Monitor isn't working

As title says my computer monitor isn't finding anything when I use either DVI(card) or VGA(motherboard). It just goes to sleep. It did this for about a week and I'd just restart it and fiddle with the cords a little bit and it'd work fine. This is my computer and it's only about 9 months old. I did download a recent driver update about 3 days ago, but it was doing that a few days before I even did that. Any idea what the problem could be? Maybe my motherboard is going out? Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you, computer gurus ^_^ I'm about to head off for work but I'll post any missing information when I get back.

Edit: I did plug in the monitor to my other computer and it worked fine. I used the same cord too. It isn't the monitor or the cord as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Acideyeliner; 2012-01-30 at 03:57 PM.

Deleted
    Is it possible that you've disabled it? If you right click desktop and go to Screen Resolution, under the Multiple Displays tab what does it say?

hmm if fiddling with the cords "fixes" it I would definatelly try and use a different cord if possible to see if the problem persists, trying it on a different pc with the same cord does not mean much if fiddling with it temporarily fixes it.

Did you try using a different monitor? if that has the same problem it rules out the screen

Deleted
    As Denpepe says, different cord and try another screen. What monitor is it?