Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to join my friend's legacy. Dawntreader is not a good Imp name.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you think BW will eventually let us have different Legacy names per character?

Got to say one of my gripes is that all my characters have to share a Legacy name. Perhaps it's my RP side that isn't happy that my other characters can't have separate surnames. (yes i'm aware the name can be hidden)
    I hope so or at least come up with a better implementation. I agree this is a Legacy but it makes no sense to have a Human and a Chiss with the same Surname. Provided the Legacy system does squat at this time, I hope to see something in the next coming months. I was lucky enough to choose something that fits my character names, but that annoying window was also driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    Maybe they should implement multiple legacy names. You can have like 4 different names and when you make a new one character you can chose any of them. But you will only unlock one legacy name per character so you will need to level 4 different characters to unlock them. Just an idea
    If you want multiple legacy names, create a character on a different server.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you think BW will eventually let us have different Legacy names per character?

Got to say one of my gripes is that all my characters have to share a Legacy name. Perhaps it's my RP side that isn't happy that my other characters can't have separate surnames. (yes i'm aware the name can be hidden)
    That defeats the purpose of it in the first place. So no
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    James Ohlen then comes with a video last week and says they are always listening to the community and making changes that community wants, yet things like this weren't listened to, and weren't ever addressed.
    Making the game the developers want > making the game the "community" (and I use that term very loosely) wants

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I only show mine in title format, mostly because potentia isn't the verb of power, and it's not the sort of word you have the end of a name anyway.
    No big deal to me, I can still see it, and you're obviously not hiding anything.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post

SENSE NONE MAKE YOU
    Have to say that the SENSE NONE MAKE is from Bioware when they made it account based instead of faction based. They are trying to make it that my Pure Blood Sith is some how related to my Trooper? My third cousin on my mothers side or adopted? There is only so much disbelief i am willing to suspend and that concept is way south of that...waaaaayyyyyy south.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Have to say that the SENSE NONE MAKE is from Bioware when they made it account based instead of faction based. They are trying to make it that my Pure Blood Sith is some how related to my Trooper? My third cousin on my mothers side or adopted? There is only so much disbelief i am willing to suspend and that concept is way south of that...waaaaayyyyyy south.
    Because adoption and differences of opinion within families is just something that can't be explained.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Because adoption and differences of opinion within families is just something that can't be explained.
    Sure can. Its that a true blue republic family some how came across a nutter pure blood sith when he was a nipper and went awww lets take it home with us. Then some how lost track of it as he went of to become a Sith Lord. I can see you dont seem to have a problem with it so i guess we will just have to agree to disagree that its an utterly stupid idea.

Sure can. Its that a true blue republic family some how came across a nutter pure blood sith when he was a nipper and went awww lets take it home with us. Then some how lost track of it as he went of to become a Sith Lord. I can see you dont seem to have a problem with it so i guess we will just have to agree to disagree that its an utterly stupid idea.
    So you want to use your Legacy name to RP but yet don't want to RP any sort of "adoption" ... The legacy system is just a side feature that will be expanded in the next patch.

If you don't like your legacy name it is your own fault, make a new character on a different server. Requesting multiple legacy names would be redundant and would ruin what the system is meant for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    So you want to use your Legacy name to RP but yet don't want to RP any sort of "adoption" .

If you don't like your legacy name it is your own fault
    Its not about RP and my legacy name is the only one i wanted. My Gunslinger is called 'The Outlaw Josey Wales' so i am happy as a dog with two bones with it. My gripe with it is that the name has to be used by both factions on that server. It seems ridiculous to me that they would try and shoehorn some many disparate races and factions into one supposed family tree.

If folk are happy to do that then give them the option to use it cross faction. I would rather have the option to have a separate legacy for each faction. I dont think its being unreasonable to want that.

whats the point of having different legacy name is it is call... "LEGACY" ?

Deleted
    So your answer is Star Wars The Old Republic of Adoption? Saying 'all 8 of my characters are adopted' is lazy unimaginative

As it is now it's the players legacy NOT the characters so why even have it as a surname