Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Guide: Gearing up at swtor!

UPDATED FOR 1.2

Hey people!

I've been level 50 for a couple of days now and I've started the slow progress of gearing up for Operations. I've done most of the level 50 FP (I did Kaon Under Siege today) and even though the God of RNG must hate me, I got some loots. Anyway, with the torhead not having lootlists for bosses, I decided to make a small synopsis of the Loot Table of Hard Mode Flashpoints from the Imperial Side.

First of all, there are three set of gear now on.

-Tier 1 named Tionese has set bonuses and are obtain from bosses of hard modes and by acquiring Badges and Crystals from the bosses at hard mode. Energized/Xenotech gear are equivalent to Tionese but without the set bonuses.

-Tier 1.5 named Columni are obtained by tokens. Columni tokens are provided after competing the Heroic Mode daily mission and after killing the last boss of a hard mode flashpoint. Exotech gear are equivalent to Columni but without the set bonuses.

-Tier 2 named Rakata is exclusive to hard mode and nightmare mode operations.

LIST OF FLASHPOINTS

Black Talon

Sergeant Boran/GXR-5 Sabotage Droid: Tionese Belts
    Commander Ghulil: Energized Leggings
    Bonus: GXR-7 Command Droid: Tionese Ears
    Yadira Ban: Columi Bracers

Boarding Party

HXI-54 Juggernaut: Relic
    Sakan Do’nair: Energized Boots
    Bonus: Chief Engineer Kels: Tionese Implant
    Commander Jorland & Goonies: Columi Gloves

The Foundry

Foundry Guardian: Tionese Boots
    HK-47: Tionese Offhand
    Bonus: Burrower Matriarch: Tionese Belt
    Revan: Columi Boots

Directive 7

Interrogator: Tionese Bracers
    Bulwark: Energized Chestguard
    Bonus: Replicator: Relic
    Mentor: Columi Leggings

The False Emperor

Jindo Krey: Tionese Gloves
    HK-47: Tionese Mainhand Weapon
    Bonus: Sith Entity: Tionese Implants
    Darth Malgus: Columi Chestguard

Battle of Ilum

Velasu Graege & Drinda-Zel: Tionese Bracers
    Krel Thak: Energized Headgear
    Bonus: Guid Patriach: Tionese Earpiece
    Darth Serevin: Columi Offhand

Kaon Under Siege

Defend vs Zombies encounter: Xenotech Gloves
    Rakghoul Behemoth: Tionese Grade Mainhand with Q56 color crystal
    Bonus: KR-82 Expulser: Columi Headgear
    Commander Lk’Graagth: Columi Headgear

Lost Island Heroic Mode
    LR-5 Sentinel Droid: Columi boots
    Project Sav-Rak: Columi Legs
    Transgenic Sample Eleven: Relic
    Doctor Lorrick: Columi Mainhand, Rakata Chest

Explosive Conflict – Storymode
    Toth and Zorn: Rakata Bracer, Rakata Implant, Rakata Chest
    Stormcaller and Firebrand: Rakata Belt, Rakata Offhand, Rakata Boot
    Colonel Vorgath: Rakata Legs, Rakata Gloves, Rakata Implant
    Warload Kephess: Rakata Helmet, Rakata Mainhand, Random Black Hole MK2/MK3 gear or Campaign Relic

Explosive Conflict – Hardmode
    Toth and Zorn: Campaign Legs, Campaign Bracers, Random Black Hole gear or Campaign Relic
    Stormcaller and Firebrand: Campaign Belt, Campaign Offhand, Random Black Hole gear or Campaign Relic
    Colonel Vorgath: Campaign Chest, Campaign Gloves, Random Black Hole gear or Campaign Relic
    Warload Kephess: Campaign Mainhand, Campaign Helm, Random Black Hole gear or Campaign Relic

ATTENTION: To access the Bonus Bosses you have to complete all the updates of the bonus chain missions you get inside the Flashpoints.

FINALY

SET BONUSES!!

Thank god, it doesn't mater if you have different tiers of set pieces, you still get the set bonus, so:

BOUNTY HUNTER

MERCENARY HEALER HEALER:
    2 pieces: Increases the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells by 3 seconds.
    4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds and the cooldown of Emergency Scan or Bacta Infusion by 3 seconds.

MERCENARY DPS:
    2 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Power Shot and Tracer Missile or Charged Bolts and Grav Round by 15%
    4 pieces: Reduces the cost of Rail Shot by 8 or the cost of High Impact Bolt by 1.

POWERTECH TANK
    2 pieces: Increases the duration of Oil Slick or Smoke Grenade by 2 seconds and the duration of Energy Shield or Reactive Shield by 3 seconds.
    4 pieces: Increases Melee, Range, Tech and Force defense by 2%.

POWERTECH DPS:
    2 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Explosive Fuel or Battle Focus by 15 seconds.
    4 pieces: Increases the damage of Rail Shot and High Impact Bolt by 8%.

IMPERIAL AGENT

Operative DPS:
    2 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Backstab or Backblast by 15%.
    4 pieces: Increases maximum energy by 5.

Operative HEALER:
    2 pieces: Reduces the energy cost of Recuperative Nanotech and Kolto Cloud by 4.
    4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Kolto Infusion and Kolto Pack by 15%.

Sniper DPS:
    2 pieces: Activating Target Acquired or Illegal Mods restores 10 energy.
    4 pieces: Reduces the energy cost of Takedown and Quickdraw by 7.

SITH INQUISITOR

Sith Sorcerer DPS:
    2 pieces: Reduces cost of Lightning Strike and Force Lightning or Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw by 2.
    4 pieces: Affliction or Weaken Mind damage has a 10% chance to increase alacrity by 5% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Sith Sorcerer HEALER:
    2 pieces: Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5 seconds.
    4 pieces: Increases total Force by 50.

Sith Assassin TANK:
    2 pieces: Increases shield chance by an additional 5% during Dark Ward or Kinetic Ward.
    4 pieces: Increases Elemental, Internal, Kinetic and Energy damage reduction by 2%.

Sith Assassin DPS:
    2 pieces: Saber Strike hits restore 1 Force.
    4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Thrash and Voltaic Slash or Double Strike and Clairvoyant Strike by 15%.

SITH WARRIOR

Sith Juggernaut TANK:
    2 pieces: Increases the duration of Blade Turning by 1 second, and the duration of Invincible or Warding Call by 2 seconds.
    4 pieces: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by Sonic Barrier or Blade Barrier by 20%.

Sith Juggernaut DPS:
    2 pieces: Lowers the cooldown of Enrage or Combat Focus by 5 seconds.
    4 pieces: Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.

Sith Marauder DPS:
    2 pieces: Reduces the rage cost of Vicious Throw or Dispatch by 1.
    4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds.

See you around,
    May the Force serve you well!
    Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2012-04-27 at 12:23 AM.

The information is nice, but severely let down by the Sorcerer 4 piece bonus because it's pointless with the way healing exists on the class. I can't recall the last time I've *ever* dipped lower than 60% much less low enough to where that extra force will really matter (and if you're hitting that consistently you need to L2P badly).

Yeah, the freebie Consumptions are nice with that bonus but still pretty pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not very related to open but as a tank are there minimum stats defensive and HP wise before I start hard mode flashpoints?

thanks for putting all this here, but we have been using the charts at Dulfy's healing Corner.

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/cate...dgame-gearing/

Thank you very much, it's very useful for me.

you can also get 2 x Rakata implants and a rakata earpiece from doing daily missions.. 120 daily tokens each from a vendor on ilum

considering normal mode operations can be completed in groups with basically level 50 blues, i dont think you needa spend all this much time in dungeons, just find a good pug and have some knowledge of whats going on...

yes i have completed all bosses on normal and most bosses on hard.. some bosses on nightmare so i'm not just guessing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    Not very related to open but as a tank are there minimum stats defensive and HP wise before I start hard mode flashpoints?
    I'm not playing a tank at high level myself yet but, I can give you some tips I supposed. As fast as you reach level 50, you should finish your class quest and continue doing dailies at Ilum and Belsavis. PvP to get commendation and buy pvp gear that would be replaced later by your pve gear and finally buy some mods, barrels hilts, crystals etc rank 22 or higher to upgrade your modable gear. Try to do your first HM FPs with guildies and a good healer that you trust. CC you way at trash and check on the internet for bosses guide. 15k healthpoint is easily reachable goal to begin with I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was disapointed at how easy hardmode black talon was, i heard stories and was scared to tank it when i hit lv50, my gear was all lv45+ modded oranges, but when i first walked into it, i swear, it was a walk in the park. Hardmode blacktalon and boarding party are easier than the 45+ normal flashpoints (kaon, false emperor, directive 7, etc), so dont be scared of tanking it.

For defensive stats, i had 20% defense, 35% shield chance, 25% shield absorption, which went down by about 2% overall when increasing my health by 2k with upgrades from hardmodes (not a good trade, i know).

Here is a trick for bosses: use cooldowns, help your healer. I personally rotate my cooldowns depending if the boss has special attacks or not, if they do, i cast them prior to those attacks, to give the healer room to heal you back up again. Most bosses will have some sort of enrage, be it at health % or after a certain time, save your -40% damage taken cooldown for that enrage if you are grouping with dps around your gear levels. And specially, use your relics, you got 2 of them, they are a nice defensive boost on a fairly short cooldown, if you use them early, they will be back by the end of the fight.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-01-30 at 12:30 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

If you do pvp and get a champion token you already have, you can take out 2 mods and put them in a tionese piece of equipment, which will make it almost a columni level item.

The champion gear does not have expertise on the removable mods, so thats quite an easy way to get good mods and with them good gear. of course you can also put them in centurion pieces or take the mods out pf columi items you manage to get twice.

just mind the benefits this games mod system provides

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Added your thread to the stickied guides thread.

Deleted
    Nice guide, here's mine:

Do dailies, do flashpoints, profit.

Nah but seriously good work, the tionese/columi/rakata system isn't exactly the most intuitive one game developers have thought out.

Consider adding this (or something like it) to the guide:

Daily Quests
    Ilum
    8 daily commendations available through quests here (5 solo quests and one 2 man Heroic quest).
    "Poisonous Strategy" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 enhancements.
    "Defend the Shipment" for Empire is currently bugged (shipments permanently report as in use).
    Vendors in your faction's base sell a variety of rewards for Daily commendations: Rakata quality implants and earpieces for 120 commendations each, artifact quality lv50 hilts/gun barrels/armourings for 8 commendations each, special mounts for 200 commendations.

Belsavis
    16 daily commendations available through quests here (7 solo quests, two 4 man Heroic quests and one 2 man Heroic quest)
    "Old Enemies" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 armourings - stats are tailored to your class.
    "Freeing the Fallen" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 mods - stats are tailored to your class.
    "Lights Out" for Empire can be soloed by most classes: simply sic your most durable companion on the guarding packs, run past and click the interactable object. You can then survive the aggro by running into the walls on the edge of the area. The quest rewards orange weapons equipped with lv49 prototype mods for each of your companions and is a great way of gearing them up.

Also Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for Republic presumably possess the same drops as Boarding Party and Foundry.
    Last edited by mmoccbf1395d51; 2012-01-30 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great post! Thanks!

Should re-name thread Empire side.

Can't you get better mods by stripping them out of Champion and Battlemaster gear?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    Nice guide, here's mine:

Do dailies, do flashpoints, profit.

Nah but seriously good work, the tionese/columi/rakata system isn't exactly the most intuitive one game developers have thought out.

Consider adding this (or something like it) to the guide:

Daily Quests
    Ilum
    8 daily commendations available through quests here (5 solo quests and one 2 man Heroic quest).
    "Poisonous Strategy" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 enhancements.
    "Defend the Shipment" for Empire is currently bugged (shipments permanently report as in use).
    Vendors in your faction's base sell a variety of rewards for Daily commendations: Rakata quality implants and earpieces for 120 commendations each, artifact quality lv50 hilts/gun barrels/armourings for 8 commendations each, special mounts for 200 commendations.

Belsavis
    16 daily commendations available through quests here (7 solo quests, two 4 man Heroic quests and one 2 man Heroic quest)
    "Old Enemies" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 armourings - stats are tailored to your class.
    "Freeing the Fallen" and its Republic counterpart reward artifact quality lv49 mods - stats are tailored to your class.
    "Lights Out" for Empire can be soloed by most classes: simply sic your most durable companion on the guarding packs, run past and click the interactable object. You can then survive the aggro by running into the walls on the edge of the area. The quest rewards orange weapons equipped with lv49 prototype mods for each of your companions and is a great way of gearing them up.

Also Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for Republic presumably possess the same drops as Boarding Party and Foundry.
    Thanks a lot! I was about to write the daily missions' rewards but you saved me the trouble!

---------- Post added 2012-01-31 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Can't you get better mods by stripping them out of Champion and Battlemaster gear?
    Yeah, you can

Deleted
    Crafted purple gear is also a way to gear up, especially if you like me have lousy luck with drops in fps (2 weeks of running 3+ hard modes daily and all I got to show for it is a pair of boots). Purple lvl 49-50 gear may not have the "raw" stats (aim, endurance, strength etc) of a tionese/columni, but it almost always has more "secondary" stats like crit/surge/power. Going from a full crafted heavy armor set (with augment slots) to full columni has given me around 200 more aim and 200 more endurance, but I lost 5-7% crit and 10-12% crit damage. The tradeoff was worth it of course, but the difference wasn't earth shattering.

Deleted
    Did not have a chance to check this thread yet, so will add my roaring approval to the others here. A really great post. This sort of information is severely lacking in the Swtor community right, so it hits the spot very well.

Deleted
    http://www.tor-loot.com/
    For all your loot needs.

Deleted
    Cool thanks to all who contributed !

Just a note that you can now get daily commendations from the top tier space combat daily as well. Two for Operation Ascendant Pride.

EDIT: Oops, looks like it's only for Ascendant Pride? Oh well.
    Last edited by Moriarty; 2012-01-31 at 03:13 PM.