Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    With so many people having access to MoP Beta, expect fierce competition.

You really want to get someone to stay at your house and take it in shifts. Well depending how long 85-90 takes.

But really, I don't recommend it. Rushing to level sucks all the fun out of the game that should be all fresh and cool with the new expansion. And then when it comes time to level an alt you won't enjoy that either because you've spoilered the content.

There should be an achievement for Realm First Took It All In And Thoroughly Enjoyed the 85-90 Leveling Experience. Maybe a title called "the Rose-Smeller".

10+ Year Old Account
    It really boils down to having good questing "skill" in general. I'm serious- being a better quester will make you faster than any other single thing. The know-how for route planning, and so on. The second absolute requirement for realm first is getting ahead. By this I mean you need to beat everyone else to get through the first quests. Think of it as a clogged artery- only a small amount of people can get through at a time while everyone else is busy in the clusterfuck. Get ahead at the start, and the rest is smooth sailing.

Don't stress yourself out. Letting yourself get paranoid about people behind you really wears on you, and forcing yourself (CANTDRINKCANTEAT) is bad. Chill. Grab a drink while you're on a flight path, don't hold your bladder. Just go with it.

So,

1. Be good at questing in general
    2. Get ahead at the start
    3. Relax

Knowledge of the quests before hand is nice, but not required. I got RF85 having only done part of the Hyjal content on my buddy's beta account, as such I had no idea of anything after hyjal. I beat second place by over an hour, and third place by 2 hours flat. Wildhammer is a med-pop realm. I also got realm first 525 inscription.

I can't stress the relax enough. Despite having only been up for 13 hours, I felt completely drained by the end of the ordeal due to stressing towards the end.

Deleted
    I doubt you could get a group of friends dedicated enough to spend 12 hours helping you get realm first. Most of the stuff that guide says would only be needed on a very high population realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    I would agree, except anyone who wants a hope of getting a realm first will have done it at least once on the beta. Take your time there to enjoy it, then plough through on the live realms.
    This is the reason I don't ever want to play in the Beta.

The first time I experience the new content, I don't want it to be full of bugs.

OP, do you have beta access?