Deleted

Guild Wars 2 Podcast by Arken & Lashen | Suggest a podcast name, win $10!

I'm pleased to present our first podcast by Arken and Lashen. I apologise in advance for occasional pops / cracks in the audio, we've fixed the issue for next week's podcast.

We have a competition for this podcast, suggest a name for our podcast series and we'll pick a winner who will receive a $10 gift card from a store of their choice (they must sell virtual gift cards), and we'll dedicate 5 minutes of our next podcast to a Guild Wars 2 topic of their choice.

We check this forum regularly, so you can submit your suggestion either here or on the Youtube video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qOZZyQUjak

Today we're starting off on a discussion about ArenaNet taking the axe to the holy trinity, what the replacement is and the good and bad involved. Then moving onto subjects such as ideas and balance concerns in World vs World, the art style and flow of the game as well as ArenaNet's recently announced animation cancelling and blending.

Next week we'll be taking a look at some subjects such as team compositions within structured PvP, speculation into high level equipment and PvE dungeon concerns.

If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear it. Don't forget to subscribe as this will be a weekly podcast and the numbers boost our egos.

Haha a friend and myself have recently started a podcast aswell. Good luck to you
    Last edited by Nawy; 2012-01-29 at 03:41 PM.
    FT for life <3

As for feedback I thought the audio could've been a lot better. But you say it's being sorted so I guess that's fine.

I've heard about the trinity system discussion about 100 times before so I honestly didn't listen to the whole thing but the first 10 minutes didn't engage me that well, and thought it was a bit 'eh' kind of vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    My name suggestions:

Guild Wars 2 Gods.
    World versus World - A GW2 Podcast
    The Event - A GW2 Podcast
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Oh I got a name, Payed for by Advertising.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

crowd control... hm I think that you didn't get that there is no standard tanking system in GW2.

Let me quote a post from guru on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyana
    Remember what is one of the most important things about tanking: Holding aggro.

Aggro in this game is supposed to work differently. According to the developer chat session, the biggest factor at the moment in determining aggro is distance. So whoever is going to be the 'tank' at any given moment is the one that's standing the closest. But don't forget that there doesn't seem to be any threat generating skills in this game so whoever wants to try and hold aggro better be:

1. In melee range
    2. Dealing a boatload of damage to keep up with the other damagers at least.

Sure there'll be control skills that let you hold the enemy, but I doubt that you'd be able to constantly use them (game would be broken with stunlocks). Someone is going to be taking hits sooner or later. Though with proper timing you could actually cycle the party members as controllers and even out the damage received if you wanted to. =p
    correct me if I'm wrong

edit: hm, I think you know what you're talking about, have to watch the whole thing, like it so far.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-29 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just listened to the first few minute so far, but both hosts could use more emotion. Try to sound excited about the topic rather than just infodumping.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

I like it

15+ Year Old Account
    "The Kryta Conventions"

Tyrian Troubadours
    New Worlds
    Rising Dragons

Not had a chance to listen to it yet. Will have a listen later on

Tyria Tavern Talk (TTT) Havent listened but it popped into my mind so i posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Suddenly a Dynamic Event!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Dragon Watch
    Sounds more like a place that we will see in game, possibly a Norn outpost

EDIT: oh and my idea for a name is Tyrian Skybox, in the sense that you are in the skybox giving an overview of the game with information in your podcast
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-01-30 at 03:34 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not as Instanced: Guild Wars 2 Edition

Deleted
    That's for all the feedback and suggestions so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Just listened to the first few minute so far, but both hosts could use more emotion. Try to sound excited about the topic rather than just infodumping.
    This was our first podcast, you can definitely hear a bit further in that we get a bit more relaxed

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, great info, bit nervous sounding at the start - understandable (got better tho) just need a bit more oomph in your voices,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashen View Post
    This was our first podcast, you can definitely hear a bit further in that we get a bit more relaxed
    You do get more relaxed, but that's not the same as showing more emotion or excitement. The podcasts I listen to generally have at least one high-energy host.

Of course, this may be a cultural difference. I've listened to British radio before, and in my experience the British hosts are more similar to the tone developed later in your podcast than they are to the manner of American radio hosts.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.