the 5 at once when your done. So if you assume a decent shaman behind the controls it can be a very lethal situation.