1. #1

    What is there to do at 50?

    Heya all
    so i been thinking, after all this awsome lvling i do love going through the story on my marauder and killing stuff, but when all that is done, what is there to do at 50? is there any daily quest hub like in tolbarad, molten front, therazane, in wow? or is it just flashpoints and PvP?

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

  2. #2
    It's the same as in WoW - your only goal is getting better gear.

  3. #3
    Belsavis PvE dailys, Ilum PvE dailys, Ilum PvP dailys, Space dailys, Flashpoints daily, Hard Mode Flashpoints daily, Ops. Think WoW, then add lazer swords.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosadvokit View Post
    Belsavis PvE dailys, Ilum PvE dailys, Ilum PvP dailys, Space dailys, Flashpoints daily, Hard Mode Flashpoints daily, Ops. Think WoW, then add lazer swords.
    oke was just wondering =) well thx, then i do know where to go once i get to that 50 mark =P

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

  5. #5
    Gearing up your companions, getting their affection to 10000, doing their quests.
    Collecting mounts
    Discovering Datacrons
    Finding Lore objects
    Discovering the maps
    Returning to planets who's side quests you skipped to get the remainder of the story there
    Making friends, socialising with your guild
    Doing the other 7 class stories.

  6. #6
    pvping to rank 60, where apparently the entire opposing faction abused the hell out of Ilum when it was broken to get rank 60 in less than a day.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  7. #7
    Currently its what Jinna said, they do have another 2 chapters of story to add to the classes to add some more story telling content, but other then that just your standard "try to find everything, cap "reps", get best gear"... which honestly is going to be any MMORPG. Quit frankly I personally like playing through all the different stories and what not, but at 50 there is nothing revolutionary in the game that has not already been the case for about 10 years. For me personally I am not going to bother with grinding the best gear, Ill do story stuff and what not, but won't do (many) dailies because though every 2-4 person quest is a daily that is boring to do, playing multiple classes through the story in different ways seems more interesting to me.

    But as far as end game content goes, they already have chapters 4 and 5 of your personal story completed and are just releasing it slowly so that there is a constant flow of small updates rather then a unsteady flow of big updates since people don't like 3,4,5 months between new content in MMOs.

    All in all, current end game content is no better and no worse then most games in the MMORPG market, the slow trickle of constant updates may keep me sticking around at the monthly fee with how many alts I play, but if not even if GW2 is meh I would rather play it for free then pay a monthly sub. But with how many alts I am playing in different play styles I will be subed for quit a while still and will be playing ToR and GW2 at the same time since one has a sub and one doesn't. Either way end game currently is average, but as they trickle in more content is may get better or worse.

  8. #8
    I never read about them having Chapters 4 and 5 done already; that's nice to know.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    But as far as end game content goes, they already have chapters 4 and 5 of your personal story completed and are just releasing
    Heh nice. So atleast i've already recieved ingame emails about future storyline.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    pvping to rank 60, where apparently the entire opposing faction abused the hell out of Ilum when it was broken to get rank 60 in less than a day.
    I think the most valor I heard anyone getting was 20-25 ranks. Anyone who hit rank 60 through this broken mechanic probably was around in the 50's or high 40's anyway. You make it sound like it was worse than it truly was. I was out there for 2 1/2 hours trying to get my daily done on the day of the change, and I only managed to get 2 or 3 ranks(from 12-15). Granted, I am a melee and my contribution mostly consisted of standing behind all the ranged and waiting for kills, because if I jumped anywhere near those turrets my game dropped to .5 FPS and I died lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Heya all
    so i been thinking, after all this awsome lvling i do love going through the story on my marauder and killing stuff, but when all that is done, what is there to do at 50? is there any daily quest hub like in tolbarad, molten front, therazane, in wow? or is it just flashpoints and PvP?
    Ok well im curious, you got the game so i assume you know a little about it , probably read a bit on there official site. Then you have levelled a char to 50 but all this time you was clueless to what happens next?
    Sorry but i cant take you seriously and im surprised anyone can when these threads pop up especially in this place where 90% of the time these threads are only created to provoke the swtor players / breeding place for wow players to bash it.
    sorry but its how i feel /shrug

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    On tuesdays, mostly, on my server is where people hang out in illum.. We'll have 50(rep) vs 150(emp) battles for hours, farming empire at our cannons until enough stupid republics show up to waste cannon charges and let us get farmed...

    ps: fix illum

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    I think the most valor I heard anyone getting was 20-25 ranks. Anyone who hit rank 60 through this broken mechanic probably was around in the 50's or high 40's anyway. You make it sound like it was worse than it truly was. I was out there for 2 1/2 hours trying to get my daily done on the day of the change, and I only managed to get 2 or 3 ranks(from 12-15). Granted, I am a melee and my contribution mostly consisted of standing behind all the ranged and waiting for kills, because if I jumped anywhere near those turrets my game dropped to .5 FPS and I died lol
    Ilum is fine now. The first 2 hours of patch 1.1 was when it was abused.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  14. #14
    Field Marshal Ahorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Probably at work
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    pvping to rank 60, where apparently the entire opposing faction abused the hell out of Ilum when it was broken to get rank 60 in less than a day.
    What is this force I sense? Is it the force to point things that one does not know?

    Nobody got 60 valor in less than a day. Seriously, NOBODY did that.

    @OP : Ya, it's like everyone said, if you're the type that usually goes for GS on your Xbox then you have ;

    Mounts to collect,
    Discover Datacrons,
    Find lor,
    Collect companions

    And if you're not that patient-a-guy (such as myself) then you have yourself PvP on WZ's and Ilum and your Flashpoints, along with your everyday Dark side/Light side points farm and Social points farm.

  15. #15
    PvP, operations and hard mode flashpoints. Discovering datacrons and companion affection maxing. Not much content out to be busy everytime you login so gotta find things to do hehe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •