Looking for new gaming laptop

I'm looking for a 17" laptop for gaming, streaming, and editing. Looking to spend between $1,000 and $1,300 on it including tax and everything. The one that I think so far is best is the Asus G74SX TH71. This is like maxing my price limit though so was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. My current laptop is a i3 2.13GHz, 4GB DDR3 ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 512mb, 320GB hard drive, with Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks

You could also take a look at this MSI 16F2 barebone, it's a 15.6" though. http://www.xoticpc.com/force-16f2012...wconfigure=yes

I have two suggestions for you:

Sony VAIO F2 Series VPCF234FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop
    or
    ASUS Republic of Gamers G53SX-AH71 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop

Id link you, but I cant cause I dont have enough posts I guess... Search exact thing on amazon!

Anyone have any thoughts on getting from ibuypower or any other sites like that?

Re:

www.digitalstormonline.com Hands down!

Bought a beast mode Desktop for $3,500 plus (first gaming computer and hadn't bought a new computer in MANY years). I will be buying my new laptop through them and expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000 for it. I would use it for work, gaming, media and tv/netflix/movies. I suppose other companies might be viable, yet DSO is as consistent as they come and some commentors that were at Blizzcon might be able to attest to having met the staff last year.

DSO is just awesome. The website gives me a comfortable feeling and their forums are fantastically helpful at guiding you to the computer of your dreams and budget. It was a truely wonderful experienece for the $ i shelled out and when it arrived at work it was a THING OF BEAUTY (my desktop). Really. Safely bubble wrapped. Already tested for 72 hours PRIOR to shipping and after construction.

I checked other sites out but after really debating on this for months and talking with the staff I felt DSO earned my dollar and repeat business.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought my Asus G73SW-A1 from XoticPC (www.xoticpc.com) and they're really good. They have great computer, and pretty damn good deals. I got my laptop for $1,000 (I'll list specs below).

Screen: 17.3" 1920x1080 LCD
    CPU: i7 2630QM
    GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    HDD: 500GB 7200RPM (Took the 2nd 500GB HDD out of it to take the price down.)
    (Plus it came with Win 7 64-bit, carrying bag / back pack thing, a USB mouse, and a 2 year warranty with 1 year accident protection included.)

So overall, great buy and a great website to buy from. +1 XoticPC recommendation.

Friend of mine got an iBuyPower desktop, and it's a pretty badass computer, so I can definitely recommend their computers as well. The laptop you linked for that price is good, the only thing I'd be unhappy with is the lower screen resolution. I mean, seriously, why the fuck would you put a 1600x900 screen in that instead of a full res screen? Makes no sense.

From personal experience, the ASUS G53SX is very good in its price to performance ration.
    You can't get much better than that in a gaming notebook, before the price tag runs away with you. A 750GB HDD, 8GiB RAM, 1920x1080 resolution in a decent(!) TN-panel, GTX560M and an i7-2670QM for surprisingly little money.

Too bad it's so ugly. I generally prefer MSI's gaming notebooks to ASUS' though. I also wouldn't go over 15.6" for a notebook. And again. It's ugly, huge, and heavy.

isn't it after 10 posts that I can post links? *bumping this also so I can post links to two I'm looking at*

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 12:09 PM ----------

The ones I was originally looking at were http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamer...dp_ob_title_ce and http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...sku=A50-173400 The first one from amazon I believe is better, both come with free shipping it seems so it'd just be the tax that is extra, but if I'm putting out what I'm putting out I might as well get the best of what I want right? I definetly think asus is gonna be the way to go, How is it on a 15" compared to 17" when I made the switch it was amazing and I dunno if I could go back to 15".

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 11:07 AM ----------

bumping for any more suggestions as i keep looking around. Thanks