Deleted

Warlord Zon'ozz 10 man heroic - log review

Hi everyone,

1. We're using the eminent guide here on the forums http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-ozz-10-Heroic

2. Normally we run blood DK, prot Warrior (arms for this one), combat rogue, fury warrior, fire mage, demo/aff lock, spriest, resto shammy, holy paladin and resto druid.

(yesterday, we brought an extra holy paladin and a hunter since two guys were unavailable).

3. Probably +30 tries so far, and it feels like "it's almost there".

4-5. We're wiping due to dispel misunderstandings, the incoming damage in black phase and sudden tank deaths. We made it to enrage numerous of attempts, including the two last ones.

6. We haven't really tried to fix anything except even groups, healing cds and a 5-5-5-5 system.

7. Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n82pd9e8uf2sts4z/

* Any general tips and thoughts about our numbers, mage seems to be low on damage done?
    * Any tips/tricks to improve damage done/survivability?
    * Any specific resto druid advice is also appreciated!

Cheers

We are running 7-7-7-7 in our raid group. I can't really tell you what you should change, but you can watch my movie from Warlord HC if you are interested and maybe you find something useful.
    Log Movie

This log is using the 5-5-5-5 strat...we usually do 7-5-7-5, but our strat revolves around using our spriest dispersing the 7th one by himself and since he wasn't there we just did 5-5-5-5 and it worked out fine.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=3126&e=3463

Overall your damage seems a bit low, you should have more people in the 40k+ range if you are hitting enrage.

A tip when dispelling the debuff, two things you should think about. First off, I haven't read that strat you linked, but make sure that you when you run out to be dispelled that you run at an angle to a spot in range of both camps so all your healers are in range.
    Secondly, do not run out if the orb is about to hit your group. Just wait to soak it then run out.

As for resto druid tips, I personally split my CDs. Tranq the first black phase then pop tree for the second, then repeat. Your logs seems fine for your part.

This fight can be a pain, but stick with it. If you are hitting enrage, you are close...DPS just has to pick it up a notch.

Good Luck!

Maybe take 7 Bounces at the start, that's 10% extra damage for the rest of the Encounter and can easily be handled, which helps really with the Enrage.

i *think* Arcane is better for this fight because Arcane can easily kill those adds, fire is better for execute phase, if those adds live too long try it with arcane.

For every black phase you should have at least one Raid CD, Tranq / Spirit Link / Divine Hymn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzai View Post
    Overall your damage seems a bit low, you should have more people in the 40k+ range if you are hitting enrage.!
    Your mage hit the boss with a lot of more fireballs/spells in general - our mage needs to step up and perhaps he should spend more time on the boss and let someone else finish up the adds...

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Maybe take 7 Bounces at the start, that's 10% extra damage for the rest of the Encounter and can easily be handled, which helps really with the Enrage.
    Yes, this shouldn't be any problem and we're going to try it again, think we used 5-5-5-5 because it was easier to handle dispels.

Thank you all for your input so far!

You aren't kicking Shadow Gaze at all. Doing that will alleviate some damage in the black phases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyoken View Post
    You aren't kicking Shadow Gaze at all. Doing that will alleviate some damage in the black phases.
    Good point, thanks! Just read that the adds don't have a cast bar, so dps should just interrupt blindly?

Quote Originally Posted by Quackpack View Post
    Good point, thanks! Just read that the adds don't have a cast bar, so dps should just interrupt blindly?
    They are 'casting' when the eyes are crouching (the animation is pretty clear)

Or

You can interrupt right after a black lightning has already gone off from your target. They seem to recast right away.

They also target someone in addition to crouching.