Question Desktop fan really loud?

The fan that you can see (behind the metal cage of course) at the back of my desktop is making insanely loud noises. This happens now and again but when it starts it takes ages to stop. Usually if I blew the fan really hard it would stop, or I shamefully gave the computer a gentle kick on the side it would also stop, but that doesn't seem to be doing much anymore.

This isn't a result of an overheating computer or anything like that (I don't think), as sometimes the fan does this a few seconds after the computer being turned on.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is and how do I stop it?

Cheers.

Sounds like a fault with the fan itself, so replacing it would be perhaps more feasible than trying to fix it.

Is it possible the fan is loose or something?

Deleted
    Maybe a loose cable sometimes hitting (ever so slightly) the fan as it spins, this can make for a very annoying sound. when it happens try opening the side pannel and see if anything is touching the fan.

Deleted
    When was the last time you cleaned your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Belajasx View Post
    When was the last time you cleaned your computer?
    Well I just opened up my computer and wiped (quite a bit of) dust from the fan and the graphics card fan. Apart from that, never.

The problem still persists however.

Deleted
    Get a can of compressed air and vacuum cleaner and blow dust off from all possible parts...