Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will you visit the US?

If things play out and it becomes much easier to visit the US, will you visit the US for vacation? This is obviously a question in regards to Obama's recent speech at Disney.

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/articles...or-visa-reform

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    If things play out and it becomes much easier to visit the US, will you visit the US for vacation? This is obviously a question in regards to Obama's recent speech at Disney.

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/articles...or-visa-reform
    The girlfriend and I used to drive down to Minnesota from Canada on a regular basis, but once the passport for land crossing law came into effect it just wasn't worth our while so we just stay in Canada for road trips now. I could apply for an enhanced photo ID or nexus card but again for whimsical little road trips every now and then it's just not worth it.

So if you guys want my tourism dollars then bring back the bosom buddies with Canada policy

There is no real problems going on vacation to the USA as it is right now, at least not as a Swede, it's not really a trip you do on a whim :P so you plan ahead and then it's no real problems. I've been twice, went to Miami for WMC 2005 and been to NYC with my mom, but that was almost 15 years ago.

I'd like to go again, so much to see and I'd like to visit american relatives as well.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I guess it could be fun.

Nope, don't have any particular want to go there.

Europe is my favourite (I'm an Aussie) and quick trips to Bali are a close 2nd.

I hear there are tons and tons of people taking vacations to the US from Mexico all the time, really...really...really long vacations

Deleted
    As a Brit there isn't a hard time getting into the US but to answer the question yes id love to visit soon, wanna see LA and New York.

It's not particularly difficult to get a tourist visa anyway.

I'm an American and I've only vacationed in America. Someday that may change. Maybe.

I got all excited last February because we went on a cruise, thinkin i'd be out of the US. Didn't even get a stamp in my passport *tear*

I'm more anxious to leave the US for vacation, but thats probably just because I live here.

I guess the change is good for people who comes from countries that the USA consider as a risk that people will not go back to their own countries after their vacation, so for those people who have already gone through screening it would be good, European citizens don't have that problem though, we are not considered a risk to become "illegal immigrants" so we get tourist visa easily.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    My best friend is a Yankee and moved back there a few years back, I'm determined to head over there some time soon. Lives in Virginia within close proximity to D.C., so I'd love to go in April and visit Washington coinciding with Christopher Hitchens' birthday (hoping memorial will be in his adopted U.S. hometown this year) and mine a few days after. =]

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not after they pulled out that crap with dragging Megaupload's manager into their country.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Lots of places I'd like to see in the US, but traveling there kinda frightens me, so no.

Deleted
    I already have visited the states, about 7 years ago, and I did enjoy myself - if I could muster up enough cash to go again, I probably would in the future

Deleted
    I don't know.
    There are some places in the US that I'd might like to see, but at the same time, it's not that high on my list of priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of two minds on this subject, I would like to visit my in-laws one day, and there is some nice nature there (grand canyon etc.). On the other hand I have a dislike to the attitude displayed by americans in shows, mind I didn't say that's truthful in anyway. However I did meet enough americans to have at least a little inkling about some of them.

Meh, I suppose I'll go one day and keep to myself :P

I would never want to go to US if my grandparents weren't living there.

Deleted
    i wanted to travel, but now with the NDAA i will never go to america as a tourist again, it was a nice country the people were nice, but no thanks, i can get to prison w/o being guilty No thanks

i have been there a few times with my parents for disneyland trips as a kid, i would probably go again if the trip was free, but i wouldnt pay money to. not that i am anti american i just dont see the point of vacationing in a place that is exactly the same as where you already live. we used to cross border all the time just to eat dinner when we got sick of the restaurants around here, but since the new border rules we havent bothered.